Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowtipper)
    Ashram. ASHRAM.
    In case you don't remember him from Maths GCSE, Ashram was the token asian kid they always mentioned when they set up a problem involving stamps.
    :rofl:

I was doing a mock critical thinking paper the other day and the two people were called Zaynab and Lewi. Is Zaynab even a real name? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Blank Page
    It's obviously now not a blank page...Because it has blank page written on it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    It's obviously now not a blank page...Because it has blank page written on it :confused:
    Its almost as useless as this sign.

Though, that said I can sort of understand why they write "blank page" and i can see why the black pages exist in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazza558)
    Or (treading a thin line here) the overuse of names from different ethnicities throughout the whole paper in the interests of being politically correct.

Exactly.
    :rofl: too true i dont see why they feel the need to do that. Its also very common in textbooks. I dont know whether they're trying to make peoples lives easier or harder.

i hate any questions to do with graphs and interpreting them. I also hate the first page that is supposed to have 'useful' information. I either forget to use it or the info doesnt apply to questions in the paper, it should be ' useful answers' :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hard question at the end that absolutely no one but that one boy that knows nothing in life but to study can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizz*****)

I was doing a mock critical thinking paper the other day and the two people were called Zaynab and Lewi. Is Zaynab even a real name? :confused:
    yh it is just random though

ReputationRep:
    the Blank Page and definately the rediulous amount of effort gone into finding the names of maths cultures. there are no bog standard names anymore....poor Tom, **** and Harry....lol...so PC they've fotgotten about Britain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howells)
    Welsh exams seem to have an obsession with someone called Twm :p:
    I was just going to say that!
    Instead of the multicultural names in Welsh exams, all they do is put odd welsh names in.

Im my science GCSE in year 10 there was a question starting "Polly put the kettle on".
    I think the real test was wether you could resist the urge to laugh/sing the song and not get thrown out of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Blank page!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    I was just going to say that!
    Instead of the multicultural names in Welsh exams, all they do is put odd welsh names in.

Im my science GCSE in year 10 there was a question starting "Polly put the kettle on".
    I think the real test was wether you could resist the urge to laugh/sing the song and not get thrown out of the exam.
    Haha, I would soo laugh :p:

ReputationRep:
    The "Suggest" or "Apply your knowledge" questions. If I haven't been taught it, how do you expect me to know the ANSWER!?

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic, but this question always gets me. It was used in Nazi textbooks

1. The construction of a lunatic asylum costs 6 million RM. How many houses at 15,000 RM each could have been built for that amount?

2. To keep a mentally ill person costs approx. 4 RM per day, a cripple 5.50 RM, a criminal 3.50 RM. Many civil servants receive only 4 RM per day, white collar employees barely 3.50 RM, unskilled workers not even 2 RM per head for their families. (a) Illustrate these figures with a diagram. According to conservative estimates there are 300,000 mentally ill, epileptics, etc. in care. (b) How much do these people cost to keep in total, at a cost of 4 RM per head? (c) How many marriage loans at 1000 RM each … could be granted from this money?
    Back on topic... I always loved the ones in GCSE science that started with "This question is about ideas and evidence in Science." It was always the same answer!

ReputationRep:
    You know the pages that say blank page please do not write on this page is anyone else always tempted to write, OK

ReputationRep:
    "Barbra is going to France to stay with her pen friend..". Seemed to be rather common during standard grade French!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cowtipper)
    Ashram. ASHRAM.
    In case you don't remember him from Maths GCSE, Ashram was the token asian kid they always mentioned when they set up a problem involving stamps.

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know what the worst statement is but the best is definitley

END OF QUESTIONS

...aaand breathe :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pudlump)
    You know the pages that say blank page please do not write on this page is anyone else always tempted to write, OK
    Lool yeah!

In my maths exam last summer there was a question about x=ky or something, I never got it and have already erased it from my mind. Anyway, I had a good go at it, scribbled it out, ran out of room, then just wrote EH? over all my workings out. Still got an A though!

And I drew a big picture of a flower on the back of my PSE paper, writing next to it "Please do not mark this, unless you also happen to be my Art examiner".

They amused me during exams anyway :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pudlump)
    I heard of somebody once nearly losing their exam for writing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavlik)
    Also, if it's any kind of competition, like who got the most marks in a test, then 'Jennifer' or 'Imran' always do better than 'Sid'.
    haha! that's class!

ReputationRep:
    I always think
    "BLANK PAGE"
    followed by
    "PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ON THIS PAGE"
    Is better. It's just.. so tempting..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.