When I was about 9 I was cooking pasta (Mum's lazy, taught me to cook at a young age so she didn't have to), and splashed some onto my stomach. Having never been scalded before, I clutched my stomach, causing my t-shirt to stick to all the scalded skin. My mum had to peel off the t-shirt once I'd stopped screaming, which peeled off a lot of skin too.
At my sister's 4/5th birthday party, she had all her little friends over, and my 2 year old brother was in the room. One of the kids, who had ADHD or something and so was VERY hyper on the party food, pushed my brother into the sofa, where he cut his forehead quite badly. Mum and dad took him to A&E, he had it glued and was fine. We've always referred to it as him "cutting his head open", and we were talking about it a couple of months ago (he's now 11) and he thought he'd actually split his skull down the middle, and got really upset when we told him it wasn't that bad!
I was walking on a wall in my neighbour's garden, and one of the bricks was loose so I slipped into the bushes. A twig sprang back up and scratched my face, but it didn't feel that bad. I got inside and was crying, then put my hand up to wipe my eyes, and it came away covered in blood...bit of a shock!
When I was about twelve I was rushing to get breakfast as I was running late for school. I tripped on the top step on the stairs and did two roly polys and then bounced the rest of the way down. Added to that when I got to the bottom I managed to swivel and get the post for the hand rail behind my right shoulderblade. That was actually the lucky bit, we were having new windows put in so there was a sheet of glass propped against the end wall, if I had not swiveled I would have gone straight into it.
A few months ago me and my mum were making burgers and the recipe we were using said to put it on the top shelf of the grill. So we thought what the heck we'll try it, even though we generally don't use that shelf. Of course they then caught fire. Lesson learnt we have never used the top shelf of the grill again.
About a month later we were making bacon, again on the grill. The grill in our house cannot be open at the asme time as the oven so when checking some other food in the oven my mum closed the grill door. After checking the oven we then forgot to open the grill again. 5-10 minutes later I start to smell something odd we look down and there is smoke coming from around the grill door. Yup we set it on fire again.
Then not mine but my nextdoor neighbor's drain was blocked and so instead of getting his hands dirty with drain rods he thought it would be a good idea to try and use his high pressure hose to clear said blockage. Sufficed to say it didn't work and instead him and the entire front of his house was sprayed with...well you can imagine. His wife was not amused...but we were.
when I was younger about 12, me and my sister were making American pancakes after a trip to the states, we had found a recipe. It said baking soda, so I got the said baking soda and was trying to open the little red top when I squeezed too hard and the lid popped off and a cloud of baking soda went in to my eyes! I yelled "its foaming!" My sister (Big sister, more responsible!!) just stood there peeing her self!!
I've had so many stupid household accidents ...
But the best probably has to be when I burned my hand on my EZ bake oven.
just remembered my brother got his toe stuck in the bath handles while getting out of the bath, thus breaking his toe...he was 23 at the time!
i was like 6 my sis 8, my mom came home, i excitedly climbed up somewhere quite high and greeted my mom. mom went all happy seeing me, didn't bother to say hello to my sis. sis pushed me down head banged onto marble, and i cried for hours. now i blame her for my ugly nose.
Just as my mum was talking about how clumsy I am I feel over the dishwasher and almost broke a glass. I'm always leaving cupboards open and hitting my head on them and I can't stop laughing when that happens. I left a tea towel onto of the oven and my brother ended up running downstairs to rescue it sprained his ankle and limped to the fire to put it out.
When I was two my mum was at this church thing and in the middle of the service I needed the toilet. because it was easier my mum took me to the disabled toilet. There was a metal bar next to the loo which was loose and my mum told me not to touch it.
Guess what I did?
It hit her and broke her head open but she didn't have a clue until she walked into the church and the priest went 'OMG BLOOD'. for the next fortnight she had to go to the hair dressers to wash her hair because she wasn't allowed to get water on the stitches.
I know this wasn't a household accident but I think it was my most stupid accident of all
When I was a kid I used to have a Little Mermaid bike, and therefore liked to pretend I was Evil Kneivel when I was riding it. I had the ingenius idea of riding all the way through the hall to the garden outside as fast as I could, but didn't quite understand the concept of door frames, and went WHAM straight onto my back.
We had guests and i was carrying a jug of juice back to the kitchen. We have two living rooms and the guests were in the bottom one that was connected to the kitchen. They all saw me slip and the jug did a sumersault in the air before greeting me with a wave of cold juice.
I was having an argument with my mum in the kitchen as she was cooking. It culminated when I went and got the bottle of tomato ketchup from the fridge, and in my tempet slammed it on the counter for her. It was a plastic bottle, and the force caused it to split completely along the side facing her, resulting in an almost perfect tomato sauce stripe from her hip to her face. Not knowing what to do, because I was still angry, she was obviously even more angry, I did what came naturally - Laughed until I cried, before running out of the house to let her cool off.
I was clearly a 'special' child. I decided that it would be fun to dig a stick in the floor and then run in circles around it. (Dont judge me haha)
I subsequently fell over and that stick went in my eye, resulting in a bleeding eye that scabbed up and look horrid for weeks.
I was about 5 at the time.