Your stupid/hilarious household accidents Watch

Beckyxoxo
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Big Kabz)
Celebrating like mad when Walcott destroyed Liverpool in the C last year but the joy lasted for only a few seconds. I couldn't believe it when the referee awarded Liverpool that penalty. I hit the TV in frustration and broke the screen.
I felt your pain but my TV is still in use.
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I was about 9 I was cooking pasta (Mum's lazy, taught me to cook at a young age so she didn't have to), and splashed some onto my stomach. Having never been scalded before, I clutched my stomach, causing my t-shirt to stick to all the scalded skin. My mum had to peel off the t-shirt once I'd stopped screaming, which peeled off a lot of skin too.

At my sister's 4/5th birthday party, she had all her little friends over, and my 2 year old brother was in the room. One of the kids, who had ADHD or something and so was VERY hyper on the party food, pushed my brother into the sofa, where he cut his forehead quite badly. Mum and dad took him to A&E, he had it glued and was fine. We've always referred to it as him "cutting his head open", and we were talking about it a couple of months ago (he's now 11) and he thought he'd actually split his skull down the middle, and got really upset when we told him it wasn't that bad!

I was walking on a wall in my neighbour's garden, and one of the bricks was loose so I slipped into the bushes. A twig sprang back up and scratched my face, but it didn't feel that bad. I got inside and was crying, then put my hand up to wipe my eyes, and it came away covered in blood...bit of a shock!
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Left the fairy liquid bottle in the dishwasher.........Que scenes of a foam party when i went back in the kitchen. :elefant: But my mum was angry :[
undisclosed?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by olivermc)
My mum bought herself a Chinese, but she was busy putting my brother to bed when it arrived... so she asked me to put it in the oven to keep it warm.
I put everything in the oven (not realising that I was meant to put it on a plate) and all the plastic containers melted!
I was like 11......
I did something similar quite recently...and got told off for it.

I'm 18. :no:
LizB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I was about twelve I was rushing to get breakfast as I was running late for school. I tripped on the top step on the stairs and did two roly polys and then bounced the rest of the way down. Added to that when I got to the bottom I managed to swivel and get the post for the hand rail behind my right shoulderblade. That was actually the lucky bit, we were having new windows put in so there was a sheet of glass propped against the end wall, if I had not swiveled I would have gone straight into it.

A few months ago me and my mum were making burgers and the recipe we were using said to put it on the top shelf of the grill. So we thought what the heck we'll try it, even though we generally don't use that shelf. Of course they then caught fire. Lesson learnt we have never used the top shelf of the grill again.

About a month later we were making bacon, again on the grill. The grill in our house cannot be open at the asme time as the oven so when checking some other food in the oven my mum closed the grill door. After checking the oven we then forgot to open the grill again. 5-10 minutes later I start to smell something odd we look down and there is smoke coming from around the grill door. Yup we set it on fire again.

Then not mine but my nextdoor neighbor's drain was blocked and so instead of getting his hands dirty with drain rods he thought it would be a good idea to try and use his high pressure hose to clear said blockage. Sufficed to say it didn't work and instead him and the entire front of his house was sprayed with...well you can imagine. His wife was not amused...but we were.
wiseman123
Report 9 years ago
Well...

When i was a wee boy (arround 6-8) (carnt remember) My dad came home from work (about 6pm ish) so i ran to greet him... on the way to the door the loop of my shoe lace got caught on my younger sisters buggy (well my mums but my sister sat in it lol) and i broke my foot...

I was about 12 (also carnt remember the exact age) i was messing arround with water in the kitchen and backgarden... the floor was wet (with water) and i sliped and hit my head on the lock on the door (the bit that moves (on the side of the door to lock it) i dont knw what its called http://product-image.tradeindia.com/.../Door-Lock.jpg The sticky out bit on the left of that pic) and cut my head (not badly... but the scar is still there, you can see it if i get my hair cut short)

I was once getting ready for cubs (the good old days) and i was walking down the stairs and because i was only wearing socks on my feet i slipped backwords (up the stairs) and winded myself, i stood back up (i couldent Breathe) but i tried to shout "I carnt speak" (totaly fialed...)

Thats all i can remember for now

Ill post more if anything happends to me or i remember anymore HA HA!!!
thebirthoftragedy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm always falling down stairs, burning myself with my straighteners, catching my hip on doors, pulling curtain poles on my head..
I hit my mum in the face with my flute once, gave her a black eye :tongue:
Last week I made a big gash on my arm with the edge of a cupboard door.. no idea how that happened!
When I was 3/4 I was at my relatives house having a bbq, sitting on one of those special kiddy deckchairs.. next door neighbour, about the same age, decides he wants the deckchair, starts trying to pull it away from me, deckchair collapsed, slicing off about a third of my little finger (leaving it hanging on by a thread, literally).
Also, ran headfirst into my nanny's concrete garden wall, and split my head open
Gaylei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
when I was younger about 12, me and my sister were making American pancakes after a trip to the states, we had found a recipe. It said baking soda, so I got the said baking soda and was trying to open the little red top when I squeezed too hard and the lid popped off and a cloud of baking soda went in to my eyes! I yelled "its foaming!" My sister (Big sister, more responsible!!) just stood there peeing her self!!
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I was six, I was dressed up as a devil for Halloween (this was before my parents became rabidly Christian) and I bent my head down to look between my legs and see if my tail was still attached - why I couldn't just look over my shoulder I do not know. When I straightened up again I cracked my head on a door handle and started screaming. Mum told me to be quiet and stop being a baby, until I stopped clutching my head, looked at my hand and shrieked "I'M BLEEEEEDING!". Apparently I was so distressed that the A&E nurse couldn't stitch it up so I just bled all night. I was a wimpy child. :tongue:
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had so many stupid household accidents ...
But the best probably has to be when I burned my hand on my EZ bake oven.
cook my sock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my brother got out the bath when he was 5/6 and sat on the gas fire, he had a grid mark on his bum for ages lol
toddlers crossword
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
just remembered my brother got his toe stuck in the bath handles while getting out of the bath, thus breaking his toe...he was 23 at the time!
cook my sock
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i broke my arm whilst playing slam in my back garden (i wrapped it round a tree) when i was like 12, and my dad wouldn't take me to the hospital for 15 mins cus he was on the loo and mad at me for doing it. lol at least i can laugh now.
Bnm
Report 9 years ago
i was like 6 my sis 8, my mom came home, i excitedly climbed up somewhere quite high and greeted my mom. mom went all happy seeing me, didn't bother to say hello to my sis. sis pushed me down head banged onto marble, and i cried for hours. now i blame her for my ugly nose.
Big Kabz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beckyxoxo)
I felt your pain but my TV is still in use.
lol well I can't say the same about mine. The sound still works though but the picture doesn't. I have bought a new TV since that accident.
Fiathesofa
Report 9 years ago
Just as my mum was talking about how clumsy I am I feel over the dishwasher and almost broke a glass. I'm always leaving cupboards open and hitting my head on them and I can't stop laughing when that happens. I left a tea towel onto of the oven and my brother ended up running downstairs to rescue it sprained his ankle and limped to the fire to put it out.

When I was two my mum was at this church thing and in the middle of the service I needed the toilet. because it was easier my mum took me to the disabled toilet. There was a metal bar next to the loo which was loose and my mum told me not to touch it.

Guess what I did?

It hit her and broke her head open but she didn't have a clue until she walked into the church and the priest went 'OMG BLOOD'. for the next fortnight she had to go to the hair dressers to wash her hair because she wasn't allowed to get water on the stitches.

I know this wasn't a household accident but I think it was my most stupid accident of all
mamooshka
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When I was a kid I used to have a Little Mermaid bike, and therefore liked to pretend I was Evil Kneivel when I was riding it. I had the ingenius idea of riding all the way through the hall to the garden outside as fast as I could, but didn't quite understand the concept of door frames, and went WHAM straight onto my back.
amani-puresapphire
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We had guests and i was carrying a jug of juice back to the kitchen. We have two living rooms and the guests were in the bottom one that was connected to the kitchen. They all saw me slip and the jug did a sumersault in the air before greeting me with a wave of cold juice.
Bubblebeard
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was having an argument with my mum in the kitchen as she was cooking. It culminated when I went and got the bottle of tomato ketchup from the fridge, and in my tempet slammed it on the counter for her. It was a plastic bottle, and the force caused it to split completely along the side facing her, resulting in an almost perfect tomato sauce stripe from her hip to her face. Not knowing what to do, because I was still angry, she was obviously even more angry, I did what came naturally - Laughed until I cried, before running out of the house to let her cool off.
timetokill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was clearly a 'special' child. I decided that it would be fun to dig a stick in the floor and then run in circles around it. (Dont judge me haha)
I subsequently fell over and that stick went in my eye, resulting in a bleeding eye that scabbed up and look horrid for weeks.

I was about 5 at the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed