Turn on thread page Beta

I got my period! and didn't tell anyone yet... watch

ReputationRep:
    I was about 12/13 when I got mine. I really hated it!. Not had a proper one for 10 years thanks to 8 years of the injection and 2 years of having the implant . I wouldnt care if I never had one again either!!.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't have a sister and I don't know how it works the sister-sister pact, hey yeah I forgot, CONGRATULATIONS

Hope everything goeswell for your sister

ReputationRep:
    Its a very cool strange experience, welcome to Adulthood.

Wish ur sister all the best

(Original post by nadiah)
    YES! My mum was like "awww you're all grown up now!"
    and I was just like "I DON'T WANNA GROW UP!!"

I still hate periods :p:
    LMAO :laugh: I said exactly the same thing as well - I sat in the bath that day crying :bawl:, ''I don't wanna grow up'' . . LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123monster)
    just so excited and exploding so had to come here and tell...
    My sister has cancer and is in the hospital... my mother is with her and my father is out of town...
    I stole pads from my moms bathroom (the housekeeper wanted to know what I was doing on their suite but I just grinned...)
    anyways... the thing is that I'm scared my sis is going to be jeolous and she's going to be nervous that she didn't get it yet...
    This is the craziest I have ever heard anyone talking about their period :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    OP...

Did you say your mum would make you speak to the family therapist? Over your period?

Why?
    My mom's like that... whenever she's not sure about something she tells me to ask the therapist... doesn't help much either as she is WAY too 'politically correct'...

ReputationRep:
    Awww what a cutie.

I didn't tell my Mum for the first 6 months or so, I just found it so embarassing!
    Turns out she knew anyway!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I cried when I first got mine! lol Being happy and cheerful was the last thing on my mind, being in bed was the best place :yep: lol
    Yeah, I cried when I first got mine too! (Had just turned 12).

ReputationRep:
    My sister has cancer and is in the hospital... my mother is with her and my father is out of town...
    I stole pads from my moms bathroom (the housekeeper wanted to know what I was doing on their suite but I just grinned...)
    anyways... the thing is that I'm scared my sis is going to be jeolous and she's going to be nervous that she didn't get it yet...
    Aww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Did you consider she might actually be really happy and excited for you? And it might take her mind of things. But I don't know what your sister's like. That's how I'd react if it was my sister anyway. And I certainly wouldn't be jealous xP I was 12 when I first got mine and none of my friends had yet. When I told them, they just laughed at me.

Also if you end up telling her and she does get jealous, start explaining how extremely annoying it is to... bleed. To have to carry pads and tampons around everywhere you go all of the time (since it's sooo awesome and irregular at first) and how much it HURTS. Or in my case, it didn't hurt at all at first... it actually didn't-hurt so much I frequently woke up with my whole bed and everything soaked... But then again, then she might feel sorry for you ^^;

Anyhow what I actually wanted to say in the first place, is see it like this: you guys get to experience all the excitement and stuff of first getting your period twice! And now you might actually have tips for her and everything. Besides, cancer or no, it's very unlikely you'd have both gotten it at the same time.
    You're very sweet to consider it at all though ^_^ Good luck and I really hope your sister will be all better soon! And bleeding! xP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenobia)
    Did you consider she might actually be really happy and excited for you? And it might take her mind of things. But I don't know what your sister's like. That's how I'd react if it was my sister anyway. And I certainly wouldn't be jealous xP I was 12 when I first got mine and none of my friends had yet. When I told them, they just laughed at me.

Also if you end up telling her and she does get jealous, start explaining how extremely annoying it is to... bleed. To have to carry pads and tampons around everywhere you go all of the time (since it's sooo awesome and irregular at first) and how much it HURTS. Or in my case, it didn't hurt at all at first... it actually didn't-hurt so much I frequently woke up with my whole bed and everything soaked... But then again, then she might feel sorry for you ^^;

Anyhow what I actually wanted to say in the first place, is see it like this: you guys get to experience all the excitement and stuff of first getting your period twice! And now you might actually have tips for her and everything. Besides, cancer or no, it's very unlikely you'd have both gotten it at the same time.
    You're very sweet to consider it at all though ^_^ Good luck and I really hope your sister will be all better soon! And bleeding! xP
    I'm going to visit her in a few hours... and I guess I'll take it as it comes... see how she's feeling and stuff and decide from there.
    thanx...

ReputationRep:
    CONGRATS your officially a lady
    I remember when I started mine...on a sailing boat in the middle of a lake with a MALE instructor!
    I would tell your sister I'm sure she won't get jealous. I hope you don't get all the horrid cramp that I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Enjoy it now.. it gets old after a while.
    :ditto:

But you are a woman now!:woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ahhh, I understand your twin issues. It would make it so much easier if things like this happen at the same time (actually, that would probably be even weirder!) Don't worry about it too much. Even identical twins develop at different times so it was an inevitable situation anyway. Good luck with it and congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    OP honey when you get really bad cramps you wil not be jumping for joy

ReputationRep:
    Congrats?

I was reaaaallly upset when I got mine, at 15

'twas the end of childhood.

ReputationRep:
    why are you so happy? I'd much rather not have one until baby making time.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be quite happy if I never had another one tbh.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    By next month you'll hate it, trust me on that one!! hehe..

Ooo and can I ask everybody..Why do people say 'I got my period'.. and 'She didnt get it yet'? Like a period to me I guess is not a thing, I just say.. "Oh im on"...

ReputationRep:
    I think your incredibilly sweet for worrying, but I'm sure she'll be fine, she may be a bit disappointed but one of you had to get it first. Think of all the tips and things you can give her when it's her turn. I think she'd be more hurt if you didn't tell her. You would tell her if she didn't have cancer wouldn't you? Just treat her as normal, i would imagine thats what she wants right now.
    Best of luck with everything and I hope your sister gets well soon

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.