Turn on thread page Beta

Songs you listen to when you're sad watch

ReputationRep:
    VAST - Flames.

Very sad song.

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Pink or Madonna- "Just Like a Prayer".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu-Lexi)
    The Cheeky Girls
    lol something about cheesy eurotrash to lift those spirits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky Nitro)
    And The_Noxious_One, Radiohead are great, I listen to them when happy or sad, I think I just generally like sad stuff because I prefer softer/acousticy stuff and it's more usual for the sad stuff to be softer or acoustic.
    Totally. :yep: As mush as I adore Radiohead, I can't bring myself to listen to them when I'm sad. Listening to them on a rainy day after a bad break-up makes one suicidal. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbocheese)
    Songs you listen to when your sad-
    Build me up buttercup!

I know the guy who sand that originally. He's my neighbour's ex boyfriend lol. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Dry Your Eyes Mate - The Streets is always a gooden.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd.

the guitary-ness in the longer version is just awesome.. cant help but air guitar everytime lol

ReputationRep:
    Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla

ReputationRep:
    Viva la Vida - Coldplay
    Sleep - the Dandy Warhols
    Whistle for the Choir - the Fratellis
    a lot of the Beatles, some Air

ReputationRep:
    Motown...anything by supremes and the like

ReputationRep:
    Recently it's been The Smiths - I Know It's Over.

ReputationRep:
    I Don't Like Mondays
    Flagpole Sitta
    Teenage Dirtbag

ReputationRep:
    I normally listen to songs that relate to why I am sad. When my parents got divorced I listened to Maria Mena: My Lullaby and when I am sad about general things I listen to Nerina Pallot: Everybody's gone to war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Noxious_One)
    Totally. :yep: As mush as I adore Radiohead, I can't bring myself to listen to them when I'm sad. Listening to them on a rainy day after a bad break-up makes one suicidal. :p:
    I know that feeling! I'm not a Radiohead fan (though 'Creep' and 'No Surprises' - especially the piano version - are deffo on my 'sad' playlist) but I have those songs that I just can't listen to some days because they'd make me burst into an uncontrollable sobbing fit!

ReputationRep:
    starts with johnny cash - hurt, and then some RING OF FIRE to lift the spirits , u know it makes sense..

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.