What's the point of living when we're all gonna die? Watch

This discussion is closed.
England Captain
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
Thomas Hobbes, from the book "Leviathan".

:smartass:
damn, I was wrong then.
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mayh3m)
You're an idiot.
& you haven't proved yourself of anything other than that, either.
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by gyyy2807)
Because life is so short, we should cherish it and live EVERYday to the full. I'm sure everyone else on this forum would want to enjoy life as much as they can and would rather NOT die.
why would you want to do that when you know you're gonna die?

this is why suicidial people are heroes, they realise life is not worth it, because everyone is gonna die

can't believe enthunasia/suicide is illegal is most countries - one knife and you're dead - how are you gonna stop that?

and anyway, the good thing about this is that the police aren't gonna put you to prison! :rolleyes:

yeah, live life to the full - everyone commit crime, if you don't want to get caught, jump off a bridge, simple as
purple clouds
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
tbh, I think everyone should get a shovel and dig their way to death - hand over yourself to hell! :evil:
are you going to do that anytime soon?
stop telling people to die maaaaaann
DrVas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So we can Live.

If you want to die, then be my guest.

And sooner or later you will realise that No onje gives a ****.
im so academic
(Original post by carrotboy)
I'm living because I want to see if you're actually gonna get into oxbridge. If you do, i'll die, if you don't, i'll live and then create another goal.
deal

:rolleyes:
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Because it's good while it lasts. Mostly.
im so academic
(Original post by DrVas)
So we can Live.

If you want to die, then be my guest.

And sooner or later you will realise that No onje gives a ****.
wow! :rolleyes:

so we can live - how ironic is that

and after we live, what happens? oh yes - we turn into a talking dog and live in fairy world! yes, that's worth living - let's get physical!!!!!!!!
iceandfire
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Cos we don't have much choice unless we want to die so much we actually kill ourselves. Life is supposed to be fun - on average more good than bad anyway. If it isn't, there really doesn't seem to be much point, does there?
hxmjam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Someone might as well create a superbomb that destroys the whole planet - speeds up death quicker. Because, well, what's the point, we're all gonna die soon enough - might as well speed up the process.

Your views?
What's the point in living if you're going to spend your life making stupid, pointless threads like this?
she
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The point of living is reproduction because evolution has made us want to live, want to have sex, and natural selection has given us the urge to reproduce. No one ever said there was a purpose.
im so academic
(Original post by iceandfire)
Cos we don't have much choice unless we want to die so much we actually kill ourselves. Life is supposed to be fun - on average more good than bad anyway. If it isn't, there really doesn't seem to be much point, does there?
really?

recession, debt, war, violence, crime, global warming, taxes, rules, laws... etc

life isn't fun - have you ever watch BBC News 24? seriously, it's all about gaza and war - not fun, unless you are Bin Laden
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thomas Hobbes, from the book "Leviathan".

:smartass:
Well done. If you didn't just google that then I'm impressed.

(Original post by England Captain)
Schopenhauer?
:nope: beaten by im so academic :p:

It should be said that Hobbes thought this was the life of man in the state of nature, not the civilised state.

There's so much to life. Imagine never experiencing lifes small pleasure. Freshly cut grass on a summers day, the sound of a child's laughter etc. let alone love, travel...life is for exploring, take the chance while you've got it.
im so academic
(Original post by hxmjam)
What's the point in living if you're going to spend your life making stupid, pointless threads like this?
What's the point in living if you're going to spend your life making stupid, pointless posts like that one?
mayh3m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SuicideCommando)
& you haven't proved yourself of anything other than that, either.
I was joking! Jeez. Lighten up.

(Original post by Encyclopaedia Britannica)
There is no generally definition of life.
(Original post by Carl Jung)
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existance is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being
No there is no universal point. Life is what we make it, be it for love, fame, fortune or anything the heart desires.
hxmjam
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
really?

recession, debt, war, violence, crime, global warming, taxes, rules, laws... etc

life isn't fun - have you ever watch BBC News 24? seriously, it's all about gaza and war - not fun, unless you are Bin Laden
He said 'supposed'.
edanon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is no point to life... so how can you argue that we should kill ourselves now? There is no reason for it. We will die one day anyway... so if you like the idea of dying then thats always there for you... in the mean time we can have FUN and be happy without there being a point to it all.
hxmjam
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's the point in living if you're going to spend your life making stupid, pointless posts like that one?
So I can say that to people who make threads like this, it's how I get my kicks in life.
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by she)
The point of living is reproduction because evolution has made us want to live, want to have sex, and natural selection has given us the urge to reproduce. No one ever said there was a purpose.
I knew someone would try to be clever and say this.

So the people who don't want children are leading purposeless lives I guess? They are genetically subpar, right? :rolleyes:

Reproduction is not the purpose of life.
silkman
Report 9 years ago
Sex, drugs and Rock & Roll. Im going to go clubbing tonight and enjoy it like its my last night out ever.

Live life while u can and then you can spend the rest of eternity dead, if you want to think like that. Very morbid and pessimistic.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads