to those of you with body worries Watch

Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by forsaken_earth)
There are many boys who feel the same way.
Also, I have never met anyone with serious body dismorphia issues that blamed their problems on celebrity culture.
I'm not saying people are blaming it on that but it is influencing the way people think such that they believe you have to be super skinny to be attractive and if you're not then you're fat. It's bull****.
whitepearlbaby
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
ok after reading way too many threads about peoples insecurities I have decided to share.

I have
-fat legs
-fat belly
-fat arms
-fat everywhere else
-saggy boobs
-stretch marks
-scars from accidents, self harm and abuse
-shortness
-unwanted body hair the majority of the time
-a slightly hooked nose
-braces
-uncared for hair
-half a double chin

and you know what? men like me naked.

You know why? because I am female, and I'm naked. simple as.

stop worrying. get naked. await worship.
I'm almost the same, let me just change your list a slight bit to fit for me:

I have
-fat legs
-fat belly
-fat arms
-fat everywhere else
-tiny boobs
-stretch marks
-scars from accidents
-a very hooked nose
-half a double chin

Okay I'm not fat, flabby would be a more suitable word I guess
MattHummer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by gingerrama)
Judging by that comment and your avatar, I would say you're all mouth and no trousers.
judging by your comment and your self righteousness, i would say you should buy me some trousers.
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 9 years ago
-half a double chin
Surely half a double chin is just a normal chin? :p:

But yes, I absolutely agree with the original posted, well said.
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
I second that motion :P You can perv on me too, got a pic in my profile.
You look like Captain Jack Harkness :o:
hbandtr4eva
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have
- fat legs
- fat belly
- huge hips that aren't in proportion to the rest of me
- hairy arms
- stretch marks on my hips/tops of legs
- cellulite
- scars from accidents and a scar from having my nubbin removed
- short-sightedness
- unwanted body hair the majority of the time
- hair that is neither properly wavey, or straight
- gigantic eyebrows
- spots on my forehead/hairline and between my boobs because of medication

I feel pretty fat the majority of the time but I'm starting to learn to love myself...
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by tommm)
Surely half a double chin is just a normal chin? :p:
I thought this after I posted it :p:
I have a double chin half the time, so I have a part time double chin.

and ditto to the girl with the cellulite, I forgot that too since I don't see those parts of myself very often!
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love you Kat <3 You always make me smile!

In relation to the topic, it always frustrates me to read all those threads about 'will a guy like me even though...' - it drives me crazy.
I've always been body-concious, I've always been unhappy with how I look - so I made a decision to be single until I've got my head (and body) under control. If I can't love myself, who will? And, tbh, I reckon that was the best decision of my life. I could easily have given in and slept with my first boyfriend with the light off, making sure he didn't see me naked - but I wouldn't have been true to myself. Instead, I've remained single and a virgin until I know in my heart of hearts that I'm comfortable with my body and with a man seeing me how mother nature intended.

I think the problem is that people are either too quick to give in to societal pressure or not strong enough to believe they're worth better than a man who's going to make them feel anything less than beautiful. And that's a huge shame.
Lady_Kate
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so glad someone has finally come forward and said this. I to am short, fat arms, fat legs, a belly, stretch marks, black heads and many many other things, yet i love my body. And you know what, men seem to like it too.
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nobody is perfect.
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awesome thread, it's about time somebody posted this. First thing to make me smile today. :yep:
MattHummer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I love you Kat <3 You always make me smile!

In relation to the topic, it always frustrates me to read all those threads about 'will a guy like me even though...' - it drives me crazy.
I've always been body-concious, I've always been unhappy with how I look - so I made a decision to be single until I've got my head (and body) under control. If I can't love myself, who will? And, tbh, I reckon that was the best decision of my life. I could easily have given in and slept with my first boyfriend with the light off, making sure he didn't see me naked - but I wouldn't have been true to myself. Instead, I've remained single and a virgin until I know in my heart of hearts that I'm comfortable with my body and with a man seeing me how mother nature intended.

I think the problem is that people are either too quick to give in to societal pressure or not strong enough to believe they're worth better than a man who's going to make them feel anything less than beautiful. And that's a huge shame.
u mean girls that starve themselves/guys that hit the steds? i know, its a real shame. if people knew that to be attractive you just need to look healthy then the nation as a whole would be a whole lot healthier.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tbh, I'm 5"7', and have a perfectly healthy BMI of 21.8, but there's still parts of me that I don't like - my thighs are huge, my arms are flabby and my belly untoned. That's the thing, though, it's me who's got the problem with them. People tell me I look gorgeous and don't need to lose any more weight. But I don't feel happy with myself. Boys have never told me I'm fat, but I know that i need to do this for my self-esteem.

I just thought I'd give the other side of the coin - not all girls want to change themselves because of 'societal pressure'.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the way i see it, there are people out there with abnormalities, burned, scarred faces...awful things, and to worry over a fat thigh or a big nose to me when i see these people and see how confident they are when they know they look awful, puts me to shame
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by jeh_jeh)
Tbh, I'm 5"7', and have a perfectly healthy BMI of 21.8, but there's still parts of me that I don't like - my thighs are huge, my arms are flabby and my belly untoned. That's the thing, though, it's me who's got the problem with them. People tell me I look gorgeous and don't need to lose any more weight. But I don't feel happy with myself. Boys have never told me I'm fat, but I know that i need to do this for my self-esteem.

I just thought I'd give the other side of the coin - not all girls want to change themselves because of 'societal pressure'.
I have no problem with girls who want to change for themselves (I'm one of them), the thread was more a reaction to girls who are worried about mens reactions. I'm sure you've seen the mass of "will he like me even though....." threads.
ChunkymunkyDJC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
You look like Captain Jack Harkness :o:
I can't tell if thats a good or bad thing :P

On the one hand he is quite good looking in my opinion, though on the other hand he is the campest man in the UK :p:
hxx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ok after reading way too many threads about peoples insecurities I have decided to share.

I have
-fat legs
-fat belly
-fat arms
-fat everywhere else
-saggy boobs
-stretch marks
-scars from accidents, self harm and abuse
-shortness
-a slightly hooked nose
-braces
-uncared for hair
-half a double chin

and you know what? men like me naked.

You know why? because I am female, and I'm naked. simple as.

stop worrying. get naked. await worship.
Great.
It's just sad that women are so much more shallow than men. If a guy had all those things you listed he would never get laid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.83%
No (498)
72.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed