Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Aren't you in Kent?
    Yes, I'm at the Ramsgate Public School.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Wahey, does that mean you speak with a West Yorkshire accent (personally feel, this is best!)?

Oh, does that mean you go to Heckmondwike Grammar?
    No to both, I speak with little to no accent, possibly slight Lancastrian influences and I go to a grammar school in Lancashire.

ReputationRep:
    Without a shadow of a doubt, the Westcountry accent has something of an alluring quality about it.

Oooh arrr my luvver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Without a shadow of a doubt, the Westcountry accent has something of an alluring quality about it.

Oooh arrr my luvver.
    Ooh yes, another favourite of mine.

*pirate*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)

Oooh arrr my luvver.

I agree to some extent...my bf is from that way...and there is something a lil heart warming by the way he says, a'rright my babs! lol

ReputationRep:
    IRISH! definately.... or even better NORTHERN IRISH.... hehe *drools*

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sorted. I can do decent Scottish and Irish accents. Added to my natural middle England accent, I offer girls the best of all 3 worlds...

It's a lot of fun going out and being 'Irish' for the night. However, from my huge amount of research, girls always prefer English at the end of the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I'm pretty sorted. I can do decent Scottish and Irish accents. Added to my natural middle England accent, I offer girls the best of all 3 worlds...

It's a lot of fun going out and being 'Irish' for the night. However, from my huge amount of research, girls always prefer English at the end of the day!
    Or your Irish accent isn't as good as you'd like to think

ReputationRep:
    love the yorkshire accent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    love the yorkshire accent
    hehe, i said this yesterday on a different thread- my mum mum reckons i'll be sorted when i go to dundee- i'll be surrounded by guys with cute scottish accents and they'll like my english accent, so she reckons i can have a pick of the guys (i'm glad she has so much confidence about me + the current bf staying together...)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I'm very near West Yorkshire, about five minutes away.
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    definitely a london accent for me! i don't know why the hell yorkshire accents have got 6 votes, thats crazy, yorkshire accents remind me of an old farmer and my mission is to lose mine the day i go to uni! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Really?
    To Skipton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    definitely a london accent for me! i don't know why the hell yorkshire accents have got 6 votes, thats crazy, yorkshire accents remind me of an old farmer and my mission is to lose mine the day i go to uni! :cool:
    lol, but think of sean bean...

i can't believe expression voted for scouse! my bf has a scouse accent (not really strong, jus he can't hide where he's from) and i have to say there are much more attractive accents around (but also worse)...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Or your Irish accent isn't as good as you'd like to think
    Much as I hate to admit it, that may be a distinct possibility... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's the fact when I'm 'Irish' I introduce myself to girls as Ronnie...

ReputationRep:
    As well as a London accent, I also quite like the Mancunian accent.

And the American accent is nice too.

ReputationRep:
    RP

"Oh, you little minx!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Much as I hate to admit it, that may be a distinct possibility... :rolleyes:

Or maybe it's the fact when I'm 'Irish' I introduce myself to girls as Ronnie...
    lol ronnie - try something different next time and let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    lol ronnie - try something different next time and let us know how you get on
    i know an irish guy called jack... he's ok to look at but his voice is jus amazing. i have to get him to repeat stuff sometimes cos he talks to so fast. he's got the whole irish charm thing too- he can get away with the cheesiest lines that i'd slap some guys for, but from him they're just sweet. (the cheesist was 'i'd have got you a valentines card but they didn't have any nice enough')

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    it has got to be the FRENCH!! such romantics!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.