Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you have to be tsr-style 'into' a subject to study it at uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    I don't understand how people cannot see that physics is the most beautiful subject in the world.

Sometimes I wish that I didn't love it as much as I do and study medicine- or something with a definite job at the end, but i'm drawn to it, it's weird.
    It's alright, but come on, the density of a copper wire? :yawn:
    Things like moments are good because they're maths...:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    A degree is still useful for a lot of things, even if it isn't specific to the career. Lots of employers just ask that you've done a degree in something, and careers like teaching require a degree though it doesn't always have to be in the subject you teach.

Obviously, if you do a degree then go and do work you could have done anyway working in a bar or something, there isn't much point. But if you're aiming for a career that's a bit more academic, it's worthwhile and not a waste of time. Even if you don't use it right away, you still have the degree so it will never be wasted time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.