University of Sunderland - Applicants and Current Student Chat Watch

Belltcm
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Anyone in Sunderland?

Could you tell me what is Sundrland University like? I just got the offer for MSc Pharmacotherapy and Medicines Management. I really love this major but have no idea about this university. My BSc is Natrual Medicine(Traditional Chinese Medicine).

Thanks a lot your reply.

Warm regards
RamocitoMorales
Badges: 21
Report 9 years ago
If you liked it, then it is a good choice.
Belltcm
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RamocitoMorales)
If you liked it, then it is a good choice.
Thanks a lot for your advice. Right now, I am still waiting for the information from Bangor and Surrey which are both for Public Health. Public Health is my favourite. Whatever, thanks a lot to Sunderland.

Thanks again for your reply. I love here, it make me feel home.

Good luck everyone.
raindance
Report 9 years ago
i didn't even know sunderland had a uni lol
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by raindance)
Yeah. I said the same with Huddersfield too.
Belltcm
Report 9 years ago
For the most, YES. That is the reason why I have no idea to study there, although the programme is great.

Need more confidence and information to be there.

Thanks again.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Most decent size cities will have a university even if it's only the former polytechnics (which is Sunderland's case). Most major cities have at least two.

To the OP? Just a few kinds words, can you please try and keep this to one thread and not post so many (especially forums like General Discussion that have nothing to do with universities). Hopefully this thread will be merged with the one you've made in the International Lounge and then moved to postgraduate. Thanks.

Sunderland isn't one of the country's strongest universities but I do hear that they are strong in your area. They are also investing a fair amount in new facilities and campus developments (but then so are most unis :p: ). The city itself isn't the most vibrant but fortunately there's the more famous Newcastle nearby for real culture and entertainment :awesome:

Apart from that I have nothing more to add really. I hope you receive a satisfactory answer but Sunderland isn't the most represented university in these fora, especially not at postgrad level. Most thread remain ignored,
Belltcm
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by River85)
Most decent size cities will have a university even if it's only the former polytechnics (which is Sunderland's case). Most major cities have at least two.

To the OP? Just a few kinds words, can you please try and keep this to one thread and not post so many (especially forums like General Discussion that have nothing to do with universities). Hopefully this thread will be merged with the one you've made in the International Lounge and then moved to postgraduate. Thanks.

Sunderland isn't one of the country's strongest universities but I do hear that they are strong in your area. They are also investing a fair amount in new facilities and campus developments (but then so are most unis :p: ). The city itself isn't the most vibrant but fortunately there's the more famous Newcastle nearby for real culture and entertainment :awesome:

Apart from that I have nothing more to add really. I hope you receive a satisfactory answer but Sunderland isn't the most represented university in these fora, especially not at postgrad level. Most thread remain ignored,
Thank you so much for your reply.

I am really new here and sorry to make this topic to be two thread. Again, I love here so much, it makes me like back home.

The information is now enough for me to make the decidision. I had better wait for the information from Bangor and Surrey and just lay Sunderland aside.

Speechless, best regards to everyone here.

Have a nice day!
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It certainly isn't as well respected as other North East Uni's.

The List goes:

Durham
Newcastle
Northumbria
Sunderland & Teesside.

This isn't to say its not a good uni though. As a matter of fact, based on the Sunday Times rankings (not everyone likes league tables so don't soley base your choice on these) Northumbria, Teesside and Sunderland are usually seperated by about 7 places.
Belltcm
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nick_000)
It certainly isn't as well respected as other North East Uni's.

The List goes:

Durham
Newcastle
Northumbria
Sunderland & Teesside.

This isn't to say its not a good uni though. As a matter of fact, based on the Sunday Times rankings (not everyone likes league tables so don't soley base your choice on these) Northumbria, Teesside and Sunderland are usually seperated by about 7 places.
Thank you so much for your reply. Actually, I do not care about the Ranking on Times. I just chose a place to pursue my faveriout major-Medicine.

Based on all the replies above, I can make the decision now and it is all because of your help.

Thanks a lot!!!
kirsty142
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am going to Sunderland this year, went to the open day and was v impressed with it. Can't wait now:woo:
jarralisa
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bluerown)
Got acceptedconditionally for art and design =)
What course?
bexicle89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, I am at Sunderland!
The uni is split between two campuses, City Campus(in the city) and St.Peters(north of the river wear in Roker):

As a pharmacology student you will most likely be studying at City Campus which is in the process of a multi million pound renovation, including a new sports centre for the 2012 Olympic training.

The Times calls Uni of Sunderland 'The UK's best improving ex-poly'
Also has been voted the Times 'Best university for the student experience, as voted by students'.
Belltcm
Report 9 years ago
Thank you so much for your reply.

Right now, I can not make the decision if Sunderland is my first choice, as Queen Margaret offers a place for me to pursue the MSc in Public Health Nutrition.
SquashPlaya
Report 9 years ago
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Edinburgh for Law? Am I the only one??
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Youd be based at city campus which is as said above being refurbished, more specific question would probabily get you a better answer personnally i find the night life a hit bland but yuou are a short metro ride from newcastle. The labs etc are ok and the lectures are friendly.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kirsty142)
I am going to Sunderland this year, went to the open day and was v impressed with it. Can't wait now
hey what halls you moving into
moonshine_1991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SquashPlaya)
Is anyone still waiting to hear from Edinburgh for Law? Am I the only one??
I kind of am. I already have my offer but will not be able to meet it due to extenuating circumstances and e-mailed the uni with the details 2 weeks ago. They have not even acknowledged my e-mail yet.
returnofjake
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moonshine_1991)
I kind of am. I already have my offer but will not be able to meet it due to extenuating circumstances and e-mailed the uni with the details 2 weeks ago. They have not even acknowledged my e-mail yet.
Edinburgh have always been rubbish about returning my emails. You should probably call them
moonshine_1991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by returnofjake)
Edinburgh have always been rubbish about returning my emails. You should probably call them
I called last week and they said it was "being dealt with". Whatever that means!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise