Turn on thread page Beta

Theory: R'ships only work out when the guy likes the girl more. True or False? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Heh...maybe the reason I'm flattered by clinginess is because I'm clingy myself? I've never actually known of a relationship where both people are really clingy though... I wonder what that'd be like.
    Well... one side effect of both parties being too clingy is neglecting your other friends. I'm sure you know someone who's in a relationship like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Well... one side effect of both parties being too clingy is neglecting your other friends. I'm sure you know someone who's in a relationship like that.
    I can't think of anyone who's in a relationship like that Actually, maybe my parents are lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Heh...maybe the reason I'm flattered by clinginess is because I'm clingy myself? I've never actually known of a relationship where both people are really clingy though... I wonder what that'd be like.
    That's probably why I find clingyness attractive too... I just think it would be quite something to be in a relationship where both people are just as obsessed as one another.
    It's a shame I'll probably never find out :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    That's probably why I find clingyness attractive too... I just think it would be quite something to be in a relationship where both people are just as obsessed as one another.
    It's a shame I'll probably never find out :rolleyes:
    Yeah, it's pathetically stupid that both genders don't denounce their obsessions straight off.

I'd just love to go up to a girl and go, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I'D TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD JUST TO SEE YOU SMILE", and then get her like 50000 roses, and one fake one, and tell her "I'LL LOVE YOU TILL THE LAST ONE DIES!!11"

It's a shame that seems a bit "full on" though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    Yeah, it's pathetically stupid that both genders don't denounce their obsessions straight off.

I'd just love to go up to a girl and go, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I'D TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD JUST TO SEE YOU SMILE", and then get her like 50000 roses, and one fake one, and tell her "I'LL LOVE YOU TILL THE LAST ONE DIES!!11"

It's a shame that seems a bit "full on" though.
    Oh I'd love that. Full on is good. Date me

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'd love that. Full on is good. Date me
    If only I could have an accurate depiction of the percentage of girls in the UK who like full on, romantic and lovey-dovey guys who would do anything for them, so I could figure out my probability of success with any one girl.

Not going to happen though. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Strangely, I have to completely agree on this one!

ReputationRep:
    If only I could have an accurate depiction of the percentage of girls in the UK who like full on, romantic and lovey-dovey guys who would do anything for them, so I could figure out my probability of success with any one girl.

Not going to happen though. :rolleyes:
    We should do a survey of the whole world, and kill off all the non-romantics :shifty:

That way everyone wins!

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in a relationship lol however I agree that when the guy likes the girl more they work better however it can lead to suspicisions cos of the guys insecurity

ReputationRep:
    We should do a survey of the whole world, and kill off all the non-romantics :shifty:

That way everyone wins!
    The world would be such a happier place. I imagine a utopia, much like the one depicted in the Simpsons when Mr Hutz imagines a world without lawyers.

I think if it has to be either way, i.e. the girl liking the guy more or the guy liking the girl more, it works better when it's the guy- like you said. At the moment I'm doing quite a bit of the running in the relationship (or rather I should be :p:), and while he's apparently really happy with the way things are going, it drives me mad half the time trying to work out what he wants or how he feels!

ReputationRep:
    false!

Not my opinion as I would to an extent agree with you but my friend hates it when guys get clingy or obviously like her more than she likes them.. (I know, she has real problems :rolleyes:)

Hers only seem to work if she likes them more..

It depends on the peopl really..

Surely relationships work when both the girl and the guy like each other equally?

ReputationRep:
    The world would be such a happier place. I imagine a utopia, much like the one depicted in the Simpsons when Mr Hutz imagines a world without lawyers.
    Yeah, it would be a utopia for a short while, then everyone would become all entangled and the world would go to pot :p:
    We'd all be too obsessed with each other to bother with anything else!

ReputationRep:
    I've never been in a relationship, but all my observations suggest you may just be right.

This upsets me greatly. I'm crazy about a boy right now and it's obvious I am, but if there's any chance that he likes me, he must only like me a little bit because I can't even tell. So it's never going to work out between us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    I've never been in a relationship, but all my observations suggest you may just be right.

This upsets me greatly. I'm crazy about a boy right now and it's obvious I am, but if there's any chance that he likes me, he must only like me a little bit because I can't even tell. So it's never going to work out between us.
    I'm having this exact same problem! Grr - boys!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think that's true to a degree. It depends on the female in question though, as I know if a guy liked me more it could put me off because I like a bit of a chase and I do enjoy having my own space. However if the guy wasn't clingy and just liked me more then I guess it'd be alright, it's just the clingy ones that ruin things..

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ.

I reckon its the complete opposite.

If the guy really likes the girl, and devotes himself to her & would do anything etc; then the girl gets bored and cheats on him or breaks up with him. Simple.

If the guy is still nice, but plays it fairly cool, doesn't spend every moment of his life with said girl; ie, not devoted and obsessively in 'love' with her - then the girl will stay interested for longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    disagree? :confused: Isn't that a perfect illustration of what the OP suggested?
    Do you think I'm a guy ?
    He liked me more; it certainly did not work out.

Yes your relationship ended but everything's relative.
    You could say that about ANY relationship if you don't know the background . . .

x

ReputationRep:
    Relationships only work when people like each other equally. If one person isn't into it as much then they're more likely to think they can find someone better. This correlates well with attractiveness.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP, that's quite true. When a guy likes a girl more it will probably work out more. Not extremely more to a psychotic extent lol but just a bit more. In a relationship theres always one who likes the other more and its pretty clear..so those of you who said you have like each other equally I don't think that's really possible...maybe in a perfect world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.