Joss Whedon's Dollhouse watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's awesome. Season finale tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    It's awesome. Season finale tomorrow!
    :eek: So soon!

Does anyone know whether it has been renewed for another season?

ReputationRep:
    We don't know yet. I think FOX are announcing their schedule for the new season on May 18th, so we'll know then.

If FOX ***** Joss over on Dollhouse like they did on Firefly, I think there's some burning needing to be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I've only seen two episodes, but I'll be stealing this from my housemate

Man reaction!
    Be prepared to have it get sooooooooo much better. Episodes 1-6 are perfectly good TV, after that it goes insane!

ReputationRep:
    You know, I saw this for the first time the other day and I just didn't get it.

Plus I thought some of the scenes were just...overacted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Tingler)
    You know, I saw this for the first time the other day and I just didn't get it.

Plus I thought some of the scenes were just...overacted?
    I didn't like the first episode I watched either (which was, coincidentially, the first episode) but after understanding it more, I went back and it was nb. So I'm guessing that not understanding how the universe works gives you a bad first impression. Nevertheless, this is definitely one of those stories that gets better with each episode.

(Although not so sure about the last one. Wtfish?)

ReputationRep:
    It has just got better and better throughout the season. The last one, episode twelve, was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    For everyone else who will probably not be following this as obsessively as me: Dollhouse has been renewed for a second season. Episodes will be cut down by 8 minutes to lower production costs, but there are 13 more episodes on the way, wahooooooooooo! Fox have quite frankly stunned me.

In summation: DOLLHOUSE SEASON 2 IS ON THE WAY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    For everyone else who will probably not be following this as obsessively as me: Dollhouse has been renewed for a second season. Episodes will be cut down by 8 minutes to lower production costs, but there are 13 more episodes on the way, wahooooooooooo! Fox have quite frankly stunned me.

:woo:

Thank you for this news!

Any idea when the second season will be aired?

ReputationRep:
    I believe it'll be aired in Autumn.

(Actually, I was following this just as obsessively.)

ReputationRep:
    I believe it'll be aired in Autumn.

(Actually, I was following this just as obsessively.)
    I suppose the firefly avatar should have given you away :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)

hoozah. mangs i was liking the 60 second commercials though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    I suppose the firefly avatar should have given you away :P
    I've also met Dichen Lachman and Miracle Laurie (Sierra and November).

/win

ReputationRep:
    I've also met Dichen Lachman and Miracle Laurie (Sierra and November).

/win
    When did you meet them? I actually think I internet hate you for meeting all these people.

I was absolutely loving it when Alan Tudyk appeared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe mexican)
    When did you meet them? I actually think I internet hate you for meeting all these people.

I was absolutely loving it when Alan Tudyk appeared.
    Here. Dichen isn't on the guest list there, but she was a surprise guest. Along with...Mark Sheppard! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Here. Dichen isn't on the guest list there, but she was a surprise guest. Along with...Mark Sheppard! :awesome:
    Fair enough. I'm going to the London film and comic convention, but I can't see it being as good as an actual expensive convention. I'm thinking about going to the one in november also..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe mexican)
    Fair enough. I'm going to the London film and comic convention, but I can't see it being as good as an actual expensive convention. I'm thinking about going to the one in november also..
    Actually, if you consider that you're paying for all the individual stuff within the con, it comes out as the best part of a fair bit anyway. That's why the Gold Pass, at £175, is good value for people who want to see everything.

Anyway, I've got both the LFCC and The Cylon Attack in November booked

ReputationRep:
    I watched the pilot. There had better be a sharp increase in quality otherwise I won't be watching the rest of the series, the pilot was near-unwatchable.
    Protip for Joss Whedon: If you're going to have a tv show where the protagonist has to be a different character each week, you should probably pick an actress with enough talent to pull it off. Eliza Dusku has about as much range as a cheap radio control car.

ReputationRep:
    You've seen the pilot, even though it was never aired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    I watched the pilot. There had better be a sharp increase in quality otherwise I won't be watching the rest of the series, the pilot was near-unwatchable.
    Protip for Joss Whedon: If you're going to have a tv show where the protagonist has to be a different character each week, you should probably pick an actress with enough talent to pull it off. Eliza Dusku has about as much range as a cheap radio control car.
    I think she makes a brilliant doll.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.