Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question. No. Next question?

(Original post by Psyk)
    I think a lot of people hide behind the excuse that "they're waiting for the right person" instead of accepting that the reason they haven't found the right person is because of their own flaws. But if Adriana Lima is a virgin, I'd believe that it's by choice
    As of March of this year, she still was, although that particular source is trying to cast doubt on it.
    And that is so harsh - are you saying that everyone who is seen as 'good looking' i.e. supermodels, decide to be that way by choice, but "a lot" of the remainder are just 'flawed'? Please :rolleyes: You don't have to have a pretty face to have a mind which is capable of making decisions between 'sleeping with someone' or 'not'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I think a lot of people hide behind the excuse that "they're waiting for the right person" instead of accepting that the reason they haven't found the right person is because of their own flaws
    I agree with this. :yep: My main reason for not sleeping with anyone is because of the way I feel about my body. If it wasn't for that, I'd be a lot more open to the idea of a relationship (and progression into a sexual one) BUT I also haven't met anyone yet that I would/could consider being in a relationship with. I have pretty high standards when it comes to guys, so my pickyness probably means that I'm limiting myself even further!

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I agree with this. :yep: My main reason for not sleeping with anyone is because of the way I feel about my body. If it wasn't for that, I'd be a lot more open to the idea of a relationship (and progression into a sexual one) BUT I also haven't met anyone yet that I would/could consider being in a relationship with. I have pretty high standards when it comes to guys, so my pickyness probably means that I'm limiting myself even further!
    How is selectivity a flaw though? Obviously you have your individual reasons, but I would be more inclined to believe (as well as my own experience) that people are like this because they are just more choosy with who they choose to sleep/have a relationship with - be it for the first time, or ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ad-Alta)
    How is selectivity a flaw though? Obviously you have your individual reasons, but I would be more inclined to believe (as well as my own experience) that people are like this because they are just more choosy with who they choose to sleep/have a relationship with - be it for the first time, or ever.

ofcourse it's a flaw, not in terms that it's something that damages you in anyway, just as a factor that limits you, i mean it's like someone telling you that 'there's more fish in the sea', and then you say 'yer but i only like cod and tuna' (don't blame me for the strange way of putting it) it does limit you.

On Topic Though, i lost my virginity at 16, and regret it, all because i pressured myself into it.

a few months later i found the girl of my dreams, and now i wish it had only been with her.

don't put yourself in a position to lose your v, when the person you should do could be right around the corner. only got one chance

ReputationRep:
    My body is the flaw. Not my choosiness.

The selectivity bit was a rhetorical open question, not particularly saying it was 'your' or anybody's flaw - as stated, I don't see it as one. Sorry if that wasn't clear; anyway, for my two cents, you're really pretty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosechild32c)
    ok, how old is too old to be a virgin?

I'm 17 and I haven't had sex, which I'm not too fussed about as surely it's my decision as to when I do it for the first time. But I can't help thinking that the longer I leave it, the more difficult it will be, because it just becomes this huge issue that you don't want to talk about and end up just leaving alone which is why some people are virgins at 40! And more people are having sex at a really young age, but is that because they want to or because they feel, like me, that they should just get it over and done with? I really don't know, and I know this has been a bit long and rambling but would really appreciate knowing what other people think.
    i was still a virgin when i was 20. dont worry bout being a virgin. It's not a BAD thing isn't it? Im sure your bf or future bf will be happier to know you're a virgin than a non

Some youngsters try to sleep with anyone just so that they could tell their friend they are not Virgin, but it's kinda stupid to think in that way dont you think?

ReputationRep:
    I see nothing wrong in your profile picture. It's not a full body shot but still.

Im 18 and male and I wouldn't be surprised if I was a virgin till Im 21-25ish. I just don't care about sex, it really isn't something that I think about. Men are meant to think about it every 50 seconds right? Well I probably think of it a couple of times a week. XD Ive been to doctor's about it and nothings physically wrong with me, must just have a naturally low libido.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the other poster you are really pretty. AND just like the song you have Marlene on the wall!

That's gonna be in my head all week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syafiquaaa)
    I believe Adriana Lima is still a virgin and she's 27.
    Really?!

Quote from wiki: "Lima told the magazine that she is a devoted Catholic who attends church every Sunday and is a virgin."

:eek:

"She is currently engaged to Serbian basketball player Marko Jarić of the NBA Memphis Grizzlies[36], with the wedding planned for June 2009. "

As lucky as that guy is, it must be the hardest thing in the world not to jump on her every night

ReputationRep:
    i am 21,boy,virgin.
    i am proud to say i have no STDs. i have found a beautiful and nice girl. (blueprint women)
    dont measure yourself by the number of guys/girls u have sex with or the times u have had sex. do what makes u happy.The real reason i hadnot had sex yet is i had not found the ONE for me.i respect myself and i will not have sex with someone lower. u got it. my current GF is a SHB10 and i am proud.
    finally...think

Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think. Dale Carnegie (1888 - 1955

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surreal)
    I see nothing wrong in your profile picture. It's not a full body shot but still.
    I'm 5'2 and a size 14... that's why it's not a full body shot :p:

ReputationRep:
    As of March of this year, she still was, although that particular source is trying to cast doubt on it.
    And that is so harsh - are you saying that everyone who is seen as 'good looking' i.e. supermodels, decide to be that way by choice, but "a lot" of the remainder are just 'flawed'? Please :rolleyes: You don't have to have a pretty face to have a mind which is capable of making decisions between 'sleeping with someone' or 'not'.
    Of course you can decide not to sleep with someone, whatever you look like. And I'm sure there are plenty of people who aren't particularly good looking but still get opportunities to have sex, yet decide not to take them. I'm saying that I think there are a significant number of people who say they are just waiting for the right person or whatever, but really they're just trying to justify the fact that they aren't good looking/not confident/shy/etc.

Even if you are quite selective with who you sleep with (and there's nothing wrong with that) and would only want to do it in a relationship, you might get to the point where you realise that most people your age have met "the right person". I think it's important to question why you haven't yet. Is it just luck, or is it because you haven't been getting out there and meeting new people?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and virginal.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait till you meet the right guy! It will happy soon enough
    But personally I am planning to do it when i'm 18+ lol howv if i'm still a virgin by 21 i would seriously be concerned about my (lack of) sex life!

ReputationRep:
    Okay seriously, who gave me neg rep for this thread?

I don't care about the fact that my rep has practically gone but it's kinda creepy, so yeah, who was it? And what was so wrong with me saying:

"No it is fine to still be a virgin at 17. You will find someone you love and who will make the wait well worth it" ??

Hmmmm:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People give neg rep for the weirdest things sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I think a lot of people hide behind the excuse that "they're waiting for the right person" instead of accepting that the reason they haven't found the right person is because of their own flaws. But if Adriana Lima is a virgin, I'd believe that it's by choice
    Damn so it looks like that 14 year old **** pushing a pram down the street whilst living on the dole made the right move after all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.