Spots Spots and more blinkin Spots. . . Watch

DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by she)
It could be. I get more spots when I use conditioner. Maybe keep your hair up? I don't keep my hair up because I'm so ugly with my hair up, it's not an option. My face is just :eek:
Yea I have my hair up, although the last week I did wear it down as I got fed up with it up in a claw clip. But its been up since the weekend again though and shall stay that way.

So, so far, I know wearing my hair down and stress gives me spots. I eat and drink well and I exercise regularly . . .but what is the main cause - is baffling me. :confused: . . .
InvertedSaucepan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How's your sleep? When I go through a bad patch, I often find my complexion suffers for it.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by domtooze)
How's your sleep? When I go through a bad patch, I often find my complexion suffers for it.
I go to bed at stupid o clock! . . .right now I should be in bed, after getting about 5hrs sleep if that, last night! Have to be up @ 8 to go to court (it's part of my essay) and sit and listen to cases. And then be at uni for 2.15 for lecture . .:o:

Oooo maybe it is my sleep patterns? . . .the past week and abit I was rushing, stressing to get 3essays written. Spent hours upon hours on the laptop researching and reading from books . . .:dontknow:, maybe that is another factor, sleep? . . .
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by domtooze)
second brilliant "suggestion" from you (" because it's not a suggestion, but obviously if she says bad you'll say get better sleep).
And thus, another one which I second.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
So if you're not going to use products (your words, not mine) what were you thinking of using fresh air???

And I wasn't for one minute suggesting you try anything of a 'paint stripping' ilk - after all, this seems to be the problem you've created, by using products that are too harsh for your skin type.

All I'm saying is that there are milder, more gentle approaches to skin care than Clinique - you don't have to go 'natural'-crazy or anything, it's just about trying all sorts until you've found one that you click with.
It seems to be that all you see is the 'clearasil' or 'natural' - when in fact, there a whole lot in between the two. It really is a case of trial and error. But if you don't try other products (and again, I'm NOT talking about fecking Clearasil!!) how will you know what works and what doesn't?
Natural ingredients . . .ie home made face masks and etc, that sorta thing is what I meant - unless that is not good enough? . . :confused:

I respect that you know a lot about skin care and etc, which im not slamming you for. I think we have established that pears soap and clinique are a no no, which I no longer use, as of yesterday (which I did mention about twice before).

All I am saying is that I don't want to use products which are mass produced, I want to use homemade things to see if that makes a difference, that is all.
Jak_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
See a Dermatologist
she
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe you touch your face a lot.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's the sleep thing, you not getting enough, it's worth upping your sleep before seeing a dermatologist.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by Jak_)
See a Dermatologist
(Original post by there's too much love)
I think it's the sleep thing, you not getting enough, it's worth upping your sleep before seeing a dermatologist.
6months waiting list where I live. . .
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Ok, I really did think that @ the age of 22, I had seen the worse of teenage spots, however for some reason they seem to be bothering me no end . At one point my face was spot free, not one scar, blemish or anything, now one side of my face is loaded with spot scars and the other is clear . These spots that im getting are also pretty sore too and im running out of ideas what to do.:confused:

Im drinking plenty of water, I wash my face 2x a day (I alternate between my Clinique soap in morning and my Pears soap at night followed by moisturising with the Clinique cream). When I get the big juicy spots (sowee to be graphic), I squeeze them, dab TCP on them, following morning they have gone/dried out.

Just wondering - what products can I try that has been good to anyone on here? . . (and please do not suggest Clearisal and all that teenage gimmick rubbish - tried them when I was a teenager and they literally stripped my face, red raw - so im not going down the paint stripper route!

Thanks in advance for any useful handy tips.
I am 22 years old and, until now, have never had any spots, except for an occasional and rare little one on my face...I bought Clinique and used it for a bit, where my skin have turned horrible!Since the summer I have been having awful breakouts, sore spots and many little tiny ones all around my face...starts looking more like acne to me now!I am going to visit a doctor, as so far I have tried absolutely everything, to make it go away...it doesnt...and gets worse and worse every day...i used to have flawless skin and this is killing me...Prior to Clinique I used Guinot and havent had any problems...Due to it being quite expensive though I experimented and used Clinique-this is what I am left with now...If it was up to me I would get that bloody thing off the market and sue the people who make it!!!!!!Steer clear of Clinique girls-IT IS AWFUL AND WILL HARM YOUR SKIN!
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try cutting out dairy from your diet, worked for meee.

Lush to me is overpriced rubbish. I use dove face wash for normal-oily skin but I'm not sure if it's available in the UK. I also use the boots cucumber face scrub abd nivea oil free moistureising fluid. What pill are you on? Dianette and Yasmin are the best for the skin as far as I knoww.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
I am 22 years old and, until now, have never had any spots, except for an occasional and rare little one on my face...I bought Clinique and used it for a bit, where my skin have turned horrible!Since the summer I have been having awful breakouts, sore spots and many little tiny ones all around my face...starts looking more like acne to me now!I am going to visit a doctor, as so far I have tried absolutely everything, to make it go away...it doesnt...and gets worse and worse every day...i used to have flawless skin and this is killing me...Prior to Clinique I used Guinot and havent had any problems...Due to it being quite expensive though I experimented and used Clinique-this is what I am left with now...If it was up to me I would get that bloody thing off the market and sue the people who make it!!!!!!Steer clear of Clinique girls-IT IS AWFUL AND WILL HARM YOUR SKIN!

hahahahaha, yes, the op knows not to use it

and 6 months (to the other post), well, if by then your sleeping isn't sorted out:p:
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)

Lush to me is overpriced rubbish. I use dove face wash for normal-oily skin but I'm not sure if it's available in the UK. I also use the boots cucumber face scrub abd nivea oil free moistureising fluid. What pill are you on? Dianette and Yasmin are the best for the skin as far as I knoww.
they're face masks are good, and a lot of there products are also great, but yes expensive. I wouldn't say over priced though.
DancinBallerina
(Original post by eve_22)
Thanks for your post.

I have stopped using clinique as of yesterday and im currently searching around for advice,hints and tips and natural methods to try and help my skin. What I don't understand however is how my skin became clear (even when I was using the Clinique and my Dermatologist cream), but since no longer using them, I have broken out into these horrid zits, which are sore .
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
they're face masks are good, and a lot of there products are also great, but yes expensive. I wouldn't say over priced though.
their face masks make me break out and tbh, I just find it all a bit dubious. I also don't like the fact that their products go off really easily.
DancinBallerina

What will I have for breakfast? . . yogurts are my life . . .lol I can't survive on toast (as im hungry by 11am), I dont like cereal and im not a cooked breakfast fan . .hmmmm. Will have to experiment . .

As for the pill, im on Micro 30 - have been for the past 4years, however I have been thinking about coming off it as its not needed (if you get my drift) . . .
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Skin varies from person to person...what works for one will not always work for another. You just have to keep trying different things. I had spots from age 10 to 19. They literally stopped the day I stopped drinking milk/eating ice cream. Spicey food is a trigger for me too.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
their face masks make me break out and tbh, I just find it all a bit dubious. I also don't like the fact that their products go off really easily.
most of the ones I've used don't, shampoo's (liquid and solid), shower gels, bath bombs, shower gels, deodorants, the face masks, yeah, but they come in small containers anyway.

This has just reminded me, one of my friends does the following once a week before bed:

eats half an avocado, washes face with warm water, rubs the other half on her face, waits about 5 minutes, washes off with warm water, splashes cold water onto her face.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
What will I have for breakfast? . . yogurts are my life . . .lol I can't survive on toast (as im hungry by 11am), I dont like cereal and im not a cooked breakfast fan . .hmmmm. Will have to experiment . .

As for the pill, im on Micro 30 - have been for the past 4years, however I have been thinking about coming off it as its not needed (if you get my drift) . . .

so have a snack for 11AM, what about fruit, smoothies with your toast, I'd suggest a fry up but...
...hahaha, probably not best for your skin

once you're out of the habit of using yoghurt to keep you going and you use something else, it'll be fine.
DancinBallerina
Skin varies from person to person...what works for one will not always work for another. You just have to keep trying different things. I had spots from age 10 to 19. They literally stopped the day I stopped drinking milk/eating ice cream. Spicey food is a trigger for me too.
Ooooo - I very rarely eat ice cream, its just yogurts I live on . . and colesaw (with near enough every dinner I get) . . :ninjagirl: Meh not a spicey food lover so that defo isn't a factor for moi, anyway.

And on that note, im going to go to bed - thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate them.

:hello:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.68%
No (520)
72.32%

Watched Threads