Turn on thread page Beta

If someone you had just met asked you if you were a virgin would you tell them? watch

ReputationRep:
    to keep there pointy beak out.

ReputationRep:
    I would say "you horny douche!"

Someone never asked me that question but few people asked me about my significant other. Odd.

ReputationRep:
    it depends who the person is.

ReputationRep:
    Ill just say "What's it to you?"

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin at 22 and tbh I have no issue telling people if that issue comes up! Most of my friends know I am and I openly tell people that I'd plan on waiting till mr right comes along. :p: It's not embarassing at all and tbh I'd far rather tell people that than have to tell them I'd slept with a dozen guys at that age. At worst they'll just think 'oh it's coz she's so rank'. :rolleyes:. i certainly dont see long-term virgin status as something to be proud about but equally it certainly isn't something to feel bad about.
    Argh I'm obviously talking with refernce to your mates; not weird guys or randoms :p:

ReputationRep:
    A comparitive stranger did ask me that once - he had just started going out with a friend of mine and he wanted to make sure I knew that they were having sex. :rolleyes: So he started going on about his favourite type of condoms and then asked if I was a virgin in a way that implied that if I was, I would obviously have no idea what a condom was.

15 year old boys are idiots!

(Incidentally, I answered his question and then let him know that it was inappropriate.)

ReputationRep:
    Why not? If they asked...I'm talking about during a reasonable convo though. Not just like 'oi love, you 'ad sex yet?'.

ReputationRep:
    Depending on who asks / how they ask my reply varies between.

"Yeps. I am" and "Yes. And I'm not looking to change it any time soon!"

Don't see the point in avoiding the question. Does one of two things:
    1) Makes you seem ashamed of who you are
    2) Makes them even more intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    I was, but your mum took care of it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, depends on the context.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and I have done. Don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    I would say, 'yes...why?' and carry on the conversation from there. If 'are you a virgin?' were their first words to me, then I wouldn't reply and in certain other awkward situations e.g. in the middle of a medical exam, I again wouldn't reply.
    Otherwise, I think it'd actually lead to interesting conversations, assuming the person asking wasn't a complete weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it really matters, so yes, I would tell them. But it seems stupid if they're going to make judgements on me because I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    in certain other awkward situations e.g. in the middle of a medical exam, I again wouldn't reply.
    In a med exam:
    "Psssst.... EskimoJo! Question 4... are you a virgin?"
    "Go away!"
    "That's the question! "Is EskimoJo a virgin?!" "

Sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    When i was a virgin, if someone asked, i told them i was one, i didnt care really :p: I remember at the bus stop waiting for the college bus once, some girl called me a "S L U T" and in retaliation i shouted "Well to be one of those, i would have to have slept around quite a bit, and since im a VIRGIN you cant actually insult me with that statement" i didnt care who heard, and everyone ended up laughing at the girl who insulted me, because she was STUPID lol

I say I am, even though I'm not.
    Just because people are quite judgmental if you say yeah. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicideCommando)
    I say I am, even though I'm not.
    Just because people are quite judgmental if you say yeah. :/
    Your 17 though, its not as if its unusual to have had sex at your age. Why are you ashamed of it? I hate all these ******** double standards. Girls are not "****s". If two people want to have consenting sexual intercourse wtf does it have to do with anyone else? Unless one of them is in a relationship or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somebody)
    In a med exam:
    "Psssst.... EskimoJo! Question 4... are you a virgin?"
    "Go away!"
    "That's the question! "Is EskimoJo a virgin?!" "

Sorry :o:
    Lol! I actually meant a medical exam at a GP or something, as in:

'Doctor, doctor, I've hurt my arm!'
    'Well let's see here, bend it as far as you can now before it hurts.'
    'Ouch! It's starting to hurt now.'
    'I see.... so, are you a virgin?' :lolwut:

Or any other situation where I already feel vulnerable. e.g. when in the back of a taxi on my own.

(Original post by Abhead)
    Your 17 though, its not as if its unusual to have had sex at your age. Why are you ashamed of it? I hate all these ******** double standards. Girls are not "****s". If two people want to have consenting sexual intercourse wtf does it have to do with anyone else? Unless one of them is in a relationship or something.
    Oh no, I'm not ashamed of it. I just don't like people thinking I'm easy, cos I'm actually frigid as phuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Lol! I actually meant a medical exam at a GP or something, as in:

'Doctor, doctor, I've hurt my arm!'
    'Well let's see here, bend it as far as you can now before it hurts.'
    'Ouch! It's starting to hurt now.'
    'I see.... so, are you a virgin?' :lolwut:

Or any other situation where I already feel vulnerable. e.g. when in the back of a taxi on my own.

Ahhhh, I get you now!

It's the end of Jan exams at my uni, so I have exams on the brain I think :o:

But I think I'd be rather freaked out as well if I got asked in those sort of situations!
    But in a more social situation if it came up, I'd have no problem answering really. Unless they were overly pervy or creepy...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.