Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: what would you do if a girl told she was pregnant with your baby? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio_Africanus)
    Oh right, so when the women needs support it's YOUR BABY to the man but when she is sitting comfortable it's all of a sudden MY BABY.
    maybe first read properly? all I said throughout all my posts is that both have an equal responsibility!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginnycake)
    maybe first read properly? all I said throughout all my posts is that both have an equal responsibility!!!
    I wasn't responding to all your posts just the one emphasizing it was the man's baby thereby negating all responsibility from the women who afterall has to carry and birth the child.

PS: I dont think the responsibility should be equal because a women can choose to have the baby or not; a man cannot, since this gives more power to the women I believe she should carry the majority of the responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scipio_Africanus)
    I wasn't responding to all your posts just the one emphasizing it was the man's baby thereby negating all responsibility from the women who afterall has to carry and birth the child.

PS: I dont think the responsibility should be equal because a women can choose to have the baby or not; a man cannot, since this gives more power to the women I believe she should carry the majority of the responsibility.
    I'd really like to hear what the women on this thread think about that. I know it's rather hard to argue this way without being called an idiot by some people, and I don't really support it, but still, that somehow is a valid point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would force her to have an abortion because my family would kill me.
    and what would you do, drag her there and hold her down:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginnycake)
    i find it absolutely disgusting how some of the guys here(credit to the ones who didnt!) can be so abusive and violent with their language when it comes to a topic like this.
    honestly, just imagine yourself in that kind of situation for ONE second?!
    if you are as much of a **** as you appear to be from what I've read on here,
    then surely the girl would feel even more terrified just at the thought of having YOUR baby!
    Fortunately, this thread is D&D, so hopefully the OP isn;t pregnant. So, as we're not in that situation, i don't see anything wrong with the jokes. It's like jokes about cancer or terrorism. Are they sick as well? Admittedly, "kick her down the stairs" just isn't funny, there's no originality, no wit. You can't just rely on the offensiveness of the joke to create humour.

If I got a girl pregnant I would probably suggest that she gave it up for adoption, I don't like the thought of abortion.

Edit: BLIMEY!! It IS H&R. My point still stands. You aren;t in the situtation, so its okay to joke about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y__)
    I'd really like to hear what the women on this thread think about that. I know it's rather hard to argue this way without being called an idiot by some people, and I don't really support it, but still, that somehow is a valid point.
    Do you think the man should have equal choice? The reason he doesn't isn't because of the child, it is because of the woman's body. An abortion isn't a walk in the park. In the end, it is important for the child that the man has equal responsibility. However, the man only has equal responsibility in terms of finance, which is fair enough because it is half his baby and if he's ready for sex then he's ready to deal with the consequence. If the woman decides to keep the baby then ultimately she DOES have the most responsibility in terms of looking after the baby; the man can eff off and do whatever she wants and it's much more HER freedom that is curtailed. This seems about right to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaanne)
    haha someone gave me neg rep for my comment, how ironic. They were also too coward to leave their name. Thanks
    Well it's one of two...

ReputationRep:
    I just posted this on the Girly Thread but am gonna do it again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjW4i...eature=related

TBH I would ask what she wants to do and do my best to help her out if she keeps it and support her if she doesnt.

ReputationRep:
    Right now, laugh at her for saying that to a virgin >_>

Future, when it's a possibility. God knows. Huddle up in a corner and cry, then at least try be a decent guy and be supporting either way, long or short term? I'd like to say I'd definetly do that, but people act very differently to what they'd expect when they're thrown into extreme situations like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)
    i'd talk to her and ask her what she thought she wanted to do.
    at NO point would I suggest abortion, because if she then decided to have it, the kid would somehow find out...

"hey, how you doing today?"
    "****** you prick, you wanted me dead!"

....... uncomfortable :rolleyes:
    I enjoyed this post a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I enjoyed this post a lot.
    Thankyou, I aim to please

ReputationRep:
    Think the credit must go to Chris Rock though...

ReputationRep:
    Can't even imagine what I would do.
    If it would have been a one night stand, it would be terrifying and I would freak out
    If it was my girlfriend, it would have been nearly as awful ,but still scary nevertheless. I would respect her descision, though imply that I would not be ready

ReputationRep:
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...lcon_Punch.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Getting a girl pregnant is one of my biggest fears. Seriously, it's unbelievably scary. I'd try and persuade my gf to abort, but knowing that she isn't too keen on that idea doesn't do much to qualm the fear....

ReputationRep:
    Do anything to make her have an abortion (without seriously damaging her). If she had it anyway, I'd visit her once every few months or so, but not more, as I'm moving away soon. If she had an abortion, I'd try and comfort her as much as I could.

ReputationRep:
    I would quickly go to Argos and buy a cot for the baby, and then go to Tesco and use all my tuition loan, on buying hundreds of nappys for the baby.

ps. I would not be so damm stupid to do it anyway

i asked my boyfriend this question and he said he would probably go cry in a corner

he also said he would support me but in no way is he ready for that to happen

(anon cause i dont want people i know on here knowing that we are having sex)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Do you think the man should have equal choice? The reason he doesn't isn't because of the child, it is because of the woman's body. An abortion isn't a walk in the park. In the end, it is important for the child that the man has equal responsibility. However, the man only has equal responsibility in terms of finance, which is fair enough because it is half his baby and if he's ready for sex then he's ready to deal with the consequence. If the woman decides to keep the baby then ultimately she DOES have the most responsibility in terms of looking after the baby; the man can eff off and do whatever she wants and it's much more HER freedom that is curtailed. This seems about right to me.
    If a women has an abortion very soon since she got pregnant, physical problems for her aren't that bad.

If a guy carries half the responsibility (which he does financially), he should have as much choice as the woman. As he only carries the financial responsibility, the woman should have a bit more choice (in the end, she can choose if she has it or not), but the guy should be able to say that he doesn't want anything to do with it, meaning he doesn't have to pay for it, but isn't allowed to contact the child and loses all rights for it.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the replies to the question really sicken me!. Come on guys , it takes two you know!.However, kudos to the guys that said they would support the girl in whatever she decided.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.