Turn on thread page Beta

Fit for Summer *pics* watch

Announcements

Echo the 'more calories, fats and proteins' posts.

Also +1 on the "You don't have 1.5st of fat to lose" front.

Strictly speaking, daily food logs are somewhat frowned upon in this forum. I've left yours up for the time being, as you are getting fantastic advice on where and how to improve by numerous members, but unless an improvement in your diet is seen posts detailing intake will be removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barton1)
    Ride a bike to the gym, should only take like i dunno 10 minutes? Which is nothing, especially if you got an ipod or something

Also where are the pics?! I demand pics...semi nude
    Ooooh! I meant to ask...Is cycling all that good for you compared to running cos tbh id rather cycle as long as it wasn't a total cop out....Not really being weight bearing and all.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast-2 x poached eggs and one slice brown bread with olive spread
    Snack-banana + 1 litre water
    lunch-shreddies with semi-skim milk. 2x apples
    snack-150g bio yog. diet coke
    din dins- 3 quorn suasages (180 cal), mushroom stirfry and handful of cashew nuts
    Snack-glass of milk.

ReputationRep:
    Almost forgot...I went on like a 1 hour walk, but am reallllly not up to doing much more tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Breakast-Porridge w/ semi-skim milk
    Handful of raisins
    1 litre water
    Snack-apple
    500ml diet coke
    Lunch-Mushroom soup
    handful of cashews
    Snack-Banana
    Dinner-quorn fillets (180cal)
    brocolli
    red pepper
    low fat bio yog pot (97cal)
    1 litre water

Is it gonna be ok if i have a cup of tea and frozen banana tonight?

ReputationRep:
    Fear not people! I have been sticking to my fitness thingy religiously just haven't had the time to update. Doing about 1.5-2 hours exercise a day, either running or circuits.
    Breakfast-2 scrambled eggs, 1 wholemeal toast
    snack-apple
    lunch-porridge w/ semi-skim milk, 1 banana, 2 tsp peanut butter
    snack-orange
    dinner-quorn fillets, broccoli, cabbage and mushrooooms!

Drinking about 3 litres of water a day as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoslynCarter)
    Is it gonna be ok if i have a cup of tea and frozen banana tonight?
    Ooooh I dunno careful on the calories there, what with a splash of milk (hope it's uber skimmed) and 1 whole banana.

What kind of running are you doing? Are you mixing up the distances/speed of it? i.e. some day shorter with sprints and some longer distances?

Yes, please so.

You can afford to have an extra wholesome meal a day - including a fat/protein source and vegetables. A substantial salad with fish or meat and nuts for example, or a stir-fry, or grilled meat/fish with vegetables... you get the idea.

With your activity levels you can afford to take on more calories; even eating around maintenance levels will see positive changes in body composition. Given that you're slim to start with this latter point is very important. Don't get conned into what this or that girly magazine is saying about weight-loss - usually subtract 500kcals from the average woman's recommended needs (an arbitrary 2,000, if I recall correctly). You are not the 'average' woman and moreover you exercise more than the average. Taking me as an example, any less than 3,000/day and I seem to lose weight.

Have a crack at putting your intake into a site like http://fitday.com/ and see what comes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mart1203)
    Ooooh I dunno careful on the calories there, what with a splash of milk (hope it's uber skimmed) and 1 whole banana.

What kind of running are you doing? Are you mixing up the distances/speed of it? i.e. some day shorter with sprints and some longer distances?
    About 7 miles of running. About 4 miles steady and 3 miles sprints/slow jog or walk rest. I do a lot of running drills but am not really a fan of sprinting tbh. Hows about you then!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainy)
    Yes, please so.

You can afford to have an extra wholesome meal a day - including a fat/protein source and vegetables. A substantial salad with fish or meat and nuts for example, or a stir-fry, or grilled meat/fish with vegetables... you get the idea.

With your activity levels you can afford to take on more calories; even eating around maintenance levels will see positive changes in body composition. Given that you're slim to start with this latter point is very important. Don't get conned into what this or that girly magazine is saying about weight-loss - usually subtract 500kcals from the average woman's recommended needs (an arbitrary 2,000, if I recall correctly). You are not the 'average' woman and moreover you exercise more than the average. Taking me as an example, any less than 3,000/day and I seem to lose weight.

Have a crack at putting your intake into a site like http://fitday.com/ and see what comes up.
    Ok, ill try that website later thanks, its taking an awful long time to work at the mo. Wondering....by how much will it slow my weight loss down if I eat an extra meal a day? And when do you think I should do it? Morning/evening???

ReputationRep:
    About 7 miles of running. About 4 miles steady and 3 miles sprints/slow jog or walk rest. I do a lot of running drills but am not really a fan of sprinting tbh. Hows about you then!?
    that's good. I do the occassional sprint session (usually when I'm out doing parkour), cause I train for speed/power etc and endurance training I rarely do as it's detrimental to my training goals. I do weights twice/3x a week, consisting of lots of bodyweight exercises +added weight, then parkour 1 or 2 times per week.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh jeez well here goes...
    Breakfast-porridgeand 2x teaspoons peanut butter
    snack-banana
    lunch-apple, orange 2x toast with choc spread :eek: :mad:
    snack-raspberries
    dinner-quorn chicken pieces (200 kal), brocolli, spinich
    snack-cucumber

drank about 3 litres water
    Really annoyed with myself but was really cold and hungry and just needed something sweet. Grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't feel bad at yourself for having eaten some chocolate spread. It's really not bad at all, you are allowed to eat what you like in moderation, by totally banning something you're just going to make yourself want it even more and eventually you'll go crazy. From what I've counted up from your calories you've still eaten enough to make you lose weight.

Just try not to obsess about what you're eating.. have it in the back of your mind but if you go wrong just forget about it and move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbrown)
    Please don't feel bad at yourself for having eaten some chocolate spread. It's really not bad at all, you are allowed to eat what you like in moderation, by totally banning something you're just going to make yourself want it even more and eventually you'll go crazy. From what I've counted up from your calories you've still eaten enough to make you lose weight.

Just try not to obsess about what you're eating.. have it in the back of your mind but if you go wrong just forget about it and move on
    To echo his reponse

Seriously hun, you are almost trying too hard

You don't need to/have to keep at 100%

What I will say is that, for the sake of fat-loss, it's to do with the overall picture ... don't view things in isolation

As for your choc spread, really? is it the worst thing? not like you had a whole cake to yourself

If it helps, - do two things

1. Keep to the 90% Compliance rule, i.e. if 90% of your meals are 'clean' (which yours deffo are) then you're fine.

Have a cheat meal (note - meal) least once a week, just have whatever you fancy ... it won't affect the overall fat-loss and keeps your sanity

but as I said before in your case, you are usually low in calories anyway and would probs benefit from a slight increase

ReputationRep:
    you need to up your calories a fair bit with the amount of running you are doing, it might be a good idea to load up earlier in the day, have a bit more for breakfast. A few more regular healthy snacks during the day - toast, fruit, nuts etc and perhaps the odd jacket potato with cottage cheese and some salad, would keep your body used to being fed on a regular basis so it won't start clinging onto calories for fear of being underfed

by having a long term calorie deficit you risk slowing down your metabolism

ReputationRep:
    to be fair you should be applauded for your determination on the exercise front, and you are eating healthy stuff, but you are running short on petrol in the tank at the moment

on the running side, have you been challenging yourself, timing your runs etc, trying to beat your best times?

by improving your output (physical performance), body improvement is pretty much a given

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    You don't have a bad starting point so if you get yourself aerobically fit you're going to have a hot body by the summer. Don't deprive yourself of good food too much because feeling hungry is why you give in and eat the crap, just eat healthily and workout hard, and cut the cakes, sweets and biscuits, thats a complete no no if you want to look good.
    my body's pretty good. I eat sweets and biscuits (not in abundance but I do eat them) as part of a balanced diet.

OP, imo you just need to tone up your thighs.

OH and where's your top from??? I need lacy camis like that!

OH and eat some more!! Life's too short :p: You also need more protein in their to help build up muscle/help repair with the muscle tissue that invariably gets hurt as you exercise

ReputationRep:
    snack-banana
    snack-raspberries
    snack-cucumber

Really annoyed with myself but was really cold and hungry and just needed something sweet. Grrrrr.
    I doubt you even have a thousand calories there. I feel like a broken record every time I post in fitness. You're not fat and to get to where you want to be you just really need exercise. Keep your diet relatively clean but EAT. You are eating far too little for a girl who does no exercise let alone one who does.

This is why i hate posting in this forum tbh. Between the crazy girls who eat like rabbits and the guys who eat like 5k carbs, normal people start feeling weird.

ReputationRep:
    snack-banana
    snack-raspberries
    snack-cucumber

You need to eat more. Like 500-600 calores more at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Walk to the gym, that's like 2 miles? Walking is amazing :yep:
    2 miles? Sod that, at Southside we're pissed off because the construction site means that we have to walk an extra 30 seconds. If it wasn't there it would only take 1 minute!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.