Turn on thread page Beta

Are you scared of black people? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well why black people in specific.

The way the thread is made, is like we are animals or something.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I would feel a lot more intimidated if a black man dressed up as a gangster walked up to me than if a white man dressed up as a gangster walked towards me. It's just something about white gangsters that I find quite amusing. Not trying to be racist just stating my experience :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodmer123)
    lol umad got no mates, spends all day on TSR
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post16820156

Posts per day: 43

????

I ain't scared of no nigras.

ReputationRep:
    well tbh, anyone that knows of real gangsters know they do not dress up as gangsters
    how exactly does a gangster dress?

ReputationRep:
    why are there so many racially charged threads popping up these days

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question, OP, Only when the pool is closed.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how he looked.
    But then you could say the same with anyone, if a white guy was walking towards me looking scary then I could be scared no matter who they were.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, either be racially attacked by a skinhead or raped by a 11inch..

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo, but i'm scared of your threads!

ReputationRep:
    I try not to judge people on their external appearances whatsoever, but unfortunately I do. Race doesn't come into it at all for me, but I do find that I am more scared of people who are wearing 'chavvy' or scruffy clothing, especially if they have their face hidden and look generally shifty, than those dressed in pretty or smart clothes. Which is kind of silly really, cos anybody could attack you.

ReputationRep:
    I find it amusing that everyone has argued, somewhat vehemently, that they wouldn't treat either differently. The fact is that for the most part black people in Europe are of lower socio-economic status than white people, and therefore more likely to stab you in the guts and steal your wallet. So, yes, i'd be more scared if I encountered a black man in a dark alley than a white one.

ReputationRep:
    im not afraid of anyone
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    For me it depends on how ugly they are. The uglier, the more violent fights they've been in.

ReputationRep:
    why be scared, just because they are black doesnt mean they are a "menace to society" < great film btw. there is alot in the news about black on black crime, but there are alot of white people who are just as bad so it basically evens the fact out that both black/white people can be scary lol

But no i do get intimidated by people who try to walk with a swagger like they have a stone in their shoe ahh well.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    no i wouldnt be scared more like wary and its not because the persons black or white more like what image they portray.

ReputationRep:
    It ALL comes down to being STEREOTYPICAL

ReputationRep:
    Depends where I was tbh. If I was at home, no, all the gangs are white. If I was here in Bristol (the posh end) probably, since most of the students and young people from round here are white ergo they would probably have come from somewhere poorer in the city ergo stastically far more likely to rob me.

ReputationRep:
    If anything Im more scared of white thugs - not sure why, suppose its cos most of the black people round here are paying £10K to be at uni so they're not really the thuggish types.

Only black people that sometimes make me uncomfortable are Nigerian men because a few of them are slightly touchy-feely for my liking, but after speaking to a Nigerian woman, she said that thats how Nigerian women like their men, so the men coming over here think thats what white women like as well. So doesnt make me as uncomfortable anymore. Its more of a personal space issue anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd just think "OOHH **** PLEASE DON'T TURN ON ME!!!" regardless of colour.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.