Turn on thread page Beta

why didnt the 15-year-old save baby p? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Every time I see the pictures of that baby it makes me cry :cry: My cousin looked so similar to him when he was a little baby...I just can't deal with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_examz)
    And exactly why is that ?
    Because I thought their identities were hidden until prosecution legally? Or am I wrong?

Nothing will be achieved by posting their pictures anyway, it will only encourage a hate mob against them when they eventually do get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBubblesx)
    Hear Hear! As all the other people who posted along similar lines

You can all sit there behind your screens safe and happy and swear that you'd done this or that - but your not in the situation your not living it and you've no idea what you'd do there. So you can all get down off your high horses now

15 years old is still a child, it was not her responsibility to tell.
    I completely understand what your saying, I personally think that she should have prehaps called NSPCC or Police from a phone box anonmyousy, but I agree that it wasnt her responsibility.

Dont let it distract you from the real monsters in this.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, I knew that baby had been terribly abused but reading what I just managed to read has made me sick to my stomach. It's one of the most shocking things I have ever heard of. I personally think that whatever anyone says about witnesses, doctors, social workers etc, the only people to blame are the baby's mother and those who actually abused him. Yes of course the doctors should have noticed and it's outrageous that such terrible injuries went unnoticed so many times, but people who are sick enough to inflict such torture on any person, let alone a tiny child, are sick enough to cover up their tracks. I seriously hope they get tortured in prison. I don't believe that two wrongs make a right but 14 years is a joke for what they have done. They are complete animals and I hope they suffer for the rest of their lives.
    Rest in peace Baby P, I'm glad nobody can hurt him anymore, poor little thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alsop)

Nothing will be achieved by posting their pictures anyway, it will only encourage a hate mob against them when they eventually do get out.
    Good.

They don't deserve protection.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    Why do you think she didn't say anything? Because the only thing that will have been going through her head is: "if I tell anyone about this, they'll torture me in the same way".

Christ, some people are stupid.
    Police protection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alsop)
    Because I thought their identities were hidden until prosecution legally? Or am I wrong?

They are hidden legally, but they were leaked on the internet.

Also, encouraging a hate mob is exactly what i, and everyone should be doing. Yes, I know that this kind of thing happens all over the world everyday, but that shouldnt take away the sevirity of this by any part.

I encourge everyone to post it where ever you can, untill its publically released. Then justice will be served. Not by the police, but by their fellow inmates.

ReputationRep:
    I completely understand what your saying, I personally think that she should have prehaps called NSPCC or Police from a phone box anonmyousy, but I agree that it wasnt her responsibility.

Dont let it distract you from the real monsters in this.
    But the police were already involved in the case, and ultimately all the NSPCC would have been able to do is contact social services or the police anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    Good.

Yes they do. Whatever horrors they commited, the law will punish them, the public should stay out of it, or they'll be just as bad as them.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, man. That's... something else. I couldn't even finish reading the entire article... As others have said, none of us can really judge the girl. God knows how scared she was. Damn, man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neurotripsy)
    Police protection?
    if anything came of it. In her mind that was probably a pretty big if.

ReputationRep:
    Also, encouraging a hate mob is exactly what i, and everyone should be doing. Yes, I know that this kind of thing happens all over the world everyday, but that shouldnt take away the sevirity of this by any part.
    It is more than likely that the male had a mental illness and the female was under the heavy influence of her boyfriend. Please don't get me wrong, I am in no way justifying what they did, it makes me sick to think about it, but a hate mob is not what is needed here. The law will (hopefully) get justice for Baby P, violence is not the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alsop)
    Yes they do. Whatever horrors they commited, the law will punish them, the public should stay out of it, or they'll be just as bad as them.
    The alleged 14 years imprisonment is no punishment for what they have done.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you save baby P?

I think the death penalty should be brought back.

ReputationRep:
    Good.

Hate mobs are ridiculous.

Yes they are horrible awful people, who deserve to be locked up for a very long time. But it is not up to us to inflict our own 'justice' that is for the courts.

And to save time before anyone brings out the old - 'bring back the death penalty' - crys, An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but neither is any kind of violence inflicted upon them. Rehabilitation after prison will hopefully come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Why do you think she didn't say anything? Because the only thing that will have been going through her head is: "if I tell anyone about this, they'll torture me in the same way".
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alsop)
    I agree, but neither is any kind of violence inflicted upon them. Rehabilitation after prison will hopefully come.

What FLIPPIN "Rehabilitation", they need to be put down like the animals they are... Geesh

ReputationRep:
    Isnt it obvious whats going to happen when ( or if) they get released?. They will be given new identities and moved to somewhere no one knows them. Just like it happened to the killers of Jamie Bulger. Apparently they now live in Australia under different names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dododo)
    and the ppl who did this are only lookin at 14 years in prison
    this is one case i would make an exception and bring back the death penalty

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.