UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources Watch

littleclo
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
what do i need to take with me? and its a bit late for not panicking lol but thanks for the advice
Gkk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your brain and a passport/photocard driving licence

I panicked too! Keep telling yourself its fine to worry but better to focus
clairedelune
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
It did that to me as well, very annoying! I tried it a second time and got to the end of the maths section then it closed again.

I noticed underneath it has the answers in a PDF file so maybe the program doesn't mark itself, doesn't explain why it just closes though.
i am so irritated, i'd like a decent representation of my scores but everytime i don't completely finish a test, it decides to close down. i hate computers. why could it not just be a good old pen and paper test? and a simple percentage so we could at least work our scores out ourselves?
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clairedelune)
i am so irritated, i'd like a decent representation of my scores but everytime i don't completely finish a test, it decides to close down. i hate computers. why could it not just be a good old pen and paper test? and a simple percentage so we could at least work our scores out ourselves?
What I did in the end was to write my answers down on paper then check it with the answers on the PDF file.

Now I've actually done the test, it feels like all this revision was a waste of time :mad:
littleclo
Report 10 years ago
i know what you mean about the scores thing and the UKCAT website isn't really very helpful. Definately panicking now - i may do an all nighter with the practise questions lol. why did you feel like the revision was a waste of time?
iSimon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by clairedelune)
I know same thing happened to me!! It's so dumb - I can't get past the first section because the damn thing keeps closing - whoever programmed the UKCAT practice test thing - you suck! :mad:
Juncture
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by iSimon)
I know same thing happened to me!! It's so dumb - I can't get past the first section because the damn thing keeps closing - whoever programmed the UKCAT practice test thing - you suck! :mad:
If you finish the test before the time is up it doesn't close Or at least that's been my experience (yes I'm bored and have nothing better to do that look at the practise test even though it's 2 years till i'll be needing to take it)
KYH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi all..I'm new to this forum.
Concerning Medicas..I don't seem to be able to access the bank of UKCAT questions...only the three or so examples?! Is it possible for one of you to post the link??
Cheers.
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by KYH)
Hi all..I'm new to this forum.
Concerning Medicas..I don't seem to be able to access the bank of UKCAT questions...only the three or so examples?! Is it possible for one of you to post the link??
Cheers.
Some others had difficulty in finding the questions. See this previous post:

(Original post by scaryhair)
You know the slideshow with the tips on for each section? There is a few example questions after that, and following that there is a non-timed test. If you look to the right of the slideshow, it has a list of the slides and the one you are on is highlighted in a different colour. If you click on the end slide title, that's where all the questions are
KYH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had previously read that post...I still can't seem to find both the non timed tests or the list of slides?!
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey, even i can't find the practice tests on medicas...i deselected the e-newsletter box because i didn't want them to spam me...but apparently one of the pdf docs says that to gain access to the practice tests you need a username and password from the newsletter? can anyone help me on this?
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isometrix, here is the link for the 'quiz section' which contains the UKCAT test

https://medicas.org.uk/articles/index/15
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
hey, even i can't find the practice tests on medicas...i deselected the e-newsletter box because i didn't want them to spam me...but apparently one of the pdf docs says that to gain access to the practice tests you need a username and password from the newsletter? can anyone help me on this?
okay you have to go on their sister website MedicMix.com and sign up their to use the UKCAT web test.

However, one thing to note...it is flawed, in the example you are given the same question (organic and regular apples) appears twice BUT the second time its meant to be a different question thus when you put in the same answer as before it states that it is wrong :mad:
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
Isometrix, here is the link for the 'quiz section' which contains the UKCAT test

https://medicas.org.uk/articles/index/15
thank you my good man, voudrez-vous des reputation? oui? d'accord.
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thank you my good man, voudrez-vous des reputation? oui? d'accord.
dude trust me...the site isnt that good! Better off finding another (if one exists)

was just wondering to those who sat the UKCAT...can you zoom on the pictures if they give diagrams such as a pie chart? Or is it big enough for you to clearly read it?

Also is the on-screen calculator the same to that of the normal windows XP/Vista one (the non-scientific one)? And do they give you a hand-held?
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dude trust me...the site isnt that good! Better off finding another (if one exists)

was just wondering to those who sat the UKCAT...can you zoom on the pictures if they give diagrams such as a pie chart? Or is it big enough for you to clearly read it?

Also is the on-screen calculator the same to that of the normal windows XP/Vista one (the non-scientific one)? And do they give you a hand-held?
at this time i'm just trying to scrounge any practice questions i can find...
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
at this time i'm just trying to scrounge any practice questions i can find...
why when is your UKCAT booked for?
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why when is your UKCAT booked for?
30th...:eek: you done yours?
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
30th...:eek: you done yours?
13th of September...might reduce it based on whether i feel comfortable come 5 of September because i have basically got a grasp of every other flippin part apart from VERBAL REASONING...just a horrible section!
HodHod
Report 10 years ago
Is the whiteboard available throughout each section?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads