The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
DanMushMan
and how exaclty are you supposed to talk to the lecturers?

Err your vocal chords work don't they???
ZJuwelH
Err your vocal chords work don't they???

so just shout?
ZJuwelH
You should try being jokey with the lecturers, make everything much more fun. Worst that could happen is you get thrown out the lecture which you probably won't learn much from anyway...

kinda hard when there are 300 ppl in lecture hall lol!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 43
hildabeast
kinda hard when there are 300 ppl in lecture hall lol!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Well have a friendly chat with him before/after the lecture. Better yet, get your quick wit ready for an opportunity to crack a good joke during the lecture.
ZJuwelH
You should try being jokey with the lecturers, make everything much more fun. Worst that could happen is you get thrown out the lecture which you probably won't learn much from anyway...

and the worst that can happen is you get reported & chucked out. There's a video camera in one of lecture halls.
Reply 45
DanMushMan
and the worst that can happen is you get reported & chucked out. There's a video camera in one of lecture halls.

O-kaaaaay are lecturers that humourless and dull???
ZJuwelH
O-kaaaaay are lecturers that humourless and dull???

pretty much
Reply 47
DanMushMan
pretty much

Yay Cambridge should be fun (!)
And I want to study Maths, where besides solving problems there is little scope for fun anyway. Might plump for Manchester instead.
ZJuwelH
Yay Cambridge should be fun (!)
And I want to study Maths, where besides solving problems there is little scope for fun anyway. Might plump for Manchester instead.

manchester is cool!!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 49
hildabeast
manchester is cool!!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I know!!! And if I go there y'all can't have a go at me for not supporting the local team (boring one-line argument, heard it all before <yawn>)! Also there is a great financial incentive thanks to the Maths department. Hmmm...
ZJuwelH
I know!!! And if I go there y'all can't have a go at me for not supporting the local team (boring one-line argument, heard it all before <yawn>)! Also there is a great financial incentive thanks to the Maths department. Hmmm...

so what, no football clubs in london?
Reply 51
DanMushMan
so what, no football clubs in london?

None that I'm aware of (!)
I chose to support Man Utd in my youth mainly because my mum's family support Liverpool (who were the team to support when they came to this country), and I had to be different. Plus they were the first team I ever saw lose a match (on TV, never been to a game :frown:) and I was really into the underdog. And the colour red appealed. Still a 100% commited fan.
ZJuwelH
None that I'm aware of (!)
I chose to support Man Utd in my youth mainly because my mum's family support Liverpool (who were the team to support when they came to this country), and I had to be different. Plus they were the first team I ever saw lose a match (on TV, never been to a game :frown:) and I was really into the underdog. And the colour red appealed. Still a 100% commited fan.

how can you possibly call yourself a commited fan, let alone a 100% one? Never been to a game? Why not travel up the motorway with all those surrey and kent supporters? At least they go! Even people in SE Asia I know have been to games! I'm sure the club are proud of the fans like you.
Reply 53
DanMushMan
how can you possibly call yourself a commited fan, let alone a 100% one? Never been to a game? Why not travel up the motorway with all those surrey and kent supporters? At least they go! Even people in SE Asia I know have been to games! I'm sure the club are proud of the fans like you.

So they should be, every game I'm there in spirit. I buy the shirts so it's not like I don't contribute. And I would go to games if I had my own money and time to do it with. Still, when I do have the money I will go regularly. So there.
ZJuwelH
So they should be, every game I'm there in spirit. I buy the shirts so it's not like I don't contribute. And I would go to games if I had my own money and time to do it with. Still, when I do have the money I will go regularly. So there.

you're not telling me that your basis for supporting ManUre is some sort of anti-glory hunt. If it is, then you're probably the worst type of fan there is. You buy the shirts and parade it round London, (much like the BBC advert for Burning It) so what? Is that the only way you support your beloved team? I don't really think we can even have an argument because you don't seem to know or even like football.
happysunshine
*Not sure if this is off the subject* but I always get the impression of oxbridge students to have no fashion sense and no idea about modern times, ie. the latest music and things.

Is that right, or am I thinking of sterotypes?

Way off the mark...think of it like this, half the people here have daddies wallet to spend...
The concentration of gucgi and prada here is staggering!
And as for clothes, Im a vintage clother myself, going for retro individual looks. very cambridge.
J
ZJuwelH
When we stayed round St Edmunds the bursar (who is also a governor at our school, which enabled us to visit) made the point that Cambridge students dress like tramps. Although looking at them I wouldn't have used the word 'tramp', it struck me that very few wore jeans. In my area jeans are the norm (along with hooded tops and bling bling hahaha), so I felt a bit wierd. Still, I would at least look the most laid-back of the bunch.

yeh well, st edmonds is just the college for the thick as shit jocks
J
foolfarian
Way off the mark...think of it like this, half the people here have daddies wallet to spend...
The concentration of gucgi and prada here is staggering!
And as for clothes, Im a vintage clother myself, going for retro individual looks. very cambridge.
J

but in stuff like current affairs, many people get trapped in a Cambridge 'bubble' for 8 weeks. A lot of people don't even know what's going on in the news half the time.
Lurker
What do you mean exactly?

They are all the creme de la cremem of society...or think they are. All public school educated, and often quite stook up.
J
Reply 59
DanMushMan
you're not telling me that your basis for supporting ManUre is some sort of anti-glory hunt. If it is, then you're probably the worst type of fan there is. You buy the shirts and parade it round London, (much like the BBC advert for Burning It) so what? Is that the only way you support your beloved team? I don't really think we can even have an argument because you don't seem to know or even like football.

Like football?! You don't know me very well. In the words of the adidas advert, I kiss football! I'll support my team how I want and am able to, the fact is I will go on supporting them forever, no matter what people like you have to say about it. Call me a gloryhunter, I don't care, there's more to life than your opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending