Turn on thread page Beta

Chips with Chinese and other wrong food combinations watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    please! please, leave it to the northerners. there is no place in southern society for such a thing.
    There should be! :yep:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I read this thread earlier, and have been having cravings for a right dirty MSG filled chinese takeaway all day. Going to have to get one for my dinner now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    :coma:
    cheese and onion or ready salted are the best crisp sandwiches.
    you just sinned.

SALT & VINEGAR, maybe roast chicken!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonboym)
    you just sinned.

SALT & VINEGAR, maybe roast chicken!
    i don't like salt and vinegar crisps at all i'll have to try a roast chicken crisp sandwich though.

ReputationRep:
    chinese rice or noodles with chips is fine but i dont know about the gravy since the fries would become all soggy.... i have seen some people eat bread ( pita bread if you know what that is ) with rice.... oh boy wonder why some people have constipation problems!

ReputationRep:
    I had a Spinach burger once. Self catered university accomodation does scary things to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afc1886)
    A pot noodle sandwich? I wouldn't have thought that was even possible!
    Mmmmmmm now that is delicious.

As is chips and gravy.

And chips with chinese food.

God I'm hungry :p:

ReputationRep:
    mushy peas and gravy or vinegar eewwww

ReputationRep:
    Oooh they do snickers in batter in the chippy near uni - it's absolutely gooooooooooooorgeous

Mmm and crisp sandwiches...but not at the same time...that's just weird.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I hate snails fried in garlic with chips, but it's a delicacy from where i come from in France. Its revolting in my book, I'd NEVER eat that (snails, I mean) I mean they're so gross and slimy why would you want them with a lovely plateful of French fries?! :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow drops)
    :coma:
    cheese and onion or ready salted are the best crisp sandwiches.
    Mmm, ready salted.

I had a deep fried Mars bar a while ago...It was interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese chips are LOVELY. They cook them a special way so they taste so nice. The closest I've come to replicating the taste and texture with normal chips is by microwaving them twice in a row.

ReputationRep:
    I always have chips with my Chinese when I'm having sweet and sour chicken or lemon chicken.

I don't have much rice with it because that can be rather boring eating it on it's own.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Of course it's weird. People here are only saying it's not weird because they grew up being taught that that combination is normal. England is probably the only place where people eat Chinese food with chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jointhedots)
    Yeah, that's quite weird.

Chip butties aren't right either, maybe I just have an aversion to potatos, but really...Potato? In a sandwich?

At Leeds festival at the weekend my friends were eating Pot Noodle sandwiches
    Pot noodle sandwiches :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erik.)
    I dont think it wrong at all but I dont like the chips they sell at the chinese, I will go next door and get proper chippy chips.
    My local Chinese used to do considerably nicer (and indeed, cheaper) chips than the chip shop.

Unfortunately, the chippy still exists, and the Chinese has closed down.

ReputationRep:
    Chips with lasagne is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Fishfinger sandwiches -fish fingers have to have vinegar and tomato sauce on, mmmmm

My fish and chip shop is also a chinese takeaway so the chips are good and go well with stuff like fried rice. Yum!

ReputationRep:
    Is it odd that I had NEVER heard of eating chips with Chinese until I read this thread?

Sounds disturbing and nasty to me, sorry guys.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.