Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Milky*Way*)
    Sometime next week?

I'm being dragged out to ISIS tonight so I want something to look forward to lol
    LOL, have fun
    I'm away this weekend, maybe next Wednesday afternoon...unless any geeks also do sports...but I'm assuming that's unlikely:yep:...I'll send out some PMs with confirmed details so we don't get gate-crashed by random people

ReputationRep:
    If anyone would like to be my guest on the Business Booze Cruise instead of going to Isis let me know

£20/ticket but free booze all night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin-jesusfreak)
    LOL, have fun
    I'm away this weekend, maybe next Wednesday afternoon...unless any geeks also do sports...but I'm assuming that's unlikely:yep:...I'll send out some PMs with confirmed details so we don't get gate-crashed by random people
    Yeah - I'm away this weekend too. I do a geek "sport"...yoga. But that's in the evening. If we could make it late-ish afternoon that'd be great because medics are out on GP placements in the morning and it's gonna take me a while to get back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian_j)
    If anyone would like to be my guest on the Business Booze Cruise instead of going to Isis let me know

£20/ticket but free booze all night!
    Of all the people to invite, you seek out the geek thread... lol.

Where are you cruisin?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I dont think anyone else at nottingham ever looks in here

Cruising down the Trent, apparently - there used to be so much rubbish in there that you could simply walk down it but I hear they've taken the trolleys out, so the cruiser can err sail again :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lol I dont think anyone else at nottingham ever looks in here

Cruising down the Trent, apparently - there used to be so much rubbish in there that you could simply walk down it but I hear they've taken the trolleys out, so the cruiser can err sail again :cool:
    er... sounds nice :p:

ReputationRep:
    You know you're jealous.

ReputationRep:
    You know you're jealous.
    You're probably right... Isis isn't the best club in the world

ReputationRep:
    There is a chemsoc "Lets get ship-wrecked"...to be honest as a non-drinker I don't find the prospect of an evening on a boat with an open bar too appealing...and it's £20...I'm so not going to get through £20 in soft drinks in one evening...

ReputationRep:
    It usually has strippers in, which is obviously a redeeming factor, unless you're a girl in which case it probably isn't lol - but it's not brilliant...

By the way, shouldn't you change your sig? Unless I'm mistaken you're definitely at Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Martin, i forgot about the drinking thing - I'm personally not going to get through £20 of booze (though I will try) but I quite fancy getting out my room this week

ReputationRep:
    Martin, i forgot about the drinking thing - I'm personally not going to get through £20 of booze (though I will try) but I quite fancy getting out my room this week
    LOL. Good luck with that!
    I am planning to leave my room occasionally too...In fact I went for a rather pleasant bike ride this afternoon...and I'm out this evening...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    By the way, shouldn't you change your sig? Unless I'm mistaken you're definitely at Nottingham

Yeah, I realised that after I'd posted it...

Are you coming to our geek gathering? should be a hoot

Have fun getting your £20 worth! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don;t want to feel I'm intruding on your geekery but I do wear glasses and have been known to put effort into work

If you put me in the private PM loop I will see if I'm free nd may drop by if that's alright?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I'd watch out for Martin sending out details, I have a feeling you would all get the private messages telling you the right place and I'd get one telling me to meet at 123 Fake Street

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam-san)
    Am I Japanese?! I WISH T_T; I just study it in my spare time.. I'm a bit of a spazz about languages in general actually.

Yeah, we should meet up! Could be fun

And congrats on only going to one party! :p:
    Haha yeh I went through a bit of a phase with wishing I was Japanese I've got the anime and manga and songs to pretend to be if ever I wanted to - though all that stuff is roughly 10 years out of date but no average Englishman will know that hehe. I'm actually Chinese

Ooh a language whizz are you? - what languages do you speak, or are learning? Do you study languages?

Ooh a geeky gathering? - I'm all up for it! :yep: If you're making it the afternoon then I can't make Monday or Wednesday, as I have lectures in the afternoon for both days. Any other day is fine

Btw whoever's organising this - it might be an idea to form a group on Facebook, mostly so that people know what each other look like I remember the last time I tried to organise a TSR meet-up it was a failure because no one knew what each other looked like! Just a thought

If people are wanting a nice, chilled-out place to meet on campus, my dept is absolutely gorgeous. It's got huge soft couches everywhere with a glass wall on one side looking out over the lake and the park with the trent tower beyond. It's the Art History dept - check it out

ReputationRep:
    mahahaha, I'm so up for this geek gathering! Perhaps I'm not a geek in the conventional sense, but enough so to be hanging out on TSR... (and abbreviating it )

ReputationRep:
    On Wednesdays at Isis, the place isn't a strip-club. Just a normal club.

Also, I think the Business Booze Cruise might have teamed up with the Economics Booze Cruise this year. I went to the Economics one last year - it was actually really good - but only because of the open bar . So I don't think you'll have a great time if you don't drink. The ticket should also include entry to Oceana at the end IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khil)
    Haha yeh I went through a bit of a phase with wishing I was Japanese I've got the anime and manga and songs to pretend to be if ever I wanted to - though all that stuff is roughly 10 years out of date but no average Englishman will know that hehe. I'm actually Chinese

Ooh a language whizz are you? - what languages do you speak, or are learning? Do you study languages?

Ooh a geeky gathering? - I'm all up for it! :yep: If you're making it the afternoon then I can't make Monday or Wednesday, as I have lectures in the afternoon for both days. Any other day is fine

Btw whoever's organising this - it might be an idea to form a group on Facebook, mostly so that people know what each other look like I remember the last time I tried to organise a TSR meet-up it was a failure because no one knew what each other looked like! Just a thought

If people are wanting a nice, chilled-out place to meet on campus, my dept is absolutely gorgeous. It's got huge soft couches everywhere with a glass wall on one side looking out over the lake and the park with the trent tower beyond. It's the Art History dept - check it out
    Omg. What songs/anime/manga do you like!? I hope you've seen Full Metal Alchemist *dies* That anime is the BEST but so sad T_T, and as for bands, I'm into Dir en Grey (Omg I saw them live in London last year), Gazette, Miyavi, X-Japan, Antique Cafe, Psycho le Cemu, Malice Mizer (a bit) and probably some others I've forgotten xD; I also like Korean and Chinese music a bit, but I don't know a lot about that. OMG YOU'RE CHINESE... I WILL BE GLOMPING YOU. OMG. >_>;

Omg, perhaps not 'whizz' lmao, but I'm a language fanatic. Omg. Just about every language? No, really. I did French A-level, and an Advanced Extension Award in it .. So I'm okay at French. I also love Japanese. And language on my 'to-do' list, which I enjoy reading about but am not seriously learning at the mo include: German, Mandarin (你好吗?我叫Adam,你叫什么?你是中国人吗?), Polish (Don't ask), Korean, Latin, Greek (Only because a friend is interested in it.. Plus the roots in English are interesting).. Yeah I think that's it xD;

Yay, geeky gathering! =D I'll be there, and square.

Wow, your department sounds like the place to be at =D :woo:

ReputationRep:
    May I join in with your geek gathering? It sounds rather awesome.
    A Facebook group sounds a good idea too. Though it's likely I won't recognise anyone even if I see them on Facebook first... I'm terrible with faces.. -_-

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.