Is it worth getting a Facebook? Watch

Harry_Plonker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, its a waste of time, go out and get drunk instead.
jaz_jaz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know you can join groups e.g I joined the class of 08 for my school, so you can informed of reunions in like 20 years time!
Inside
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't get it. You're right; life is easier without it. I got rid of it and am now living a more fulfilled life
Music Is My Boyfriend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by subterfuge)
well you have to save some suprises :p:
And when you do find people you fancy when you get there, you can use facebook to check they're single and reasonably sane
Haha, yes my friend I intend to
Inside
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair though you can just get a mate (who has le fazbook) to give you the low down on your love interest. That's what I do. It is sponging a little, but so what!
Mr Nonsense
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
quite simply- yes!

facwbook is an immensely useful social tool but i agree with whoever said it can get quite depressing when you see some people who (from facebook) appear to have absoultely amazing social lives.... still worth it though
fps_cam
Report 10 years ago
ive been converted from myspace now
LA_0909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My boyfriend refused to get one, but when he started university he realised how much everyone else used it to arrange meet ups and keep in touch with old friends that he succumbed. I've been using it to meet people going to my uni beforehand, and although I met some of them on here, tonnes of people off FB have added me and I'm getting on really well with them. Its made the whole "gahhh I have to meet new people and attempt to make friends" far far less daunting!
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I tried to avoid it for the first few months of uni..until i realised my whole uni revolves around it
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nooooo you will fail your degree if you get it lol!! Only joking, but it is one of my main methods for procrastination.

I've met a few flatmates on faceboook and found out about Freshers events etc., so yeah, it would be worth getting one
floralpulp
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I however dislike how people can just click and read your entire conversation with someone (as long as they're friends with both of you). It's a little creepy. I AGREE!

When you are in Uni, you start to use MSN less and Facebook more because it's just easier to organise things via Facebook.
LovelyLau
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love Facebook. It does become rather addictive and always seems a bettter option when you have an assignment due in. lol.

But seriously, I'm so glad I have it. Just the fact that you can keep in touch with older friends and your newer friends wherever in the world they may be. And it's up to you how private your profile is. You can set it so that just your friends can see it.
ccharlyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The whole 'can read your conversation' problem is easily sorted if you message rather than wall someone. Thats what me and all my friends do, and the wall is reserved for random stuff that it doesnt matter if people read!
x
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed