Best Stand Up Comedian? Watch

Stratocaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Christien)
Bill Hicks, Bill Hicks, a thousand times BILL HICKS
It's such a shame more people haven't heard his routines.

On another note, going to see Ross Noble for the second time this Friday. Can't wait!
Crashface
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Stewart Lee mentioned here is a great stand-up, but his TV show was somehow rubbish. Just didn't work.
Darkel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bill Hicks
Sam Kinison
Richard Pryor
Doug Stanhope
George Carlin
Lenny Bruce
Denis Leary

Basically anyone too talented to ever appear on Mock the Week
Darkel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Crashface)
Stewart Lee mentioned here is a great stand-up, but his TV show was somehow rubbish. Just didn't work.
His TV show was just his material from his 2005 stand-up, which was extended with filler.
Diabla
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Stratocaster)
On another note, going to see Ross Noble for the second time this Friday. Can't wait!
I'm seeing him for the third time on Wednesday

How was he?
Stratocaster
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awesome as usual!

Although there was a family in the front row who thought they were the comedians and were attention seeking during the first half. Ross paid them a bit too much attention sometimes.

Still, it was a great gig.
Crashface
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Darkel)
His TV show was just his material from his 2005 stand-up, which was extended with filler.
Yes, mainly, but the delivery came across really arrogantly and smug, against the audience, whereas in stand up the audience feels on-side with him.
Darkel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Crashface)
Yes, mainly, but the delivery came across really arrogantly and smug, against the audience, whereas in stand up the audience feels on-side with him.
I don't think so. He pointed out numerous times that the audience was "liberal" and "cosmopolitan", a group of people that would understand his humour, and agree with his points.
aimzdy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dylan moran, Chris Rock and im not sure if he counts as stand up comedy as he sings but Stephen Lynch (the guy is hilarious)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed