do you like Uni life? Watch

*Lou*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Uni. life is great for me.
I like my courses + even though I complain when I have to study, do assignments, labs, etc. deeply inside I love it I like "to learn", I like going to lectures, etc.
I like living in halls, the fact of living alone (away from my family) and taking care of myself (improved my cooking skills ).
I've met loads of new people, made friends. I like all the parties and silly things we did (doesn't include heavy drinking). I love our campus gym and all the sports activities that the Uni has to offer.

The bad things at the beginning were my very poor cooking skills (the food was "eww" ) and some complications with doing laundry and cleaning my room.
Of course I met also some very nasty people, but eventually I learned who are my friends and who aren't. There were some professors that I had troubles with and a bit "depressed" days come, but in overall my Uni. experience is great.
Too bad is getting to an end (1 semester left), but I'm looking forward to the postgrad.
guitargirl03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like uni life. I don't like the stressful part of it, i.e. assignments and exams and juggling a part-time job with work, but I do like learning a subject which I enjoy. I also like the freedom and the independence. However, I've been at uni since 2006 and still have 2 more years to go so I am looking forward to finishing.
*Supernova*
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the whole I really like uni life. I like the independence, meeting new and interesting people, doing my own thing, learning more about subjects I love, the fact we don't have to get a 9-5 job for another few years, most of my tutors and the fact I'm part of a relatively small department, the fact that no two days are the same, being able to choose my own hours as it were, all the opportunities at university and the ridiculously long holidays. :p:
Gaylei
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aww some one pos repped me for a post in this thread because I cheered them up! but they didnt leave their name so thanks to who ever it was!

Its different for everyone at uni but uni is totaly what you make it! If you go there thinking that its not going to be good then its mostly not going to be good! but if you go and grab the bull by the horns then you will have a good time!

I even enjoyed some of my lectures! my lecturer was so cool!! If anyone went to chester and had Brian from the health Studies program then they know what I mean! he was sooo funnny!

Yeah there were times when it was hard! Exams/coursework/ Dissertation but they were just small moments mixed in with good times! good friends, great nights out and a whole load of fun!! Of all the times I can remeber only a few are sad/boring/rubbish!

ENJOY UNI ITS AMAZING!! HAHAHAHA
alispam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
I'd love to be able to cycle round Ox everyday without fear of being run down,
You've never cycled in ox have you? :nah:
caffee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bringitonhome)
This is making me look forward to uni
Dont let it put you off, remember that a lot of people might have looked for the student room to find other people who aren't enjoying uni, or to post problems they have with uni. People who luuuuurve uni arn't necessarily going to be on the student room feeling miserable but out there and having a good time!
At the end of the day, just go with no expectations and you should have a blast. 99% of students do after all!! :yep:
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alispam)
You've never cycled in ox have you? :nah:
no, though I did learn to drive there, you may have a point......
LA_0909
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love uni life, as per usual it has it's highs and it's lows, but everything in life does.

I love the independance, being in control of your own life and not having people on your back the whole time. I like the more relaxed workload, having a day off midweek and living in London has always been my dream (even if I am in the ever-so-slightly-dodgy area of King's Cross). I love the friends I have made, even though one person has turned out to be not quite what she seems. I am enjoying my course for the most part and even enjoying maths when I hated it in school. I like how I can pop home really easily when I do need to and I love the London nightlife.

All in all it's pretty amazing. I hope no-one gets down about impending university when they read this, because everyone's experiences are different and you won't enjoy every single moment of uni, but you will, most probably have some great experiences and meet some fantastic people.
SaintCaz#5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's ok. Better than a full time job, but then not all it's cracked up to be!
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's very stressful and tiring, but I love it really
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise