The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No, at the moment I just want to pass everything. I only need a 2:2 to go into teaching but I would like a 2:1. I don't think I'm first material however.
Reply 41
Nahhh... Just get me a 2:1, a good time and a good job at the end of it and I'll be ecstatic. At the end of the day your degree classification doesn't matter as long as it gets you where you want to be - whether that's a first, a 2:1 or a 2:2. It's just a stepping stone.
Reply 42
I'd settle for a 2.1, a first would be nice though.
Reply 43
quite frankly, I'd be gutted if I didn't get a first.
I'm going to be gutted if I don't get a first just for first year. which is ridiculous, but, that's how it'll be.
OhNO!
quite frankly, I'd be gutted if I didn't get a first.
I'm going to be gutted if I don't get a first just for first year. which is ridiculous, but, that's how it'll be.

On the balance of probabilities prepare for severe disappointment.
Reply 45
I would because I know I am capable of one... but it is not so much 'getting a first' that is important, it is knowing that I have achieved the best that I can.
I'd like to get a 1st, but won't be devastated if I don't. Will be quite happy with a 2.1.
Reply 47
Nope, I can't even get a first, even if I was offered a lump cash payment at this very moment. I seriously underestimated how difficult it is to gain a first, especially in the humanities.:sigh:

If I got a 2:2 though...... then yeah I failed myself.
Reply 48
ChemistBoy
On the balance of probabilities prepare for severe disappointment.

yeah, I know. I mean, I've done all right in my assessed work so far but I don't expect a first or anything. still, gutted will I be.
I'd be slightly disheartened if I got below 67. I can't expect a first but I do put a lot of effort in so I hope I get back what I put in etc.
Reply 50
im probs capable of one but im too lazy so 2.1 it is!
Reply 51
lnwn
im probs capable of one but im too lazy so 2.1 it is!

I always think that when people say this they're just trying to reassure themselves.
Reply 52
Yea, its going to cost a lot of money, so its important to aim for the best and get your moneys worth, however a 2:1 is cool :biggrin: but the best remains the best !

Latest

Trending

Trending