Anyone for History? Watch

Eklipz89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if there are any coming up?
ive just moved houses so if they sent any letters sent that include the dates, I wont have gotten them
Luce...
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Eklipz89)
if there are any coming up?
ive just moved houses so if they sent any letters sent that include the dates, I wont have gotten them
I think they've all gone now.
But if you email the department or something I'm sure you could go visit anyway..
jessieb
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Luce...)
Lucky you...I got rejected from Bristol really early on, so hopefully it should be good news for you!!!
And I know what you mean about it getting annoying, Edinburgh kept me waiting for aaaaaaaaages!

Ummm, at the moment Im heading towards Renaissance history...but Im being really really really indecisive! You?
Bristol rejected me anyway so I think I will just put an AAA insurance or have nothing!! Yeah I'm headin towards Rennaissance, but am a bit unsure and can see a couple of potential problems that might sway me... I think I might be going to Venice sometime for a weekend to see what its like which would be amazing and will tell me if its a place I'd like to live in for a term!
Luce...
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessieb)
Bristol rejected me anyway so I think I will just put an AAA insurance or have nothing!! Yeah I'm headin towards Rennaissance, but am a bit unsure and can see a couple of potential problems that might sway me... I think I might be going to Venice sometime for a weekend to see what its like which would be amazing and will tell me if its a place I'd like to live in for a term!
That's a good plan...
I'm just slightly worried about the language part... I have no problems reading and writing...just speaking scares me!!
I don't know...I ll just have to wait and see.
glitterprincess_8
Report 9 years ago
Out of interest, how many of you have done language A-levels, or have some experience with the language you're going to learn? I'm a bit worried about the language modules since all I have is a french GCSE.
Luce...
Rep:
?
(Original post by glitterprincess_8)
Out of interest, how many of you have done language A-levels, or have some experience with the language you're going to learn? I'm a bit worried about the language modules since all I have is a french GCSE.
All I have is GCSE French too so don't worry!
I think I'm going to try and start a completely new language...I don't think I could take any more French!
From what people have said anyway, if you do the modern stream, the language element is mainly used for souce translation..so hopefully shouldn't be too bad!
Eklipz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
language module?? wtf
I got a D in my GCSE language lmao...
glitterprincess_8
Report 9 years ago
All I have is GCSE French too so don't worry!
I think I'm going to try and start a completely new language...I don't think I could take any more French!
From what people have said anyway, if you do the modern stream, the language element is mainly used for souce translation..so hopefully shouldn't be too bad!
Oh ok, that's good to know! Yeah I think I'm going to take up Italian, I know I'll be awful at it but if it's mainly for source translation than i'm sure I can struggle through!
Luce...
Rep:
?
Oh ok, that's good to know! Yeah I think I'm going to take up Italian, I know I'll be awful at it but if it's mainly for source translation than i'm sure I can struggle through!
I was thinking about Italian too.
Its nice to know that everyone else won't be some kind of language genius!
Im hoping that I can just fight my way through it, and hopefully it won't be terrible. Fingers crossed!
Cessie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't worry about the languages guys! If you do modern stream you have like one hour or two hours per week (single session) and you are split into post-GCSE and post-A level. It's generally seperate from the history course and you just do like translations and stuff. In the exam you get a dictionary. I came out with a first in the module both years 1 & 2 (I was post A level French)! In year 2 we had to use it to do a literature report which gets added on to you core module as bonus points.
Luce...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cessie)
Don't worry about the languages guys! If you do modern stream you have like one hour or two hours per week (single session) and you are split into post-GCSE and post-A level. It's generally seperate from the history course and you just do like translations and stuff. In the exam you get a dictionary. I came out with a first in the module both years 1 & 2 (I was post A level French)! In year 2 we had to use it to do a literature report which gets added on to you core module as bonus points.
Just wondering, do you think people starting a language from scratch are at a disadvantage?
jessieb
Report 9 years ago
Just wondering, do you think people starting a language from scratch are at a disadvantage?
I only have GCSE French too and will probs be starting Italian from scratch!!! xxx
Luce...
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessieb)
I only have GCSE French too and will probs be starting Italian from scratch!!! xxx
Oooo another GCSE French person thinking about Italian...there's a nice little group of us now!
I feel a lot better now about this whole language thing!
glitterprincess_8
Report 9 years ago
Oooo another GCSE French person thinking about Italian...there's a nice little group of us now!
I feel a lot better now about this whole language thing!
I'm glad there's a few other people in the same boat! At the open day it seemed like everybody had language A-Levels. Do you both want to take Italian so you can do the Renaissance stream?
Luce...
Rep:
?
I'm glad there's a few other people in the same boat! At the open day it seemed like everybody had language A-Levels. Do you both want to take Italian so you can do the Renaissance stream?
I know! Someone was actually like, I think the language course will be too easy for me. I was like :eek:

And possibly thinking about Renaissance stream...I fancy something new and I cannot stand anymore French!!
Eklipz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im dreading the language element of the degree. I never knew you needed it as such. How they thought my GCSE French would be any help if beyond me =/
Luce...
Rep:
?
Im dreading the language element of the degree. I never knew you needed it as such. How they thought my GCSE French would be any help if beyond me =/
This is why I'm starting a new language.
I was god awful at French. XD
Eklipz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is why I'm starting a new language.
I was god awful at French. XD
so your able to start a new language there or is it something your doing before you start the course?
I failed French - miserably
Luce...
Rep:
?
so your able to start a new language there or is it something your doing before you start the course?
I failed French - miserably
You can take Italian or Spanish from scratch.
And they teach French and German from post A Level or post GCSE standard.
Take a look here:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/h...ons/languages/
Eklipz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Spanish woot woot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise