Turn on thread page Beta

Getting ID'd watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It actually normally amuses me. I only occasionally get ID'd but for some reason, when I do, it's ALWAYS by someone who is clearly younger than me. They always look really smug about it - until I produce my ID.

ReputationRep:
    Nar i don't mind.
    It was annoying though when as soon as i turned 18 places suddenly stopped ID'ing me. Eventually, i made the guy in Tesco's ID me
    I always take my ID out with me though so it's not a problem if they do ID me, I expect on a night out i would be ID'd. Most don't check mine they just see i have one out and they wave me past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    Im 18 and had to flash my driving licence, but they properly studied it. I was like :eek: you have to be at least 17 to get a provisional, theres a fully fledged licence there.
    Normally I get ID'd when I go to the clubs though Oceana didn't the last time.
    They should still check your driving license because I passed my test in 6 months from my 17th. That meant I could have been in for another whole 6 months!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get ID'd at pubs or bars, mainly because most of the ones we go to they remember us, we aren't locals or anything but the places we go we have been to before quite a few times, unless I am actually getting older and looking older too lol. There is the odd time though I get ID'd.

Last time was a bit embarrassing though, it wasn't to do with alcohol but it was when I was in Vinyl Exchange buying Shaun of the Dead.

I usually just think oh well and show them my ID, not that much of a deal. One time though they wouldn't accept my ID, they said it was fake, that really annoyed me because I was meeting my mates in there and I had to text them and tell them I couldn't get in even though I was 19 at the time and my ID was real. So they sucked! Two bouncers looked at it too, I think they were just bored and wanted someone to kick off at them so I just kinda smiled said "no worries" and walked off, my mates left and I met them near the door and I think we said "shall we go somewhere else then, somewhere in town?" So we walked off, I think the bouncers felt a bit stupid then when they realised that there was actually more of us and they all left the place because they wouldn't let me in.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate it when I was under age :P

But I'm 18 and look about 14, so kinda expect it, don't really mind.

ReputationRep:
    i always get i.d'd...i don't like it even though i am old enough...
    i'm just normally the only one who gets i.d'd so i dunno...i get a bit embarrased
    the other day i went for a drink with a guy and we were standing at the bar when he was getting our drinks and the barman was like "and is that for the young lady here? have you got any id?" he was annoyingly patronising

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me a little. I'm 24 and look younger (most people pin me at looking about 20/21), and I still get ID'd the odd time. I've also got a bad habit of forgetting to bring ID when I go out. I went through a couple of years where I didn't get ID'd much, but just this year bouncers have started asking again.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me at all. I'm old enough, I look old enough, I have ID - why should I worry?

If the person IDing me is being an ass about it, I just enjoy giving them a sweet smile. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me. They're only doing their jobs. ALthough once when I was 21 I went clubbing but had forgotten my ID. The bouncers asked for it and when I said I didn't have it they just asked for my date of birth and then let me in, which seemed a bit pointless lol.

ReputationRep:
    I hate these stupid "If you look under 21/25" policies. If you look under 21 theres a good chance you are ACTUALLY ABOVE 18. Grrrr.

Besides, why isn't it discrimination for shop workers to judge you based on appearance alone? So an old looking 16 year old is fine, but a young looking 20 year old, hell no!

ReputationRep:
    I expect to be ID'd, I look about 16 (which sucks, but I'm told I'll be grateful when I'm older), so I really don't mind, bouncers and shop assistants are just doing their job properly if they ID me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25 in a few months and still get IDed regularly, though not every time I'm out.
    I think it's because most of the people I go out with are under 21 so they're just like "ID everyone".

My local booze shop seems to recognise me now however as I buy the same bottle of Vodka once a week.
    I didn't even have to tell the guy what I wanted last time, he was off to get it when I got to the counter. >.<
    But he used to ID me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I assume I'm going to be ID'd for the rest of my life, once I actually hit 18. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJ555)
    I hate these stupid "If you look under 21/25" policies. If you look under 21 theres a good chance you are ACTUALLY ABOVE 18. Grrrr.

Besides, why isn't it discrimination for shop workers to judge you based on appearance alone? So an old looking 16 year old is fine, but a young looking 20 year old, hell no!
    There's a good chance you are actually above 18. This means that there is a chance that you are under 18. If the shop/club are caught serving alcohol to minors, it could mean a fine to the tune of a couple of thousand pounds and even a criminal offence to the owner of the establishment, not to mention it could mean the loss of a license to serve alcohol. This is why so many places are so strict on IDs.

I don't want to get old, so everytime they ask for ID it means I am young and have my youth but I am also look young :p:

ReputationRep:
    I tend to just get ID out ready for when they ask. I often get ID'd for alcohol or getting into a pub/club.

ReputationRep:
    I got IDed trying to buy a pack of cheap kitchen knives last year, ridiculous. It's not like any chav couldn't find much better ones in their own home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dead6re)
    Normally I get ID'd when I go to the clubs though Oceana didn't the last time.
    They should still check your driving license because I passed my test in 6 months from my 17th. That meant I could have been in for another whole 6 months!
    That doesn't make sense. You could have been in a year before you were 18 if they didnt check your license closely enough. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i don't mind getting ID'ed over 18 any way, i don't get ID'ed much of late

ReputationRep:
    I used to mind, couldnt care less now as long as i get served.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.