Should underachievers be barred from attending uni? Watch

This discussion is closed.
DaveJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Surely an obvious troll. Vidachick always posts saying how she's applying to Uni even though she dosses about and makes no effort, getting poor grades.
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laith)
What have they contributed to, over let's say, a heart surgeon who practices medicine or a chemist who creates the drugs?
You wouldn't know whether those drugs were safe for use or not if it wasn't for the journalists on that list.
cpj1987
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vidachick)
I think they should tbh as that way the goverment could afford to give us all free tuition fees. Why should you be allowed to go to uni with EEE at A-level? It's absolutely ridiculous IMO.
Says the girl who skived school to go to Greggs, spent her EMA on getting drunk with her boyfriend, and STILL expected preferential treatment?
Feeling a bit rubbish about the two justified rejections?
:p:
the_alba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laith)

I concur. Which is more important, harnessing energy released from nuclear fission as we bombard our Uranium 235 with neutrons, or learning how to analyse Shakespeare's crappy plays.
On the other hand, an English degree would enhance your understanding of irony, and enable you to argue your point about how English is pointless in a much more pointed way. It's a toughie.
Laith
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Officer Dibble)
You wouldn't know whether those drugs were safe for use or not if it wasn't for the journalists on that list.
Scientific evidence takes precedance over media trash.
apple_
Report 10 years ago
what subjects do we all do anyway?
Vidachick wouldnt know the content of hers as her laziness shows
tw7055
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Amy***)
I think everyone should have the chance to go to uni if that's what they want to do - regardless of their grades.

Going to university shouldn't only be an opportunity for the 'elite'.
Why not though, it is supposed to be a symbol of a higher level of education, which can be described using the word elite. Why should underachievers be allowed to spend taxpayers money having a three year jolly?
Sovvy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by apple_)
i suffered with Glandular Fever too last year, well done on getting back on track though
I had the same! Right before my exams too, I scraped three fairly decent C's thankfully but I knew I could of done far better, some of my modules I got E's and U's in! But does that mean jack to me? No.

Like the rest said - "3rd" year of college, lack of qualifications on your profile (fear of us using it against you perhaps?) and your current uni responses but haha, not looking good is it?

Don't judge people. Becuase it might just be you thats in that position at some point.
Laith
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by the_alba)
On the other hand, an English degree would enhance your understanding of irony, and enable you to argue your point about how English is pointless in a much more pointed way. It's a toughie.
Can an English degree holder easily go through a transition to study science, for example, chemistry? Definitely not. But a chemist can easily learn how to argue coherently.
apple_
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cpj1987)
Says the girl who skived school to go to Greggs, spent her EMA on getting drunk with her boyfriend, and STILL expected preferential treatment?

gregs is a brilliant store, though to skip school for? Wait, give yourself a treat after an interesting lesson.
Sovvy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL thank you, very much for that!
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laith)

I concur. Which is more important, harnessing energy released from nuclear fission as we bombard our Uranium 235 with neutrons, or learning how to analyse Shakespeare's crappy plays.
Not everyone can be a scientist, you fool. Besides, the world would be a very dull place to live if everyone had your attitude.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that's mean
Laith
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Officer Dibble)
Not everyone can be a scientist, you fool. Besides, the world would be a very dull place to live if everyone had your attitude.
Exactly. So those of you whom are too stupid to do science, you may partake in your poncy English courses.
apple_
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sovvy)
I had the same! Right before my exams too, I scraped three fairly decent C's thankfully but I knew I could of done far better, some of my modules I got E's and U's in! But does that mean jack to me? No.

Like the rest said - "3rd" year of college, lack of qualifications on your profile (fear of us using it against you perhaps?) and your current uni responses but haha, not looking good is it?

Don't judge people. Becuase it might just be you thats in that position at some point.
ahh well done on that one as well its about trying as hard as you can i think. After my months of glandular fever its obviously still here and concentrating is pretty hard and i must sleep still at least 14 hours a day, but hay im refressed and ready for at least 4 hours of full work in a morning!

ps
Nice choice of unis Savvy
Officer Dibble
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This thread will become all the more hilarious and ironic when Vidachick gets rejected by Bristol.
e-m-i-l-y
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If i was vidachick, i wouldn't have my university offers (or lack of them har har) in my profile.
Just shameful.

New question, should Lazy chavs be barred from posting on online forums for people with academic potenital?
necessarily benevolent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laith, shut up. It doesn't matter what degree you do as long as you're passionate about it. Any degree can get you most jobs.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laith)
Can an English degree holder easily go through a transition to study science, for example, chemistry? Definitely not.
Why not? It's not like all English students are rubbish at sciences by default, you know...
spursj911
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you are so arrogant
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads