Hot girl, great personality, but she votes BNP... Watch

snipex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Shun shun shun.

If I found out a potential mate voted BNP they'd be permanently unavailable to me. We'd just be incompatible, I can't stand their racist ********.
TheMeister
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's the problem?

Unless she re-gurgitates their manifest every 10 seconds or outside mosques on a Friday, I fail to see why this should have an impact on your otherwise (seemingly) perfect relationship.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheMeister)
What's the problem?

Unless she re-gurgitates their manifest every 10 seconds or outside mosques on a Friday, I fail to see why this should have an impact on your otherwise (seemingly) perfect relationship.
Having your girlfriend support a neo nazi party sort of puts off most people (Max Mosely excepted http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...s/rolleyes.gif)
Jaquafresh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Higgy90)
wtf has your political views got to do with your personality?
thats like saying that being a vegetarian affects your ability to learn to drive :rolleyes:
you must have a very narrow definition of personality

and analogy fail
TheMeister
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Having your girlfriend support a neo nazi party sort of puts off most people (Max Mosely excepted http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...s/rolleyes.gif)
Aye, but if she mentions it on rare occasions (as otherwise the OP would have stated that she continually talks about immigration etc.) she clearly isn't proud of herself either; convince her to vote Tory!
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aye, but if she mentions it on rare occasions (as otherwise the OP would have stated that she continually talks about immigration etc.) she clearly isn't proud of herself either; convince her to vote Tory!
Not really. Extreme politics (or politics generally) affects someone's personality. Even if she keeps it to herself, he might well still feel uncomfortable going out with someone who deep down supports a load of neo nazis.
mr-breaker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
How can she have a great personality and yet hold views that you find deeply unattractive?
Well it's obvious isn't it? Look at the thread title after all.

He's prepared to overlook her dodgy politics so he can walk around with a fine-ass chick, so he can boost his ego and so he can be **** of the walk to his friends. He clearly has little (probably nothing) to do with the politics of the BNP, but because he is weak, he prevaricates.
TheMeister
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Not really. Extreme politics (or politics generally) affects someone's personality. Even if she keeps it to herself, he might well still feel uncomfortable going out with someone who deep down supports a load of neo nazis.
I agree with you to an extent; so we shall leave it at that.
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It makes you a pussy really, she sounds fun
thecoolcat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CyclopsRock)
For a thread that's largely denouncing the BNP, there's quite a large degree of bigotry here.
I'd call it intelligence :woo:
tropical-twist3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it would be unfair to shun her regardless of her views, give her a chance, if you aren't looking for anything serious then it could be unnoticeable if 'knowing' doesn't bother you. But if it is something that bothers you then ask her about it and in this conversation I think you'll find whether you still want to get involved.

(eg you might find its her parents' view passed on or she might be racist etc)
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
Great personality AND BNP voter? How does that work?

Doesn't matter, go for it, do what you want
My thoughts exactly.
JMonkey
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CyclopsRock)
For a thread that's largely denouncing the BNP, there's quite a large degree of bigotry here.
Just goes to show some forms of bigotry are acceptable. Like bigotry against Pol Pot/Mugabe/Zanu PF/Milton Keynesians or that H guy and his N word.

She may or may not be an idiot, the jury is out. But odds don't look good.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm confused. Is it alright that I no longer find her as attractive as I once did, now that she has revealed she is a BNP voter?
Meh... at least she's got the guts to take a stance one way or another, unlike you.
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by snipex)
Shun shun shun.

If I found out a potential mate voted BNP they'd be permanently unavailable to me. We'd just be incompatible, I can't stand their racist ********.
If I found out a friend would vote BNP then i'd find it very hard to stay friends with them..
wholenewworld
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What's the problem?

I can't really imagine a BNP voter being liberal with regard to other aspects to life. That can surely have an impact on a relationship.
Joluk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ask her why she votes BNP, she's probably naively following her family's political views. She's not necessarily racist scum... There's a degree of hypocrisy here, it's the same as saying 'I'm not going out with her, she's a Muslim, They're all terrorist sympathisers.'

You can't accurately assess people's personalities and views just because they vote for a particular party.
wholenewworld
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SillyFencer)
Meh... at least she's got the guts to take a stance one way or another, unlike you.

What makes you think he has no political opinions?
RoosterUK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Frodz)
How tolerant of you..........

:rolleyes:
They might be a good match, she doesn't sound all that tolerant either :p:
Norfolkadam
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
would you not enjoy all the heated political discussions?
With a friend or acquaintance, perhaps, after all my best friend is an uber-tory. I wouldn't with someone who you have to get on really well with and try and make it work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed