The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Svenssen
That Peaches Geldof chick got AAAB. Shes quite clever.

i dont know where you're getting your information from, but you're wrong.
US universities are reknowned for giving places to rich people because they are rich, this isn't news.

As for Prince William going to St Andrews, his grades were good enough to get him a place on his course (in fact I knew people with lower grades studying geography in his year), even if he wasn't the Prince of Wales' son. He didn't follow in his father's footsteps by using his position to get into a certain university. Also, for whomever said it, Prince Harry did not study at St Andrews, he went straight to Sandhurst after his A-levels.

I don't mind people criticising universities for letting in people who aren't of the required standard, but that was not the case with Prince William.
Eugh, Peaches Geldof. Self-appointed voice of Britain's teenagers that no one asked for, at all. She's so full of bull.

And OP, you have SATs confused with SAT IIs. You'd sit the SATs in much the same way you'd sit the UKCAT, BMAT, LNAT, HAT, ELAT, etc.
NYU is a reputable American uni, I'm sure they wouldn't let her in without good reason.

I haven't even read the news story, but maybe there's a little bit of press exaggeration going on?
Reply 44
Peaches got into New York the same way George Bush got into Harvard.
ElemenT'
Peaches got into New York the same way George Bush got into Harvard.

Yale it was. And he had the grades.
Reply 46
Ahh ok.

Is there any proof he had the grades? haha
Reply 47
atoms4peace
i dont know where you're getting your information from, but you're wrong.

I was joking. Im slightly concerned how quick you were to jump and correct me. I sense a bit of voeyerism going on. If u have an obsession with her YOU NEED TO PUT AND END TO IT NOW. ITS NOT TOO LATE. YOU CAN GET HELP.
ElemenT'
Ahh ok.

Is there any proof he had the grades? haha

Not really, but he went to a very prestigious public school beforehand so it's likely that he did. I remember reading that he did very well on his SATs too.

So it's still not entirely 'fair' because he had such a great start in life, but that happens the world over, even with non-famous people, so it's hard to criticise.
*Fool'sGold*
Isn't NYU in the Ivy League? Cos I heard that if you're rich enough, you can pretty much buy your way into the Ivy league anyway, and Peaches' daddy isn't exactly short on money.

No. NYU is not an Ivy. "I've heard that" is not a very good qualifier for a remark. :smile:
Reply 50
What is the equivalent university to NYU in this country?
{City17}
What is the equivalent university to NYU in this country?

Glasgow/Manchester id say
ScholarsInk
No. NYU is not an Ivy. "I've heard that" is not a very good qualifier for a remark. :smile:

Ohh it's Columbia isn't it, the one that's in NY and in the Ivy League, my bad!

Yeah but the Ivy League are private universities aren't they? If someone's father can donate money for a new library or something, wouldn't that gain them an easy entry?
didn't she marry an american..giving her american status?? I know someone who got into an american university with just a-levels anyway, BYU..
Reply 54
how old is Peaches Geldof? does she realise what the drinking age is on that side of the atlantic?
Erik.
how old is Peaches Geldof? does she realise what the drinking age is on that side of the atlantic?

Love the logic :biggrin: , I think she will just go out and get drunk even then..
Reply 56
Rizzletastic
Glasgow/Manchester id say

I think it's (comparitively) better than either of those actually.

In anycase- I fail to understand this universal condemnation of Peaches.

First- the claims many (all?) people have made are completely unsubstantiated, and seem more a product of jealousy than based on reality. Who knows if she did her SATs or not?

Second- who cares if she goes to NYU!? I say good luck to her. Does it really affect your life that much?
AdamTJ
I think it's (comparitively) better than either of those actually.

In anycase- I fail to understand this universal condemnation of Peaches.

First- the claims many (all?) people have made are completely unsubstantiated, and seem more a product of jealousy than based on reality. Who knows if she did her SATs or not?

Second- who cares if she goes to NYU!? I say good luck to her. Does it really affect your life that much?

yes, i will literally cease to exist the moment that Peaches steps foot on the NYU campus.

Latest

Trending

Trending