Public toilets urghhh... Watch

Toxic Tears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People actually sit on the toilet seat?! :eek: Think of how many bums, bacteria ared viruses are on there. :puke: I'm always paranoid around public toilets. I squat, cover my hands with tissue before touching the flush handle or the door handle.
Soylent Green
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone here try to cover up their *ahem* sounds? Or do you guys just let loose? Just asking since im going for a long drive soon and just wondering if theres any etiquette?
King4eva
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i try to avoid public toilets
happy-and-lost
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I sit down and use them like any other toilets. It's never hurt me or anyone I know.
Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by falls_whisper)
Went to China, wow... will never complain about public toilets in Britain again. At least they have tissue some of the time.

... and water
Haha yes, but over there but most men will relieve themselves in the street, sometimes at the other end aswell.

Restaurant toilets are better, wherever in the world you are.
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Always a nono for me, never , they are rancid and full o unhygenic people 75% of the time.
User192499
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, you can guarantee that when it's your turn next, the creature to emerge from the cubicle, snorting and scratching its sizeable rectum, will be the size of a walrus, have the face of an uruk-hai, and smell of a rhino's arse-smear after 18 packs of Duclolax, and will flash you a "friendly" smile as it sludges past to leave without washing its hands and give a good sniff of its finger for good measure.

Then the rest of the queue behind you perform a synchronised snigger routine and some clever smarmy sod will extend their arm like "your turn" and watch you tiptoe into the sulphuric pit of vileness otherwise known as the recently vacated cubicle, and face the agonising dilemma of whether to use the same seat as the last "person", or face pissing yourself in public after not using the lav.

Yet since 90% of the time they leave a parting gift of several pubes on the seat rim, the decision is an easy one.
Rennie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use them in most restaurants. I'll also use the ones in college if I need to.

There are some in the shopping centre here which were new and nice. They were always really crowded. However, now they're getting a bit gross. I don't use them anymore really. They're still clean at times but I saw something totally horrific in one the other day so I can't say much for them. I only used them that time because I'd just come from a long bus journey and had to take another long, bumpy bus ride and totally couldn't hold it.

I have used the toilets at Bath Spa station because they're not too bad. Other stations I would never dream of! Oh, except St Pancras (not too bad- and free which is rare) and Paddington. You have to pay at Paddington but they're not terrible.

Some places actually have toilet sanitisers in there so you can wipe them down before and after you've used them. I think this really should become more common!
Arka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Went to China, wow... will never complain about public toilets in Britain again. At least they have tissue some of the time.

... and water
How are you supposed to clean yourself without either tissue paper or water? :confused:
Buecherwurm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wtid)
I've spent a fair amount of time in good old Deutchland and they always seem pretty clean to me, except I've only ever seen fat middle aged Turkish women manning the desk where you have to pay, never any old women :p:

The ones in Kaufhof are usually good, and the ones in Hannover Hbf are nice and clean too!
Yes, I used the toilets in Hannover Hbf yesterday and they chared me 1,10Euro!!! They are clean, but just way too expensive! :mad:

Normally I try to avoid public toilets and if I really have to go I pick them carefully In some shops they are really good but still - I would never touch them.
I was traveling through National Parks in the US this year and it was so disgusting. Every time I opened the door to one of them I felt like throwing up. :woo: I would have run away but I couldnt hold in for several days in a row
Gaylei
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by -Em-)
Am I not the only one who daren't even rinse their hands at the sink of one for fear of acquiring more germs than I went in with, then?

Yay!

Also: In what I can only assume is a bizarre hangover from the halycon days of communism, all of the ones here in Deutschland seem to have a sweet old lady sitting waiting to take €0.50 from you in exchange for a glance which says "Don't you dare besmirch our facilities!". This makes them somewhat more bearable than their English counterparts.
in Scunthorpe you have to pay £0.20 and they are still not all that clean! however I once used a garage toilet on the woodhead pass with my dad! It was raining really heavey and we were both bursting so in we went! One toilet one urianal and a wet floor! It was also very dark and smelly, I squatted and then ran away far far away!:yep: It makes me feel sick just thinking about it!
Arka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There aren't any toilets in Harrods.Only 'luxury washrooms'.:p:
They have to put attendants in them to show you how to properly use the facilities.
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
....I go camping in france. An english public toilet could never be a patch on french public toilets.
Soylent Green
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What we need is public toilets like Japan's, clean, fun and plus they clean your ass for you! To give you guys an example of what im talking about heres a picture.
Rennie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arka)
There aren't any toilets in Harrods.Only 'luxury washrooms'.:p:
They have to put attendants in them to show you how to properly use the facilities.
I love the Harrods toilets. Although, there was no attendant in there when I went. No one was even checking that no one was stealing the money people leave!

I think the best bit about Harrods toilets is the free perfume and the nice moisturiser.

When I was in NY we had to use public toilets a lot. We used some in restaurants or in hotels. They weren't ever bad. They were all those ones that flush themselves. One girl had one flush when she was still going, poor thing. We missed it when we got back to England and had to flush our own toilets.
falls_whisper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Arka)
How are you supposed to clean yourself without either tissue paper or water? :confused:
I had to remember to bring tissues each time (which usually meant I had to go twice, having forgotten the first time :o: ).

Water... As it was so hot in China, carrying water was pretty common; so I just used that.
Arka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rennie)
I think the best bit about Harrods toilets is the free perfume and the nice moisturiser.
Yeah.I think I confused the soap with the moisturiser or the perfume.The attendant there "corrected" me.I was so mortified!:>.<:
I half expected Mohammad Al Fayed to burst into the toilets and drag me out ,by my balls,onto the street!
"Fugging low-life B$stard!!! Dare come into my fugging high-class joint,when he doesn't fugging know the difference between fugging soap and fugging moisturiser!"

When I was in NY we had to use public toilets a lot. We used some in restaurants or in hotels. They weren't ever bad. They were all those ones that flush themselves. One girl had one flush when she was still going, poor thing. We missed it when we got back to England and had to flush our own toilets.
I was in California recently,so I think I've met some of those.
The time between each flush is too brief,though! I found out that I'm a 2-3 flush man...

Water... As it was so hot in China, carrying water was pretty common; so I just used that.
Oh,do they use tissue or water in China?
In the Indian subcontinent and the Middle East they generally use water.
Right hand for eating.Left hand for you know what....:yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.85%
No (583)
72.15%

Watched Threads