Turn on thread page Beta

Valentines gift ideas- What to give watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You dont write valentines cards for boys, you wait for steak and blowjob day instead.

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought my boyfriend a valentines day mug, it's huge! Girls aren’t meant to buy boys presents I’ve heard, and he likes cup of teas more than anything so bought him that

ReputationRep:
    I bought my bf a George Foreman as he loves toasties

But I was too impatient and gave it to him already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    I've just bought my boyfriend a valentines day mug, it's huge! Girls aren’t meant to buy boys presents I’ve heard, and he likes cup of teas more than anything so bought him that
    I use to think that too

But this year I have bought my boyfriend a v-neck jumper, and some Nivea stuff (I know he loves Nivea for men stuff)

I was thinking about a mug, but for xmas I got my boyfriend a mug and hot chocolate :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if my girlfriend bought me anything I'd be really pleased but I wouldn't mind at all if she didn't. I just hope she likes what I got her - if she's happy then I'm really happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eli2ab3th)
    I use to think that too

But this year I have bought my boyfriend a v-neck jumper, and some Nivea stuff (I know he loves Nivea for men stuff)

I was thinking about a mug, but for xmas I got my boyfriend a mug and hot chocolate :rolleyes:
    I bought him a mug for his 21st but it got broke :sad: but this one is massive!

ReputationRep:
    I hate all the perfume/aftershave propaganda for valentines day, I think it's just the corniest present you can buy your spouse, as if to say 'you smell' or 'im so controlling i have to make you smell this way'.

My suffering spouse will be getting a handmade card and a nice night out. Not sure about gifts as I would like to make a cake but he won't eat it. He has an obsession with kebabs and weightlifting, not sure how I can incorporate this to giftage.

ReputationRep:
    I will be giving a card, some Haribo and myself, wrapped with a big bow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    To be honest if my girlfriend bought me anything I'd be really pleased but I wouldn't mind at all if she didn't. I just hope she likes what I got her - if she's happy then I'm really happy.
    Awww!

I bought my boyfriend chocolate from Thorntons (same as last year though) Whooops.. but i'm also taking him away to a nice hotel as well.

Have to admit I don't really like Valentines day anyways, its a rip off!

xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowergirlx)
    Awww!

I bought my boyfriend chocolate from Thorntons (same as last year though) Whooops.. but i'm also taking him away to a nice hotel as well.

Have to admit I don't really like Valentines day anyways, its a rip off!

xXx
    I had an amazing gift idea for her (Sims 3, as she loves the game) but then I realised it comes out on the 20th or something. I may just but it for her birthday which is in March.

Just wondering what you girls (and boys can help) think about getting your girlfriend a plushie but not a teddy? Like maybe her favourite animal or something.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a DVD of his favourite childhood program (The Clangers)

Last year I put in more effort than he did (which wasn't hard, he got me a keyring (unwrapped) and a pair of pants for him with the hulk on them (also unwrapped. But to be fair it was in a bag)) so I am taking the relaxed approach this year :p:

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a home made Shaun of the Dead inspired card (shauns t shirt with a red ink blot heart over the chest pocket with the line "you've got red on you" inside) small cuddly dog with a chocolate heart, im gonna bake different types of shortbread because he loves that stuff and of course ive bought some new underwear for me

ReputationRep:
    Okay... so this is going to come across as really sad, but i've never had to send a valentines card before... this year however... i do... but th thing is i have no idea what to put in one please please please could some of you giv me some inspiration

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx-music-mad-xX)
    Okay... so this is going to come across as really sad, but i've never had to send a valentines card before... this year however... i do... but th thing is i have no idea what to put in one please please please could some of you giv me some inspiration

Thanks
    Just write about how much you care/love/like the person and how they have made you feel whilst being with them. Just write about things that have happened in your relationship - just make that person feel really special and make them want to be with you EVEN more.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting mine chocolate and a teddy. Yay or nay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    I'm getting mine chocolate and a teddy. Yay or nay?
    I'd say yay - clichés are clichés for a reason!

ReputationRep:
    I fail at Valentines' Day! Plus, it's the boyfriend's birthday less than a week later... So I don't want to spend *too* much, and I have no idea what to get either.

Friend of mine said girls aren't really meant to do V-Day, true or not, guys?
    I hope so, then I can get away with getting something not-that-sentimental! CD, food, maybe some form of sweet cuddly thing?

I hope my boyfriend doesn't see this :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantstop-x)
    I fail at Valentines' Day! Plus, it's the boyfriend's birthday less than a week later... So I don't want to spend *too* much, and I have no idea what to get either.

Friend of mine said girls aren't really meant to do V-Day, true or not, guys?
    I hope so, then I can get away with getting something not-that-sentimental! CD, food, maybe some form of sweet cuddly thing?

I hope my boyfriend doesn't see this :L
    I'm hardly an expert but I wouldn't really mind if my girlfriend didn't get me anything or if she got something small. If the gift means something, even if it isn't really expensive or that great, then it would be good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend have only been together for 3 weeks. He hasn't mentioned anything about Valentines day and I don't really want to go out for dinner as I think it's something serious to do too early. I don't have much money to spend so was thinking of getting him a card and cooking him dinner? Is that cheesy? What else can I get him that isn't too expensive..

ReputationRep:
    make him a massage voucher (from yourself), maybe more than one if you like. he can use it when ever he needs a massage. lol.

Or get him a take away/ home delivery if you dont usually do that.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.