Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tokyorose888)
    credit curnch ive heard some people were successful for jobs but werent taken on because of store budgets
    Yeah my old boss was saying to my mum, that where he works, theyve been told not to take any staff on till mid november, last year i was temping there and started in early september!

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of places are taking people on as xmas temps so apply everywhere you can possibly think of now. I guarantee you'll hear something back, eventually.

ReputationRep:
    looks like everyone is in a muddle

hmm; ok i've got this one place i would love to work in, choccie shop, I applied - gave in CV and covering letter, about...say 2 weeks ago? the advertisement is still up on the window, and they havent called me, should I maybe pop in and ask ? or wait...

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to find a job, make ur CV as appealing as possible, put all ur wrk/volountry wrk, interests, and try to personalise ur CV to the places ur applying to because if u hand in a CV that ur sayin im interested in office work to a retail shop, they will throw it straight away. Covering letters also helps, looks more professional. Also the way you approch the people in the shop, look smart, outgoing, polite, etc. Applying online isnt always the best, you rarley get a response, marks and spencer and sainsburys are really good for online applications. If you want someone to look at your CV make it better, there are businesses that do this, im not sure how much they are tho. Well I hope this helps you, and good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have sent off about 15 applications for various positions. Pissing me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson8)
    I work at mcdonalds, good pay (£4.50 an hour) And the work isnt that hard
    lol that isn't good pay, ive started a job in a shop 3 weeks ago and get paid £5.50 an hour and my bro who works at asda gets £6.90 an hour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry Kisses)
    I have sent off about 15 applications for various positions. Pissing me off
    Same, esp when you hand them in with cover letter personally , good luck

ReputationRep:
    Dont give up!!
    It took me ages to find a job, but then eventually I found one.
    Keep trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimi)
    Same, esp when you hand them in with cover letter personally , good luck
    its worse when you right loads of cover letters which are catered to the stores you are applying to, and spending agesssssssss on it, and hearing very little!! Ive had 3 interviews, no job wtf is wrong with me lol

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.