Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaelizabeth)
    Are you looking to do a qualifying law degree?
    yes. why:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Van der Zak)
    Sorry but I (on behalf of my friend) contacted(by email) Liverpool University last year regarding a similar situation and they said they would not consider a applicant who is predicted anything lower than ABB. And he was predicted ABC and after he read that email, he got his teacher to put up his grades to ABB after doing some mock exam and essays to show his potential.

I don't know if they changed this year (I highly doubt it), again what I would say is contact the Universities you are interested and explain your situation.

Hope this helps.
    ok! ill contact them and see how it goes! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha X)
    omg really??? I LOVE YOU
    It's ok haha :P

The only thing I would think about is having an insurance offer. Just in case. I'd much rather have an insurance than have to go through Clearing

ReputationRep:
    I got ABBBBB at AS, and got predicted BBCCCC, which is an insult, considering I had special circumstances during my exams that the college was aware of, and have now been sorted. And all my Bs were borderline! Ugh. I've applied to uni's like yours, but I doubt I'll get in and I'm preparing a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I (on behalf of my friend) contacted(by email) Liverpool University last year regarding a similar situation and they said they would not consider a applicant who is predicted anything lower than ABB. And he was predicted ABC and after he read that email, he got his teacher to put up his grades to ABB after doing some mock exam and essays to show his potential.

I don't know if they changed this year (I highly doubt it), again what I would say is contact the Universities you are interested and explain your situation.

Hope this helps.
    I hate to break it to you, but I've got an offer, and I'm only predicted BBB!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, at a few of those unis you've applied to, they let people in after results day with much lower than what they have offered and are usually in clearing. i wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    just wondering - if it were me, i'd email universities, and then trawl for some QLD joint honours programmes, and then try for the best possible university- where your degree comes from IS going to count if you want to become a lawyer!

ReputationRep:
    yes. why:confused:
    If that's the case you should focus on doing Law as a single subject, and not a joint degree. I think that's why she asked that question.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling: Law!!!

omg im gonna dieeeeeeeee!
    Don't panic, I'm in the same position as you, I need and am confident of getting BBC for my top 2 choices but have been predicted BCD:mad: . P*ssed off at my teachers for not having enough confidence in me but I talked to my tutor about it and he said its not the end of the world and theres still a chance of you getting in if your reference and statement are particularly good, so you may still get an offer to make the grades required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I hate to break it to you, but I've got an offer, and I'm only predicted BBB!! :mad:
    I am talking about Law LLB and not a joint degree (in your case, Law and Sociology). She is looking to do Law as a single subject.

Sorry if that offended you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    to be honest, at a few of those unis you've applied to, they let people in after results day with much lower than what they have offered and are usually in clearing. i wouldn't worry.
    i don't mean to sound to rude but how do you know that:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I am talking about Law LLB and not a joint degree (in your case, Law and Sociology). She is looking to do Law as a single subject.

Sorry if that offended you.
    This IS an LLB. It's combined honours, and I purposely made sure that it's an LLB, qualifying law degree.

Anything else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeee)
    how dare you?!?! you're lucky im having a good day you knob sucking lemon turd.
    grrrrr

No I have the biggest INTARWOBS PENIS!?!!?

ReputationRep:
    i have a few friends that dropped some grades this year and kingston/westminster/brunel didnt bat an eyelid. all for law, btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    This IS an LLB. It's combined honours, and I purposely made sure that it's an LLB, qualifying law degree.

Anything else?
    I can feel the anger in that post lol.

No nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    oh i totally knw how u feel...

im predicted BBB...but i knw i'll over achieve...

ah well...i plan to take a gap year if i dont get in, at least that way i can work and save abit of money :woo: and then reapply with my grades next year :yep:

good luck tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeee)
    how dare you?!?! you're lucky im having a good day you knob sucking lemon turd.
    Have a nice day, fella!

ReputationRep:
    I got BBB for AS! yeah i'll ask if i can sit a mock in january! TY x
    why should you be predicted AAB then if you can't even get one A at As?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheroes)
    i have a few friends that dropped some grades this year and kingston/westminster/brunel didnt bat an eyelid. all for law, btw.
    oh okay. lucky them

ReputationRep:
    The predictions system works on the basis of predicting upwards, not downwards.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.