Turn on thread page Beta

(Poll) Would you pick up a hitchhiker? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you pick up a hitchhiker?
    Yes
    14.20%
    No
    62.50%
    Maybe (i.e. if it was absolutely lashing down)
    23.30%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    sounds fun - i'd hop in
    In this?

My 37 year old wreck project of a VW campervan which I drive everywhere... even my flatmates don't like going in it - they don't like being seen in such a thing

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, no. Unless they looked v nice I suppose...but even then I'd probably drive past and feel incredibly guilty.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Never you don't know what their intentions are.

ReputationRep:
    In short: no
    in long: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o

ReputationRep:
    No, but I would slow down and shout "Get a job, you tramp" all the while laughing at the irony that I don't have one and yet I'm not a desperate drug addicts looking for suckers to pray on.

ReputationRep:
    yeh probably :p:

ReputationRep:
    All depends on whether they look like they are about to kill me or not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tofufi)
    In this?

My 37 year old wreck project of a VW campervan which I drive everywhere... even my flatmates don't like going in it - they don't like being seen in such a thing
    lol! awesome colour scheme at least. i presume the tires have tread, and it has a roof, therefore i've travelled in worse :eek: . genuinely, i would gladly accept a lift in that...thing .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    lol! awesome colour scheme at least. i presume the tires have tread, and it has a roof, therefore i've travelled in worse :eek: . genuinely, i would gladly accept a lift in that...thing .
    It's not always had a roof...

Not to mention that I managed to wear new tyres to this in 400 miles (On private roads of course) :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Step 1) Go to Halfrauds
    Step 2) Buy 5 - 10 tins of matt black
    Step 3) wash van
    Step 4) drive home - this will dry said van
    Step 5) flat back van with wet n dry
    Step 6) mask up the lights and glas
    Step 7) spray van with afore mentioned halfrauds rattle cans
    Step 8) allow to dry whilst supping a beer
    Step 9) peel off newspaper masks
    Step 10) admire handywork.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be painted properly after I have finished the body-off restoration on my beetle

I keep telling ya this.

Oh, and it won't be matt black... and I'd remove the lights and windows etc for paint, too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    Charity is better than social security. :yes:
    No. It's not.

If I had someone with me then depending on the circumstances I would. If I was alone, then no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    No. It's not.

Yes it is.

ReputationRep:
    I would if a) I had a driver's license, b) had a car and c) they looked fairly reputable.

ReputationRep:
    No, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I might if they offered me money and/or they looked ok. Or if it was raining heavily.

ReputationRep:
    i often see blokes on the side of the road holding up trade plates, which basically means they have gone to drop off someones brand new car from the other side of the country, and have been told there is one to pick up, but when they get there, it turns out that the customer has already part ex'd his old car to a local garage, and the guy who is delivering the car gets stuck on the other side of the country with no way back.
    i feel sorry for them, but i would still never pick one up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    Yes it is.
    Then evidently our life priorities differ.

My life is more important to me than "charity".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i often see blokes on the side of the road holding up trade plates, which basically means they have gone to drop off someones brand new car from the other side of the country, and have been told there is one to pick up, but when they get there, it turns out that the customer has already part ex'd his old car to a local garage, and the guy who is delivering the car gets stuck on the other side of the country with no way back.
    i feel sorry for them, but i would still never pick one up.
    I seem them on trains every now and again too.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.