Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My Dad was racing his car, me, my Mum and my brother were watching from the viewing tower thing at Donnington I think it was and he crashed right infront of us and the car rolled and just seemed to crumple with him in it. The 2 minutes after that crash were the longest 2 minutes of my life, he didn't move for ages and I've never felt panic like it.
    He was alright though thankfully.

A notable mention has to go to my goggles icing over in a white out when I was skiing on a black run in Italy, that was pretty damn scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrisK)
    My 1.4 injected fiesta doesnt sound that impressive
    but i didnt recover
    rolled
    Aww, never mind.
    This is what a "normal" run looks like.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TjYwW1y8g

Funnily enough, I haven't driven my mates car since I nearly put it in the wall!!! :cool:

0-60mph < 3.0 sec
    0-130mph < 12.0 sec

1/4 mile about 11.5 sec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Aww, never mind.
    This is what a "normal" run looks like.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TjYwW1y8g

Funnily enough, I haven't driven my mates car since I nearly put it in the wall!!! :cool:

0-60mph < 3.0 sec
    0-130mph < 12.0 sec

1/4 mile about 11.5 sec
    i just got horrible oversteer. hit a nearside wall.
    lost the back end completely. hit a bank and rolled it twice

ReputationRep:
    Probably when I was living in the Middle East when I was 17 and some ****** tried to kidnap me and get me into the back of his car, when I ran away he tried to run me over but couldn't so he got out and chased me on foot - that was pretty scary.

ReputationRep:
    mine would be when i was at home cleaning i lived in an old railway cottage which no word of a lie has an exorcism done on it because when the extension was built by previous owners they believed theyd uncovered a spirit because the microwave would go off in middle of night etc so yeah i was cleaning in house on own and heard footsteps on stairs went to hall and shouted mum but no answer and her car was still off the drive was so scared i swear i heard footsteps =[ nearly cried i hid in my room

ReputationRep:
    When we were on the approach to Las Vegas runway the heat from the mountains caused some insane turbulance. I was scared, very very scared. A close second is when someone got shot outside of the hotel I was in at Las Vegas. I saw the whole thing and even got it on my mobile phone. We assume he survived cos he drove off...

ReputationRep:
    First time. In Kavos last summer, inside a doctors room with my mate on the table surrounded by doctors from surrounding practises and neighbours too, being resuscitated. Got so drunk a trigger in his brain started giving him a panic attack which combined with his bad asthma and he stopped breathing and consciousness. (No med knowledge but thats the jist of it from what the doc said)

Such a damn scary thing, we were all in tears! He then got taken away in an ambulance.
    He was fine the next night though so it didnt ruin his holiday.

Second time. Got drunk and when I got home I got on my bike and cycled 13 miles to the airport with nothing on but a pair of jeans and a Ben Sherman polo shirt. BUT, once I got there. Instead of travelling home I remembered getting a lift from my sister to the airport from hers once. So I thought it would be quicker to go straight to hers.
    The route included mostly unlit country lanes with miles and miles until you reached the villages that the roads connected.

I was riding along and saw some red lights from cars and thought to myself "****, if they saw me I'm miles from anywhere, I'm ******" Cos they were chav boy racer type things. I managed to get past them, much to my relief. I then cycled a mile or two up the hard shoulder of the A1! Before some more country roads before reaching her house.

I had actually managed to cycle an extra 14 miles, I guessed the journey to be around 5 max! My sister said I was shaking all night when I got to hers, probably the most terrifying experience out of the two. Stupid stupid me, I've never done anything like that since.

ReputationRep:
    When my friend got drunk and self harmed.. I didn't know what to do

Firstly, I was chased by a stray dog in Liverpool for no reason whatsoever. In the end, I ran into the main road where a butcher saved me.

Secondly, I once had a dream where I was falling into what seemed to be a bottom-less pit. I nearly died in my sleep with freight.

ReputationRep:
    I had bad turbulence coming back from Florida last year. The cloud cover was really low because of the hurricanes and tropical storms that had been floating around the area for a while. The plane kept levelling off suddenly as it was ascending, and the engines kept making incredibly odd noises

ReputationRep:
    Never been scared, was on a flight with loads of turbulence, **** flying everywhere, people screaming and praying, plane dropping in freefall for seconds, broken limbs, frequent calls for doctors to attend and all I did was wind up my sisters saying we were done for.

Not really sure what I'm afraid of, not death for sure. Becoming disabled and being unable to kill myself would be a big one but there's not really an unfolding sequence of events that can be attributed to that happening...

ReputationRep:
    I was 15 years old and I was mugged and kicked while on the floor. I seriously thought I was going to get raped and I cried for days afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    When I was put into a police cell for 12 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dephect)
    turning the shower off
    I hate that, especially when it goes cold, you know it's going to happen but it still gets you.

Just like the toaster when you're waiting for it to pop up, always gets me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbits)
    Every time. I know it's going to pop, I can count down to when it will pop, but it will never stop making me jump out of my skin.
    :ditto: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    One time I dreamed that I'd robbed this off license near my house while drunk, stabbing the guy behind the counter in the process. It was one of those dreams that are so vivid that I thought it was real. When I woke up I seriously couldn't tell whether I'd done it or not, as the previous night I'd drunk so much with my friends I'd lost all memory of the night.

I had to actually walk up to the shop to convince myself that it hadn't been robbed, and it was only a dream.

Scary.

Pretty much every night - I am still scared of the dark, so every homely creak or sound has me terrified.

I know, it's kind of pathetic, but not as bad as it used to be

ReputationRep:
    When the kid I was abducting started screaming for help. Close shave that one was...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    On the plane back from Hong Kong in the summer.
    Going over the HUGE mountain range in Asia (himalayas?) there was so much turbulence and everything was flying everywhere, overhead lockers coming open etc - even the stewardesses looked terrified and people who were awake were praying :o: somehow some people slept through it all!
    I actually thought I was going to die haha.
    I would have had a heart attack lol, were the stewardesses trying to calm the passangers down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Pretty much every night - I am still scared of the dark, so every homely creak or sound has me terrified.

I know, it's kind of pathetic, but not as bad as it used to be
    lol same

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.