Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Horrible

Life imprisonment i think. With study, to see her real motives/illness, to stop this happening again. (Although it's probably an isolated incident...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loz_fairy)
    Agreed. I didn't want to say this, but I'm sick of this whole 'oh my god, she must be so messed up in the head, lets get her help' attitude...she's not 'sick, she's just evil. Can you imagine if Hitler was around today? People would all be going 'oh he's just a little mentally unstable, don't worry we'll get someone to talk to him about his problems'

I don't believe in the death penalty though, its the easy way out. She should just be shoved into a cell for the rest of her life and just deal with what shes done

I agree with most of what you have written as I think death penalty is probably the kindest option. But a prison cell? Costs the taxpayers too much money :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Yes, that's what justice is all about. Emotions! Dammit, that's where the government is going wrong... let's let emotion (irrational thinking governed by mood, fyi) affect our judgements!

You do realise why courts exist, right?

Oh, and btw... has it occured to you that the sort of person who'd mircowave their own baby might not be completely sane? Should we just kill all mentally ill people?
    Then again she could be 100% sane which is why she wasn't found incompetent to stand trial.

ReputationRep:
    Should we just kill all mentally ill people?

That's a bit of a dramatic thing to say.
    You make it sound as if the legal system is evil... not the murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    That's so sad, what a horrible way to die, and only a baby too.
    And the mother will just be killed, instead of receiving the psychological help she so clearly needs.
    You make her sound as if shes the victim. She's not. She intentionally caused fatal harm to a baby. She wanted the child dead. She deserves punishment, not help.

ReputationRep:
    Thats horrible!

I don't think she deserves the death penalty though, she needs help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Then again she could be 100% sane which is why she wasn't found incompetent to stand trial.
    Yeah, but this is in America, where they elected a giggling moron as their president.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but this is in America, where they elected a giggling moron as their president.
    Nice answer, to a completely different point. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mya_Lou89)
    That's a bit of a dramatic thing to say.
    You make it sound as if the legal system is evil... not the murderer.
    Let's see... woman kills baby.

Legal system kills woman.

Who kills legal system? Who kills the person who killed the legal system?

ReputationRep:
    Sickening.

How can countries as developed as the USA still use the death penalty? :no:

ReputationRep:
    ;-;

lol at the second article though.

ReputationRep:

Legal system is agreed by the people as a tool of the people to enforce rules set by the people, so people as a whole punish woman in agreement with set rules.

ReputationRep:

Have you considered she may want to die? You phrase it too simply to do the situation justice... Maybe having her 'Put to rest' is better....

ReputationRep:
    This just makes me hate humans even more; death to us all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Nice answer, to a completely different point. :rolleyes:
    Alrighty then, let's put it a bit more simply. It's a corrupt country from which true justice has been missing for a long time (if it ever resided there). They'll find her sane if it suits their purposes.

Either way, sane or insane, she doesn't deserve to die, no one deserves that. Even Republicans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura26)
    What help would you give an individual who has behaved like this!? She took an innocent life! You make it sound like she deserves to live...
    But why did she take an innocent life? It sounds like she wasn't doing it because she's evil. If it is the case that she's insane, then what good does killing her do? (not that i believe in the death penalty anyway)

I know what she did was horrific, but an eye for an eye mentality is not going to help anyone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningMath)
    Horrible

Life imprisonment i think. With study, to see her real motives/illness, to stop this happening again. (Although it's probably an isolated incident...)
    I would like to take the perspective "She needs help not the death penalty" but I honestly do not believe that such help exists for people who have gone THIS far ('point of no return'). Same for serial killers/serial rapists. The world is simply better off without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    Legal system is agreed by the people as a tool of the people to enforce rules set by the people, so people as a whole punish woman in agreement with set rules.
    Not in civilised countries.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what justice is all about. Emotions! Dammit, that's where the government is going wrong... let's let emotion (irrational thinking governed by mood, fyi) affect our judgements!

You do realise why courts exist, right?

Oh, and btw... has it occured to you that the sort of person who'd mircowave their own baby might not be completely sane? Should we just kill all mentally ill people?
    If she was completely insane she wouldnt have been judged fit enough to stand trial. Some murderers arent mentally ill. Believe it or not, some people are just evil. Look at Ted Bundy. He raped, brutalised and murdered over a hundred women. He wasnt insane. He was an extremely talented, highly educated man who just wanted to kill. He was obsessed with murder, yet entirely competent in the brain department. Thats what made him even more frightening.

ReputationRep:

Ooooh, I love brainteasers :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.