Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit optimistic on behalf of UCL to schedule open days during the Oxbridge interview period.

Oh and I hate to poo on everyone's parade, but UCL is NOT the 7th best university in the world, no matter how much you and the Times want that to be true.

ReputationRep:
    Technically I don't have an offer yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    because that doesn't happen, you don't get 'recommended for an offer'... let alone told about it
    erm yes you do, some unis write their letters in that way.........

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, no-one shares your surprise as much as we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemnem)
    why do universities schedule open days/interviews at the same time as other universities? Surely UCL must know a lot of people applying there are also going to be applying to oxford as well?
    Maybe to see where your loyalties lie, or just to mess with people.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, I'm going to the same open day on the 10th December, and so far as I know, the only people who are really going to be there are those invited to have an interview.

Are you sure you've not just been invited to an interview?

And if you really can't make the 10th, they give you the option to choose some later dates that are more suitable to you!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by random321)
    erm yes you do, some unis write their letters in that way.........
    you don't read threads do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1991)
    Hang on, I'm going to the same open day on the 10th December, and so far as I know, the only people who are really going to be there are those invited to have an interview.

Are you sure you've not just been invited to an interview?

And if you really can't make the 10th, they give you the option to choose some later dates that are more suitable to you!
    Well, for History we got a questionnaire which seems to have replaced interviews. It says nothing about an interview in the email, or on the website (as part of the overall thing) so I assume it's all done on the questionnaire and UCAS form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Well, for History we got a questionnaire which seems to have replaced interviews. It says nothing about an interview in the email, or on the website (as part of the overall thing) so I assume it's all done on the questionnaire and UCAS form.
    Ooo History? I got that same questionnaire but for Classics lol

And they don't even want to call you in for an interview or chat? It said nothing about it on the email either?

I have to post mind back and then go and be interrogated! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Open day invites = turning up and checking your name off, before discussing your subject (not even that?) and attending a 1 hour talk/lecture.

That was for Maths. Honestly, it is possible to get a competent friend to pose as you for the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easy_lemon)
    *slaps face, jumps back onto high horse and rides away...*

Well done OP, about time someone got an offer! Been seeing a lot of UCL ?Rejection threads lately.....

ReputationRep:
    Why's the UCL social life bad? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    an offer from UCL? wow. well done. nice one.

wow I wanna go there so fn bd.!

ReputationRep:
    Shhh, it's technically not an offer :p:. Think of it more as an informal offerish thingy.

And also, I got in on rubbish grades.

ReputationRep:
    wth would they tell you you've been recommended for an offer
    I know, think of the disappointment if the Faculty don't want to take up the offer! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Shhh, it's technically not an offer :p:. Think of it more as an informal offerish thingy.

And also, I got in on rubbish grades.
    Me too, I didn't expect to be "recommended" for UCL last year; compared to others my grades were a bit hmmmm..
    And the recommendation for the offer is just a heads-up that you're getting one soon, don't doubt it.

Well done little man. I'm happy for you. *hi-5s*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annarchy)
    Me too, I didn't expect to be "recommended" for UCL last year; compared to others my grades were a bit hmmmm..
    And the recommendation for the offer is just a heads-up that you're getting one soon, don't doubt it.

Well done little man. I'm happy for you. *hi-5s*
    :five:

But my grades are awful, not just 'hmmmm'.

ReputationRep:
    I also got recommended for an offer for History today!!! was shocked, very happy, but a little confused too!hope i get the offer!
    I have the same problem as necessarily_benevolent tho. IF i get an oxford interview (which is debatable coz HAT was rubbish), i'll have to be in two places at the same time how???
    Oh and...congratulations necessarily_benevolent!!!good job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by checkthetime9)
    I also got recommended for an offer for History today!!! was shocked, very happy, but a little confused too!hope i get the offer!
    I have the same problem as necessarily_benevolent tho. IF i get an oxford interview (which is debatable coz HAT was rubbish), i'll have to be in two places at the same time how???
    Oh and...congratulations necessarily_benevolent!!!good job!
    :yep: Mine too.

ReputationRep:
    because that doesn't happen, you don't get 'recommended for an offer'... let alone told about it
    Erm yes you do. At UCL I was told at interview that I was being recommended for an offer and sent a letter with those exact words :rolleyes:

Good on you OP. The future is rosy

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.