Turn on thread page Beta

whats your favourite book? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    It's a sticky on the Literature sub-forum.
    ah i was just going to ask that question i cant seem to find it

ReputationRep:
    I've gotton back into the HP series so i'll say HP.

ReputationRep:
    Confederacy of Dunces, Fear and Loathing. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (wrote a *****in' essay on it. I suspect it was good because I actually enjoyed doing it).

ReputationRep:
    The correct answer, everyone, is Lolita.

(Original post by Takeahnase)
    I think, for me, it probably has to be Lolita.
    Why? I'm reading it just now and it's giving me a headache tbh. Nabokov's command of English is indeed mind-blowing, but so are his descriptions - in most cases, less is more. :p:

For me, it's probably 'What I Was' by Meg Rosoff.

ReputationRep:
    For laughs any Terry Prachett book

Mystery, Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose

Sci-fi, Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, Octavia Butler's Xenogenosis (renamed Lilith's brood), Wild Seed

Drama, Alice Walker's The Colour Purple

Horror, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein's Monster, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Light hearted, Jeanette Winterson's Oranges are not the only fruit.

Fantasy, Anne McCaffrey's Pern series

ReputationRep:
    Omgaaawsh i have SO many....
    A Room With A View, Jane Eyre, Animal Farm (wasnt a big fan of 1984 though....didn't think it lived up to the hype), To Kill a Mocking Bird, City of Ashes series, Wicked Lovely series, Sovay, Shannara Series...
    The list rly could go on...

ReputationRep:
    Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh.

It's so hard to choose just one though

ReputationRep:
    Gone With The Wind is my ultimate favourite book ever! Also Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, Pride and Prejudice...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm I guess Doctor Faustus By Christopher Marlowe

ReputationRep:
    Either battle royale, 1984 or 20,000 leagues under the sea

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, got a couple: Catch-22, closely followed by Candide, Orlando and Wuthering Heights.

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be a toss up between the very hungry caterpillar and we're going on a bear hunt. I mean, yeah sure the Bronte sisters, Austen, Eliot, Tolstoy, they're all pretty good but you can't beat a bit of 'We can't go over it. We can't go under it. We've got to go through it!' =p

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.