I killed a cat Watch

NaiGnome
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jointhedots)
You can't seriously be saying that running over a cat is comparable to running over a child...
No, there is no comparison in the long run, but it still a creature was killed, and some human might have been hurt emotionally.

It's not the actual act of killing the cat sometimes, but hurting someone's feelings.

Either way, if you have a conscience you're screwed
TOD100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP: YOU OWE ME A CAT! *******.
jointhedots
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NaiGnome)
No, there is no comparison in the long run, but it still a creature was killed, and some human might have been hurt emotionally.

It's not the actual act of killing the cat sometimes, but hurting someone's feelings.

Either way, if you have a conscience you're screwed
Oh yeah, of course. Just thought the bit I quoted was slightly ridiculous, of course there would be more sympathy if the OP had hit a child.
Wltsm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At least it's a cat, if it was a human you'd feel ten times worse!!!
LaRma-lee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey OP, where did this happen? I'm hungry ....
jjbristol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
having nearly being killed after a ******* cat ran in front of me on a motorway i can assure you that the little **** deserves none of your sympathy whatsoever.

how's the car?
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peter North)
did it damage your car at all?
:rofl: :rofl: The important things first, right?

OP: Cats run out into the road and get crushed by traffic all of the time - it wasn't your fault, twas the cat's.

Remember, at the end of the day it was only a cat and not something better like a dog. Or a child.
sidewalkwhenshewalks
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and i liked it
sorry
sofee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
buy them a new cat?
a better cat...with wheels!!

if someone killed my cat i'd appreciate this
darkeneddreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is probably in the wrong place but it is the only place I know of where I can post as anonymous.

Last night on my way home from my friends house I ran over a cat in my car. I saw it too late and didn't get stopped in time. A group of boys saw the accident ran over to the cat and it was bouncing all over the road. I can't really remember what happened next but I think it wasn't dead yet so they boys put it out of its misery as it was in a prettty bad state. For what seemed like forever the boys ignored me and I just stood in the middle of the road crying. I had no battery on my phone so I couldn't phone my parents. The boys came over after a while and tried to comfort me, saying things like there was nothing you could have done, it could have been worse etc but it didn't make me feel any better.

I got in the car (I didn't want to but there was no other way of getting to my parents) and drove home. My mum heard me crying as soon as I walked in the door and came to see what was wrong. I told her then had a panic attack which lasted a very long time. She went to bed and I then binge ate which has scared me even more as I have suffered with eating disorders in the past.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and now all I can think about is what I've done. I feel like I should be at the police station telling them. I keep thinking was I driving too fast? was I not paying attention? did I emergency stop properly? I can't remember the answer to any of those questions, it's all a blur.

I feel like I don't want to drive again. This is the first accident I've had since I passed my test 9 months ago. I don't know what to do. All I can think about is that poor cat and the family that own it. I don't know what else to say. A cat is dead and it's my fault.
I hate it when friggerin animals run into the road, they can be so dangerous! It was an accident though, so don't be to upset! Maybe drive a little slower in residential areas so if anything does jump out you can stop easier..but in this case it probably happened so fast that you couldn't have done anything..so its the cats fault not your own.

Hugs xx
robbo3045
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have to remember that cats and most animals dont have the same intelligence as us, and so sometimes make mistakes crossing roads when they shouldnt. Often in these situations, the cat runs accross the road without looking, maybe running away from something and it just happens. There is nothing you could have done. You need to put it behind you.
FyreFight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Firstly, the group of boys shouldn't have killed it. When my cat was involved in an accident last year, he couldn't walk and wasn't even fit enough to scream - he went straight into shock. But we took him to a vets, he had surgery, was hooked up to a drip and now he's fine. The boys essentially took away any chance of life the owners may have wanted to give him.

Secondly, you shouldn't have just driven off. There could well be a family wondering where their cat has gone, only to discover its remains later. Had you thought to ask around local houses, they would've at least had instant closure.

You could've reacted better to the situation, but if everything happened as you said it did, then you can't be blamed for the accident itself.
Metropolis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well what if you got run over, and the cat was driving
darkeneddreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sofee)
buy them a new cat?
a better cat...with wheels!!

if someone killed my cat i'd appreciate this
Lmao hahaha, though preferably a cat with wheels and a set of brakes!
a.sheikh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
come on ! people in the world have bigger problems.... people in asia and africa are dying with hunger and thirst , people have no electricity are forced to see their young children starve to death...... their whole life... every second of it is miserable.... you just killed a cat ...A CAT... its just an animal and it was an accident so get over it
lidskoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Awww it was an accident don't beat yourself up about it.
Accidents happen.
Lampshade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In the old land rover defenders there is a gap behind the engine that cat's love to jump into and sleep in - nice and warm from the engine and all.

However, once the engine is turned on the fan starts going which blocks off the gap to get out - it goes so fast that the cat thinks that nothing is there... it tries to jump out.. and splat. One furry engine.

Moral of the story - don't own a LD defender if you like cats.
BeautifullyTragic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you should tell someone, I'm not sure who the best person to is, but maybe the police. You shouldn't get in trouble as there was nothing you could do, but it's best to as I'm sure the cat owners would like to know what happened.
Also get in your car asap: it's best to because otherwise it'll get a worse phobia over time.
LukeatForest
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A harmless animal that someone, somewhere, probably loved and cherished as a child, a.sheikh.

I'm not trying to make you feel guilty though, OP, it was an accident and there's nothing you could have done about it. You've shed your tears and your out-pouring of guilt proves to all that this didn't deserve to happen to you. Get on with your life and forget about it - animals die every day and whilst it would be better if they didn't, it's the cycle of life.
Carl-Uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel sorry for the owners of the cat, as I own a cat, the cat feels like apart of the family. As people mention cats are killed on a regular basis by cars and trains, I mean if you where to swerve out the way you would have risked your own life, which is not worth it. Just a simple accident.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads