Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I still play Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Mario 64, Mortal Kombat, Pokemon Stadium and Zelda on my N64 so I don't really miss them so much :p:
    I miss old school Playstation 1 games though, as my PS1 broke

ReputationRep:
    The original Rainbow 6. Doesn't work on Windows XP. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    The first Gran turismo, quality game!

ReputationRep:
    I recently found Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox360's arcade section on live. I hadn't played that since 199x. I find it terrifying compared to modern games, maybe because I was so young when I first played it.

ReputationRep:
    Crystal Castles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezM)
    Crash Bandicoot?
    Crash Bandicoot is an alien??

Nah, I found it

ReputationRep:
    Tetris . lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForMyOwnGain)
    I recently found Duke Nukem 3D on Xbox360's arcade section on live. I hadn't played that since 199x. I find it terrifying compared to modern games, maybe because I was so young when I first played it.
    Ditto so much.

Scares me just as much now on the 360 as it did back on the Saturn. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good to see the N64 getting some love. I miss Perfect Dark, and Beetle Adventure Racing.

I really need some non-Wii obsessed friends so I can start the good times rolling again, they're really skimping on the offline multiplayer these days...

ReputationRep:
    duck hunt, light gun games in general, something like time crisis, nintendo wii is just not the same!

ReputationRep:
    sega megadrive: sonic the hedgehog

ReputationRep:
    Street Fighter, Super Mario Kart (SNES)

Sonic The Hedgehog (Game Gear)

Tetris, Super Mario Land, Micromachines, Donkey Kong, Lemmings, The Legend Of Zelda (Game Boy)

Spyro The Dragon, Crash Bandicoot 3, Fifa World Cup '98, Fifa World Cup '02, Burnout (Playstation/Playstation 2)

The Sims, Grand Theft Auto (PC)

Aww, the nostalgia! I remember the days when I used to get Playstation magazine and they used to give you free demo CDs...there was one with Tekken 3, and one with this awesome pig game, can't remember what it was called...aww I wanna go play old video games now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezM)
    BattleToads co-op on snes, Halo xbox co-op, Rayman ps1, Mario Kart n64, prince of persia pc original
    battletoads was so hard!

ReputationRep:
    Alex the Kid on the Master System. Awesome

ReputationRep:
    Commander Keen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Jetpac, The Dizzy Series, Spiderman, Block Dizzy, Game Over, Some RANDOM magic Carpet game (cant remember the name sadly) - ZX Spectrum - me and my bro used to play on my dads old Speccy

Then theres stuff like the 2D rayman on ps1 which i think i have somewhere.
    Medal of Honour Underground, with the beasty Sten SMG and awesome Petrol bombs. Rascal on ps1,don't know i anyone remembers that one. And Music! Which was awesome for the ps1, where you could make your own videos and stuff.
    You have very similar taste to me since Im a huge Codemasters and Spectrum fan and love the early PS1 games, I remember Rascal but didnt own it I think I had the demo was about a blonde kid if I remember.

Speccy emus are weird since the resolution is so high plus Im not sure how to set it to normal tape loading speed and not load a game in a second.

ReputationRep:
    Mario Kart 64 and...
    That game on SEGa where it scrolled along the screen and you could bring missile strikes at the end for the boss. That was sweet.

ReputationRep:
    Super Mario on Gameboy Advance.

ReputationRep:
    We had loads of demo games - back when you'd get about 10 levels of Doom!

OK, so here's my list of treasures:
    • Commander Keen (#4 was the best)
    • Skyroads (got really hard on certain 'planets')
    • Day of the Tentacle (I can probably quote the whole thing)
    • Beneath a Steel Sky (similar gameplay to the above)
    • Jill of the Jungle (classic platform)
    • Paperboy (I was crap, but I was only about 4...)
    • Doom (no comment needed, except I still know all the cheats!)
    • Wolfenstein 3D (pre-doom CLASSIC)
    • GTA (when it first came out, Yr5 in primary school... scandalous!)
    • Jazz Jackrabbit (as said by another poster)
    • Duke Nukem (1 - 3)
    • Road Rash (a mate had it on the Panasonic 3DO - I've never met anyone else who's heard of it, let alone owned one)

We had some classic "games" at school - one where you were an archaeologist in Egypt, digging for relics (one that stands out is an 'alabaster cat') and if you found anything you were transported back thousands of years. We also had one that was the Greek olympics - you'd hammer on the Z and X keys to run then hit SPACE to throw the javelin. Ah crazy days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    sega megadrive: sonic the hedgehog
    I still have my sega - full working and I can play this wherever as a result. Never finished it though.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.