Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im sure the cost of the TV will be covered quite easily by 23 of you chipping in, then send the guy who broke to buy the damn thing, drunken idiot!

ReputationRep:
    TBH if your landlord is nice enough to put in the TV in the first place, he will probably understand a genuine accident like this. Chances are he/you have contents insurance (he would be mad to put the TV there without it) and everything will be sorted. Although it often seems initially hard, honesty is often the best policy.

ReputationRep:
    Your landlord gave u a nice big tv? wow I didnt get anything. U should of looked after it better lol, joking. situation sucks tho, not sure what to suggest. good luck lol

ReputationRep:
    you do the crime you do the time take the money from his wii grabbing mits!

ReputationRep:
    He was a guest in your house and it was a genuine accident so you should all split the cost evenly with him, leaving him to pay it on his own would be harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GJK208)
    He was a guest in your house and it was a genuine accident so you should all split the cost evenly with him, leaving him to pay it on his own would be harsh.
    It's also harsh for others having to stump up the cash for his drunken act. However I would personally get him to pay half the cost, the other half split amongst the other 23 (which wouldn't be much)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    It's also harsh for others having to stump up the cash for his drunken act. However I would personally get him to pay half the cost, the other half split amongst the other 23 (which wouldn't be much)
    you say "His drunken act" like everyone else was sitting round drinking tea and he was just getting smashed on his own, they were all together getting drunk and it's just unfortunate that he made a mistake, and you could rationalise it that he should pay half but it would still be harsh, there is no-way you are going to get 23 people to split the cost, realisticly the people who live there just need to split it with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden)
    haha i did that actually when i dropped my tenor horn (musical instrument) and put the most massive dent in it and was gonna be £80 to fix. I just insured it (and all my other instruments) for a year for less than £30, waited a couple of months, and then claimed. No probs.
    But that also means that you couldn't play your horn for a couple of months.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should all just chip in and buy a new TV, you can get decent 40" HD TVs for about £400-500 these days.

ReputationRep:
    They've spoken to the landlord, do people not read anything except the original post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden)
    haha i did that actually when i dropped my tenor horn (musical instrument) and put the most massive dent in it and was gonna be £80 to fix. I just insured it (and all my other instruments) for a year for less than £30, waited a couple of months, and then claimed. No probs.
    Nice one talking about your insurance fraud on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    But that also means that you couldn't play your horn for a couple of months.
    it was still playable - just not very pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ywiss)
    Nice one talking about your insurance fraud on the internet.
    haha yeh good point

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.