?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by beccaarr)
Just up Brook Street, the far end. You?
Just off St Georges Road, up near the big crossing thing towards moor park
Samantha*Alison *
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
awwwh I wish I was a first year all over again! best year of me life though seriouslyyy looking forward to second year antics wooo

1) What happened on your first day what was it like (moving in) and meeting people that you didnt know for the first time?
- amazing. though depends if you're a homebird or not I guess, I'm not, so couldn't wait to say byeee to me mother and get on with it haha so I was in Kopa, B-Block B-Block ;D haha and had the most amazing flat mates, they're like my family sounds childish and cheesy to say "best friends" but that's what they are haha! Kopa put on like a pizza an quiz event thing in the common room, it was fun like, bit crowded but so glad they did cos I met so many other amazing friends who lived in the different blocks I wouldn't have known before and then after that me and my flatmates and new people we'd met all went out to yates's haha and got seriously drunk and had an amazin night!

2) Whats the worse thing if anything that happened in your first year?
ummmm all the horrible things that happened to me this first year had nothing to do with uni haha! erm, worst thing is maybe seeing people in the shops the morning after if you know what I mean.. the morning walk of shame and all that haha! Prestons pretty small so if you have good antics, everyone’ll know your business, and you won’t be able to turn the corner without bumping into someone you know haha I think it’s pretty funny like but I know some people can get sick of the same old same old.

3) Any Do's and Dont's to us who are starting are first year?
Do- talk to anyone and everyone. seriously. you can't be shy at uni!
Do- go out as often as possible, you'll regret the nights you didn't do, rather than the ones you did do, however bad/shameful they were hahaha
Don't- take first year TOO seriously, I can't stress this enough, second year is where your marks and grades count so as long as you do fine..ish and pass your first year you’ll be fine I went into one of my exams still drunk from the night before and still passed! (though serious courses like physics etc mightn’t be able to do this haha!)
Do- do fancy dress. at every opportunity. so much fun. orrrr make your own t-shirts e.g. draw on white t-shirts from primark with the various quotes and catchphrases youll make at uni hahaha - anddd carry it on as long as you can get away with it! hahaha I went in the next day to all my lectures with a t-shirt/dress i made by writing on "im ******* matt damon!!"
Don't- piss off your flatmates. they become your family for the next year, so if you can't bear them, avoid them orrr ask to be moved. but cmon what 18 year olds that hard to live with?!
Do- go to all the jobs fairs, clubs and socities fairs etc get yourself involved
Do- just spend your days lounging around in source eating their nachos (they're gorgeous!) and drinking wine. funnest ever.
Don't- worry about turning into an alcoholic. we all do.
Do- listen to your lecturers. you'll find them funny if you listen hahaha, they're important let's be honest!

Sorry for rambling on haha! XX
BrittC007
Report 9 years ago
Wow this helped soo much!!! Does anyone have any idea about Boatmans court?? Im moving there in September and im an international student so I guess ill have to be there a week earlier than everyone else.
-Angela-
Report 9 years ago
I feel abit more informed now! , thanks to everyone who put thier first days up !
Fom
Report 9 years ago
These are awesome, anyone with more to add please do, they are amazing too read. I am so excited it is un real.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Central Lancashire
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 23 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 23 Jun '19
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 30 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads