The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DisgruntledMoth
... I wish everyone would stop saying I make them feel sad. :p:

Lol sorry :o: :p:
I hope your a happy person though and enjoy your life :smile:
Reply 41
Bugzy
I've been working since I was 13 and haven't had a payout from my parents since!

Gay rent boy amirite?
Reply 42
I was made unemployed about a month ago, and have been trying hard to get a job. Got an interview today!

I don't ask for money unless I have actually no money whatsoever and actually need it.
Since I've been unemployed they've have given my a bit here and there and I feel bad.
Yes I'd feel like a loser if I got pocket money! Most of my friends at uni who are 20/21 get a weekly or monthly payment from their parents, which I think is stupid, they are adults who should get a job and pay their own way. When is their pocket money going to stop? They are 21 now, so fully fledged adults, will it stop when they are 30? 40? Its embarrasing.
Reply 44
I don't have a job currently. Quit my last job back in January (crap hours, crap pay). Have since tried to get another job but have been unsuccessful: I've noticed a lot of places I've applied to go on to employ younger people (14/15/16) instead of me as an 18 year old- cheaper for them. I'm now not able to find a job which I could fit into as I have commitments Saturday mornings/Saturday nights and Sunday mornings and quite a few weeknights as well, so I doubt anyone would want to employ me anyway. I qualify for EMA so rarely ask my parents for money. They also have enough to deal with, with my teenage sister looking for money all the time. I do babysitting occasionally- it's money at least and it's something I enjoy.

Ok, that's my story over :p:
I don't have a job. But I do chores at home so my pocket money's from that.
Reply 46
My parents give me a set amount each month (£20 pocket money, £40 petrol money,) and I never spend more than that. Occasionally I ask to have it early, but I never ask for more. I feel bad enough getting that.
Reply 47
Mastermind`
Student Loan Direct is my favourite company in the whole wide world.

until 3 years time!!
Reply 48
i'm 16, and don't have a job. not through lack of tryin or anythin, god i hate it lmao.
i hate havin to ask for money, but they dont half remind me about it everytime i do aha.
Reply 49
SuicideCommando
Haha. I had a job until 2 weeks ago, and also EMA.

My Mother's disabled and my Father is in a mental hospital, so me and my brother have to pay bills as well...

I really Admire that.:top:

Latest

Trending

Trending