Turn on thread page Beta

Charterhouse or Cheltenham Ladies’College? watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear Evita,thank you very much for all your advices.They are really very useful to me.

After read your suggestions I decided to change my choices of A-level.You are right, politics and government is very useful to Law.

But,the biggest question is which subject I will drop out?

1.Charterhouse gives me Maths and Physics exhibitions so I can not drop out them.
    2.Economics is really interesting and useful.
    3.I am good at further maths.It is easy for me.

I can’t decide it.

Please give me more suggestions.Thank you.

PS:Charterhouse only allow me study 4 subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digz)
    Do you go to Cheltenham ladies? If not, where? I may live in London now...but I do miss J's vodka bar!
    No, I go to Swansea University but i'm from Cheltenham. I couldn't get into there anyway cuz im male, could always try cross dressing. I do come back for the weekend though and often go in J's Vodka bar. So......See you in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Hi,everybody!
    May I have a question?
    Charterhouse and Cheltenham Ladies’College,which one do you think is better?
    I will study in one of them next year,but I can not decide which one I will choose.(I am a Chinese.)
    Thank you for your help!)
    ^_^
    Eenie, meenie miny mo, yep...thats the one, I'd chose that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Eenie, meenie miny mo, yep...thats the one, I'd chose that one.
    id go to eton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueballs)
    id go to eton
    you are there you pleb!

ReputationRep:
    I know someone at Charterhouse who went there because apparently they're quite good if you want to play soccer. Not really relevant, but anyway

ReputationRep:
    'Scuse me butting in! but Is CLC ever going CoEd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    This is an interesting and completely true fact.

Cheltenham Ladies College girls are not allowed electric tooth brushes... one can imagine why and yup, that is the reason.
    Lol, haven't heard that one before ;-) I go to Cheltenham ladies and although we have all heard that lil story too (and mobile phones on vibrate!!) we are allowed electric toothbrushes...although they do take phones away at nights!!!

P.S. dont think we r goin co-ed n e time in the near future

ReputationRep:
    my friend who is doing medicine went to cheltenham, and she's dead posh and clever, and rich too.

so i'd go to cheltenham.

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Another South East Asian social climber wanting to come to a good school in England. There is an endless amount of these fellows. Never understood the obsession really, but hey thats the 'eton dream' for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esie)
    'Scuse me butting in! but Is CLC ever going CoEd?
    In a word, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    In a word, no.
    If the intake slumps it will have to. All the top boys schools which had slumps in intake had to accomodate girls. But obviously it aint going to happen anytime soon. Something like a scandal could leave the school with intake problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    If the intake slumps it will have to. All the top boys schools which had slumps in intake had to accomodate girls. But obviously it aint going to happen anytime soon. Something like a scandal could leave the school with intake problems.
    There is always going to be a requirement for girls' schools because of some parents' wishes for their daughters to live only with other girls. CLC has such a rich heritage too I can't see it ever going. If it did we'd be the first to know because St Hilda's and CLC have the same governors and were both founded by Miss Beale.

ReputationRep:
    Thereis always going to be a requirement for girls' schools. CLC has such a rich heritage too I can't see it ever going. If it did we'd be the first to know because St Hilda's and CLC have the same governors and were both founded by Miss Beale.
    Fair play but I'd say in 100 years or so it will be co-ed, possibly less.

Westholme near us in Bburn has just gone co-ed, and that gets very good results and certainly doesnt suffer from intake problems.

ReputationRep:
    Fair play but I'd say in 100 years or so it will be co-ed, possibly less.

Westholme near us in Bburn has just gone co-ed, and that gets very good results and certainly doesnt suffer from intake problems.
    Has it??? I didn't know that. I knew the junior school had boys in it already. My old school (QM in Lytham) mixed with the boys' school (King Ed VII) but it was a really unpopular decision apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Has it??? I didn't know that. I knew the junior school had boys in it already. My old school (QM in Lytham) mixed with the boys' school (King Ed VII) but it was a really unpopular decision apparently.
    Well I dont think it has boys at Westholme school now, but the idea is to bring them through the years like you said from the junior school to the seniors. My sisters friend goes there, I had to laugh at their blazer, its purple

I've been to KES on a few occasions, they wernt bad one year but we usually whipped them. Yeah I heard they have sold the QM building which was unpopular and sold land or something. I like Lytham, its a good place to get drunk in My friend lives there and we had muchos fun playing on the sand dunes once, although I hear during the summer there is er 'activities' of a sexual nature within the dunes lol.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, don't know about 'dune activities'!!! I only went there for a term at the start of year 7 (and it was before the merger) so I suppose I can't really say it was my old school. I really hated it as well. Soooooo glad I decided to leave. I went to a girls' comprehensive after that and it was the best decision I ever made. QM was pretty but the atmosphere just wasn't for me.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, don't know about 'dune activities'!!! I only went there for a term at the start of year 7 (and it was before the merger) so I suppose I can't really say it was my old school. I really hated it as well. Soooooo glad I decided to leave. I went to a girls' comprehensive after that and it was the best decision I ever made. QM was pretty but the atmosphere just wasn't for me.

Hehe:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/la...OLNEWS0ZM.html

ReputationRep:
    Hehe:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/la...OLNEWS0ZM.html
    Lol I have to say I didn't know about that. And clearly it's nothing to do with the school. Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I have to say I didn't know about that. And clearly it's nothing to do with the school. Ahem.
    There is similar activities where I live to, both gay and straight. I live in the middle of nowhere and its a place people go walking and riding so there is a small car park. When I go for runs at night there is often a couple 'at it', its disgusting. My mate suffers from the same problem near Longridge.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.