Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I watched it last night and I'm still upset when I think about it.

ReputationRep:
    I watched it! It's just one of those romance films I really love. But it's not like it's got the saddest plot ever - it's just so lovely, which is what makes me cry (if that makes sense).... Don't read the spoiler if you haven't seen the film:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I mean, they end up dying together in such a lovely way. I don't know if I'm crying through happiness or sadness. And also the fact that Allie still keeps going back to Noah every time, so it's not like she ever left him completely. They had their ups and downs - and I never fail to cry during the downs!

ReputationRep:
    I watched Black Hawk Down instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSB)
    I watched Black Hawk Down instead.
    Good choice.

ReputationRep:
    i missed it last night... another family gathering for fox sake always happens during movies

does anyone know if it'll repeat on film 4 anytime soon?...or e4 for that matter

i'm on a gap year and bored :p: and my lovefilm subscription shiz hasn't come through so i refuse to rent from anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    I love this film! May not be the greatest storyline of all time, but it's still great and I can't help but love it. And yes, I do cry. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    This film really confused me!
    Generally, i'm a sucker for films, and I ALWAYS cry, whether the ending is happy or sad!
    But last night... I was just confused, because I didn't know if it was happy or sad???
    So I was just sat there thinking... Should I be crying? But if i DO cry, I don't exactly know which one i'm crying about - the happiness or the sadness.
    Maybe I should just cry for the love:-)
    OH GOD.

ReputationRep:
    Just beautiful

ReputationRep:
    i saw this thread and thought it meant tonight, not yesterday i want to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely wonderful film, I missed it when it was on on C4, but watched it on DVD today, I really love this movie.

ReputationRep:
    :love:

"I want a white house, with blue shutters, and a porch that wraps all the way around"

The bits that makes me cry the most are when they break up the first time, and she's punching the car door, or where when they're old Noah is reading to Allie, and she comes back and remembers him, then they dance, and then she forgets him and he cries watching her get taken away And of course the kiss in the rain. Ohhh and when she is reading the letter in the car. (Although she drinks beer and then gets in the car and drives)

I think I cry with a mixture of sadness, happiness, jealousy and bitterness that it's not me!

ReputationRep:
    I watched it last night in halls with the girls. A lovely traditional love story with gorgeous cinematography and great chemistry between the actors playing Allie and Noah (both old and young)

I noticed that Captain Corelli's Mandolin was on after I finished watching The Notebook. But I was kind of disappointed with that anyway... the novel is one one of my favourites and personally I felt that the film did not do it justice at all... poor Carlo, my favourite character was so reduced in the film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by my[s)
    favorite[/s]things...]meh, the notebook looks worse.

and ive been to where corellis was filmed. it brings back pleasant holiday memories.
    I've been there too! It's gorgeous.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.