Age difference? Watch

pendragon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
Learn that from QI by any chance?
Nope; I really should watch QI, but I never know whether to believe Stephen Fry.
hannah_dru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thank you for the rep I don't mean to be an **** about the rule but I've always ended up falling in love with people regardless of age.
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For girls I'd probably never go with anyone over a year younger until the age of about 26... and as for older, well im 20, my boyfriend is 31, he could still be a it older and I'd still feel comfortable... I think so long as they don't change into an old man too much before you turn into an old woman haha...

At 20 I wouldnt really want anyone younger than say 25... but then that's just me

In my opinon women mature faster than men, and also sadly age faster... So for me its the older guy all the way

Any reason you ask OP?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 24

I'd go as low as 21, and as high as erm...I dunno....37 maybe. That could be pushing it slightly - 35 perhaps - depends how much I liked the guy lol.

My husband is 31.
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 20. Current bf is 27.
time.to.dance
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by paperclip)
OP, are you talking about someone older or younger

i've been in a very controversial relationship before, but it worked really well and we were happy so it's all good, lasted 9 months

i was 17, she was 14

if you wanna talk about it gimme a shout, or quote me
:eek: :eek:

im truly surprised! i once tried it with a guy who just finished year 8 when i finished year 10. couldnt cope even though i adored him. oh well thats life.
AussieKat
Report 10 years ago
I'm 18, I'd go as low as 17 and as old as about 28 I think x
libertine861
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been thinking about this lately as there are alot of young girls where I work, I think the average age is about 17/18. I'm almost 22 and to be honest, I don't think I could see myself going with somebody that young, I think we're at different stages in our lives and some of them come across as being a bit immature still. I would probably go out with a girl who is about 19 at the youngest and say 25/6 at the oldest? I am attracted to women who are alot older than that but I would never have a relationship with them, would be too weird.
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on age, if your 18 or over, 16 is the youngest. I think the oldest I'd go at the moment would be 21 or 22, with my age being 19. I think at older ages the gap gets less important.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I was 12 I dated a 15 year old (who is now gay and a part time cross-dresser)
When I was 15 I went out with a 22 year old
When I was 16 I went out with a 19 year old and then a 21 year old
When I was 17 I went out with a 28 year old.

When I was 15 I went out with a 13 year old for a few days too.

My boyfriend now is 23 (i'm 19) four years is quite nice. I have to say the 28 year old was a bit odd to be with especially when we were in bars playing 80's music and he knew all the words....

Although I do firmly believe that it's not about age it's about maturity.

Edit: I've also had casual on off relationships with people who were in their late 20's early 30's and this random interlude between the ages of 16 & 17 with a junkie I-want-to-be-pete-doherty- musician guy who was 23/24.
2kuayyaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wat does it matter.....any way it always makes u popular goin out with som1 older or youger then u......obviously not too old or young 4 those sick minded *******s out there............
Sprout_hair
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2kuayyaz)
wat does it matter.....any way it always makes u popular goin out with som1 older or youger then u......obviously not too old or young 4 those sick minded *******s out there............
So a relationship is just for popularity?!

Well i'm 17 id say max 25 and and youngest 16..
But tbhh.. as long as theyre both over 16 i think its fine!
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by time.to.dance)

im truly surprised! i once tried it with a guy who just finished year 8 when i finished year 10. couldnt cope even though i adored him. oh well thats life.
lol, i was surprised too, but she was really mature and didn't act (or look) her age

the funniest bit was when i gave her my copy of much ado about nothing, i finished with it at AS and she was doing it for her sats...that was strange

i'm surprised noones negged me yet, it wasn't a very socially acceptable thing to do (i bet they will after this :p:)

girls are usually more mature then guys anyway
fungirl1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im 19 the oldest guy i would get with is 27. the youngest 19. sorry but i like older guys i just couldnt date anyone younger
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by time.to.dance)

Ah, that's a shame. Why couldn't you cope?

I had a few relationships with "older" people (up to an age gap of around six years) in the past, but when I was 16 I started seeing a guy two years younger than me, and we're still together now (I'm 22 and he is 20). Admittedly, in terms of maturity he's miles ahead of all the other 20-year-olds I know, but nonetheless I'm pretty glad I never shot myself in the foot by purposefully avoiding people younger than me.

I also have a couple of good friends who have a 25-year age-gap in their relationship, which has further taught me not to turn my nose up at big age-gaps; they work for some people.

I think if one/both of the couple are in their teens, a bit more caution is needed in terms of age-gaps, but once you're over 20 (perhaps even over 18) I don't see a problem with having relationships with people who are much older, as long as you're both happy.

(Original post by 2kuayyaz)
What on earth was that all about? Strange, strange post.
εїз pinga εїз
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why are you anonymous?

I'm 18, I'd date a hot 50 year old (there aren't many though).

Perfect age would be early 30s.

Yes I'm a bit weird.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by εїз pinga εїз)
Why are you anonymous?

I'm 18, I'd date a hot 50 year old (there aren't many though).

Perfect age would be early 30s.

Yes I'm a bit weird.
I think OP was anonymous at the start, but "came out" (pardon the expression) midway through the thread in response to a question from Paperclip.

I'm 16 and while nothing's going to happen anytime soon, I wouldn't go for anyone younger. I find that guys are just too immature. In terms of age difference...probably 2 years either side (but only if he was mature :rolleyes:). At least we're at the same stage, it's not like one's leaving uni while the other one's starting...
εїз pinga εїз
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Muppety_Kid)
I think OP was anonymous at the start, but "came out" (pardon the expression) midway through the thread in response to a question from Paperclip.

I'm 16 and while nothing's going to happen anytime soon, I wouldn't go for anyone younger. I find that guys are just too immature. In terms of age difference...probably 2 years either side (but only if he was mature :rolleyes:). At least we're at the same stage, it's not like one's leaving uni while the other one's starting...
That's very vanilla of you!

With me, age is only problem if they don't have the stamina, if they're completely grey or if they're out of shape

I'd go maybe a year younger in exceptional circumstances.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by εїз pinga εїз)
That's very vanilla of you!

With me, age is only problem if they don't have the stamina, if they're completely grey or if they're out of shape

I'd go maybe a year younger in exceptional circumstances.
Meh, I'm pretty boring. Look at my profile, I still haven't filled anything in. :dontknow:

I don't see people who go for older men as freaks or anything stupid like that, I just think that age is more important when you're younger. It's more to do with being at the same stage than anything else. There was a kid when I was in Year 9 who was going out with a Year 6 (his best friend's sister ) - I know that was underage, but it's more of a taboo than for people in their 40s.
rummang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My rule for age on younger girls:
x / 2 + 7

x = your own age.

e.g. You're 18

18 / 2 = 9

9 + 7 = 16

Youngest you can go for is 16!

My rule for age on older girls:
Same as above, but 'x' in this case is their age.

She's 24

24 / 2 = 12

12 + 7 = 19

No-go for an 18 year old.

With odd numbers you divide as standard and then round up.

Ha.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads