White Bread Watch

InnocentEyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Ally~)
I love how people bang on about unhealthy white bread is, yet still see french bread as sophis. I really doubt anyone's life expectancy has ever been reduced by eating white bread instead of brown.
that, basically. I love wholegrain bread but I really shouldn't be eating too much of it cause it's hard for me to digest. (tis why it's good usually, lots of insoluble fibre or something?) so much for generalisations...
Hasty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Warburton's, Robert's and the like, is a really weird kind of bread, quite doughy, but for me, it's really nice.
catzrin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think liking brown bread is something that comes with age. When I was little I never thought I'd do something as boring and grown up as like brown bread (along with watching the news and reading the boring books from the grown up library).
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate Warburton's normal white loaf - it's so.. I dunno, "rich" almost!

I looove Danish loaves, and a big "ME TOO!!!" to Tiger Bread - it rocks!

Generally I only get white bread fresh though from the bakery at the supermarket. I have brown for my own boring use
Melana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kingsmill Seeds and Oats is AMAZING. It's so squidgy and yummy.
Miss Monkey
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My family buy white or that 'best of both' stuff so if I ever eat bread here it's white. I don't use it to make sandwiches, I only have it as toast and it's yummy If I'm out though and get a sandwich I generally go for wholemeal bread.

My favourite is the bread with fruit in yummy, but I can't buy it because I'd probably eat it all by myself :rolleyes: .
Hasty
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hail Warburtons Toastie _/

Warburtons Toastie
Warburtons Extra Thick Toastie //// Super Toastie
Warburtons Milk Roll _/
French Sticks.
Any freshly baked white, unsliced.
Ciabatta.
Pitta.
naan.

mmm, bread is good.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Brown bread is better, so I eat that most of the time. My parents aren't around at the moment so I've been eating white bread though. Rebel!
gracie88
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I prefer brown bread for sandwiches and white for toast. If i'm buying 'fresh' bread i like tiger bread or poppy seeded bloomers. Mmmm bread nom nom nom.
Crosseyed And Painless
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bear_Grylls)
Yes very true, i guess i wasnt precise enough, but my mym buys a lot of wholegrain good quality bread such as Vogel etc
Not to scare your mum or anything, but she does realise that Vogel's is brown bread, not wholewheat bread, right? It has whole grains in it, but it's mostly white flour.

Still, it's damned tasty
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed