Turn on thread page Beta

Trod on an insect....do you feel guilty? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Stepped on an insect...
    Oh yeh, Feel guilty!
    51.15%
    Huh, what? I couldn't care less.
    48.85%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    I trod on a snail barefoot once.

I was traumatised for a week.

Ew ew ew ew
    It must have been all gooey. Ew.

To answer the question, unfortunately I kill any insect I see as I am scared of them all. (creep crawlies).

(Original post by FlushTheSystem)
    Are you on of those people that feel guilty if you have stepped on an ant, or a ladybird. Or are you one of those people that couldn't care less?

For me it depends on my mood. If i'm in a 'peaceful-be-nice-to-earth mood' then I feel guilty. Other days, I don't think twice.

However, I wouldn't kill some poor insect/bug/spider etc on purpose.

EDIT: before I get anymore comments on my-new-found word 'trodded', I would like to reassure everyone that it has come to my attention the word doesn't exist. Therefore, sorry if I have offended you. I honestly didn't do it on purpose.
    why should I feel guilty they are in my way?

and I am doing my part in evolution ... getting rid of stupid insects

I hate stepping on crap though :mad:

(Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Ew ew ew ew
    It must have been all gooey. Ew.
    I can do you one better - in my kitchen about 2 months ago I stepped with all my weight barefoot onto a SLUG.

Its guts were oozing out and everything, I had to go and shower my foot. So gross.

ReputationRep:
    The bigger something is, the more I care so don't really care about killing mossies and midges that will bite me but a couple of weeks ago on holiday there was a gecko in the bath and I needed a shower so I tried to get it out but it ran away from me and went down the drain... and then I took a shower... felt quite guilty after that, geckos are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbandervish)
    choosing this exact moment to start playing head~butt the lamp shade)
    This reminds me of the time about five years ago when I had one of those big halogen uplighters in my room. A moth would fly in through the window; I'd raise my eyebrow, but leave it to its own business. It would eventually see the lamp, and start circling...

...then it would get to close. It would disappear. A short while later, a little line of smoke would waft upwards. "Aw, crap" I'd think, for inevitable about a minute or two later, the room would smell absolutely terribly of burning flesh.

Moth vanquished, but at a heavy price.

ReputationRep:
    I feel no compassion for insects, especially spiders.
    I do however feel really bad if I see a dead bird/hedgehog or w/e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    This reminds me of the time about five years ago when I had one of those big halogen uplighters in my room. A moth would fly in through the window; I'd raise my eyebrow, but leave it to its own business. It would eventually see the lamp, and start circling...

...then it would get to close. It would disappear. A short while later, a little line of smoke would waft upwards. "Aw, crap" I'd think, for inevitable about a minute or two later, the room would smell absolutely terribly of burning flesh.

Moth vanquished, but at a heavy price.
    The same has happened to me.
    I thought the smell was awful....made me feel so ill and I actually had to leave the room for a bit.

On topic: I hate insects, and will instinctively kill any that invade my personal space anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do. I spend all day afterwards thinking about what they were doing out, whether they were going to fetch some food for their family, little billy,tom and jessica, or whether they were someones son/daughter. And if it was a female what if she was pregnant!!How much bloody is on my hands?!?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of them people that still get out a magnifying glass and have some fun with insects on hot summer's days :p: So no, I don't care if I stand on one.

ReputationRep:
    If i notice that i killed something i apologise to the corpse. So yeh, i suppose that counts as feeling guilty.

ReputationRep:
    if they want to scuttle under where I'm walking that's their problem

ReputationRep:
    Trodded xD funniest thing I've read today.

And no.

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever tread on an insect purposely and if I do and notice, I do feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlushTheSystem)
    It's publicity; makes people click on the thread.
    *hope she buys it*
    It worked for me! Oh, and I think you can use "treaded" but only in the context of theatre, as in "he treaded the boards" rather than "he trod the boards".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MazalTov89)
    I trod on a snail barefoot once.

I was traumatised for a week.
    *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I can do you one better - in my kitchen about 2 months ago I stepped with all my weight barefoot onto a SLUG.

Its guts were oozing out and everything, I had to go and shower my foot. So gross.
    Can we start a support group? Did the head come off your one?

Yay for someone else with slugs in their house.

ReputationRep:
    I feel a sense of disgust since I walk around barefoot at home, so.. I feel like, ew.

Stood on a slug once, dunno how it managed to get into the kitchen but it was, and ERHGHGASHGAHGDAHGDH most disgusting feeling ever, AND YOU GOTTA CLEAN IT OFF!

If I see a insect like a spider, I put my dog to it. Dog plays with it, although she eats moths and daddly long legs if she can get them haha.

(Original post by jointhedots)
    Can we start a support group? Did the head come off your one?

Yay for someone else with slugs in their house.
    I don't think the head came off... I don't think it was even quite dead. Not straight away anyways - hard to tell with a slug really!

I only get them in my kitchen, they loves it for some reason.

I remember I scooped it up and threw it outside, and was going to pour salt onto it as punishment but because it was dark outside I couldn't actually see where it was lol ... I didn't think it through. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Guilty lol

No, it's not like the insect has
    a) any complex rational thought or
    b) any acquaintances/relatives/friends with the emotions to care about it or feel upset.

So no, I couldn't care less.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.